This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wayne Thomas

Re: Weird Problem
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 10:39:25 pm »
Some potted flowers close to windows leave a film on the nearby glass. Same with windows close to or under a BBQ stand.

karygate

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 07:48:19 am »
i do a village and 1 month every year get yellow spots all over windows due to harvesting.takes twice as long that day.
gary

Pittmonkey

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 08:41:10 pm »
No plants No harvesting.

Can't point the finger at anything with my side, equipment etc, so must be an environmental thing in his street. What it is I've no idea.

Thing is he doesn't want to cancel, he's been very supportive of this new system has he calls it and want to help me find out the cause. But I ain't going cleaning them WFP and then going back and polishing all the windows with glass polish ::)

Anyone have any more comments. Thanks to everyone so far
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

DASERVICES

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 10:55:35 pm »
When you wash the windows do you get a lot of bubbles from the water on the glass

vision tech

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 11:47:05 pm »
they have been having a bbq on a windy day ,grease spots all over the place ;D ;D
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2008, 12:02:09 am »
The glass does bead DA and I think you I know what you mean when you get a load of small bubbles very close togethere on the glass I've seen that happen on glass but dont recall seeing it on these particular windows. What's ytour line of thinking on this?

BBQ could be but not at the front and back. I do a house who have there BBQ under their kitchen window and is a right mess every month. I clean it trad and wpf all the others and no probs so BBQ is probably not the cause.

And Archer those three tickets you where flashing today for the game could have gone to a real supporter  ;D ;D

karygate

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 01:16:33 pm »
is it a window where they have a tumble dryer on the other side. had one of these and every month it run milky at first.
gary

Polewash

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 01:36:21 pm »
What about checking his neighbours windows and see if they have the same problem, first thing I would do.

John

Busby

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 04:21:10 pm »
Pittmonkey,

i would like to say "VIVA RONALDO, VIVA RONALDO"

:'( :'(

Pittmonkey

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2008, 06:43:30 pm »
Ok Thought I'd update you on this problem. Called round today to sort it out and Bingo!!! I think I've sussed it.

Patio Heaters!!!!

He has three + a BBQ at the back of the house. Even the brick walls were sticky. This is the only thing it could possibly be. The calor gas fumes must be causing this, plus the BBQ next to the kitchen window wouldn't help.
(So Tommy wasn't far off with his diagnosis)

Now I know I WFP'd the windows and he hadn't used these after I'd cleaned, so presuming he had used them in the evenings when we had a few hot days in September, it's built up over the few hot days and WFP didn't get it off the glass. This doesn't explain his porch at the front but when I checked it I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

So all the windows have been polished now with glass polish same as last time and he will now have to look for a Trad cleaner.

Feeling good really cos I used to hate doing the place. Had to wait for him to get up and answer door trail through with backpack, put it away set van mount up for fronts, swop poles for awkward window, invoice him.

Ahhh!!!! free at last.

Thanks for all the help, who knows this maybe some help to others in the future.

Wayne