This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Sacked for being too quick
« on: October 02, 2008, 06:53:02 pm »
My lads got sacked off a £17.50 house today for being too quick, apparantly a neighbour said they were only there 5 mins.

Her windows were clean so no complaints there.

Do you think wfp has become too quick and people expect to pay less ?

Re: Sacked for being too quick
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:55:17 pm »
My lads got sacked off a £17.50 house today for being too quick, apparantly a neighbour said they were only there 5 mins.

Her windows were clean so no complaints there.

Do you think wfp has become too quick and people expect to pay less ?
Have had a few people say we have done them very quick, all I say is if there are any problems at all I will redo the house, we have to be quicker as are expenses have gone up and have kept your price the same.............oh and we clean your frames aswell now.

Seems to work a treat

Steve CM

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 06:56:01 pm »
tough tittie really!

if they say anything i just mention how many thousands of pounds it cost me for us to be so quick! :D

its the competition you've probably got to be more worried about ;)

trike

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:59:28 pm »
a woman flow out of her dorma bungalow,christ that was quick she said,other fella took ages,she didnt like the water on windows leaded,can you do it other way scrim,ok but it will cost more,why because it will take longer,ok then,she will pay more crazy,the result will be the same but longer

geefree

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:00:53 pm »
i would have told her to get lost.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:02:04 pm »
I am not worried about the competition, just my reputation.

The neighbour said its disgusting what we charge her and dont think you will be doing them again.

This house is a dormer with a 3 storey window at the front and and 14 other large windows.

clean

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 07:03:16 pm »
What the hell has it got to do with the neighbour  ???

Steve CM

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:04:32 pm »
I am not worried about the competition, just my reputation.

The neighbour said its disgusting what we charge her and dont think you will be doing them again.

This house is a dormer with a 3 storey window at the front and and 14 other large windows.

if you had trackers on your vans dave you'd know how long they would of been there ;)

that sounds un realistic for that  amount of cleaning in 5 minutes

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 07:09:08 pm »
The neighbour is one of those nosey types, I suppose he is just looking out for her as she is a single pensioner.

We have been doing the same house for 5 years, I spoke to the women and assured her of being insured and police checked and we were vat registered and it costs a fortune to produce the water, and 5 mins was probably a little stretch of the truth.

So that I didnt intimidate or pressurise her at the door, i said i would take her off the list and that she should phone me if she should require my services again.

Steve cm

There was 2 of my guys and they had to drive into a cul de sac just to clean hers, did you tell me about the trackers last time ?

Steve CM

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 07:09:53 pm »
yes it was me

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 07:10:36 pm »
Steve

Can you send me details again as that last link never worked

Thanks

Dave

Steve CM

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 07:12:29 pm »
just go onto ebay and search 'real time tracker' they cost about £330 its the only ones on there. best piece of mind you'll buy fella!! ;)

steven ainger

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 07:12:52 pm »
i must admit i do tend to take a bit longer on the customers houses, who are at home.

Steve CM

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 07:16:38 pm »
if you have trouble finding them dave, search this auction number

thats what i have fitted on my vans

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 07:17:01 pm »
cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vehicle-Tracking-A-Real-Time-GPS-Satellite-Tracker_W0QQitemZ190241166262QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190241166262&_trkparms=72:1301|39:2|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

item number   190241166262   

Is this the one

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 07:17:39 pm »
I see it is

Steve CM

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 07:20:35 pm »
you can print out reports each day, see what mileage has been done, see how long they were at each job. plus you can log on and see where they are in real time. It is good for not much cash!!

Jago

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 08:03:34 pm »
OMG you two watch Big Brother too do ya?

Thames Water fitted these on the premis it was for H&S, problem is it was abusied by the Merchant Bankers

Where has the trust gone huh?
lol

To Do Is To Dare

Mike 108

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 08:28:50 pm »
Dave

Have you asked your lads how long the job took?

Where I live £15-20 per hour is the absolute max that Mrs Public would pay to have her windows cleaned.

(There might be a small number of rich people that might pay more for the peace of mind of getting an excellent job, done by someone they liked and trusted.)

15 windows in 5 minutes is 3 windows per minute.

My own house has 10 large windows and it takes me 15 minutes.  It takes me 15 minutes because I want the windows perfect. I clean everyone else’s windows the same way. Because I do theirs less often than my own, theirs probably take me longer.

You’ve been doing the job a lot longer than me and , judging by your success/growth, have obviously been doing it right for most of the time.

Although I would expect most experienced cleaners to do the job faster than me (I'm older and slow and too conscientious), there must be a limit to how fast a window can be cleaned (properly).  I suspect that some cleaners are exceeding that limit in their efforts to make even more money!

Once you employ other people to do your work for you – you’re going to get let down from time to time. You just have to accept that.

Mike

tomy jackson

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 08:32:50 pm »
i woodent work for any body who kept tabs on my integry