Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Payment Reminders
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:26:27 am »
Can anyone advice on what to say for customers who havent paid. I collect payment once a week and for those not in i provide a sae,but you still get a few that just dont send it on and really hard to ever find them in. So want to print out a payment reminder and ask them to pay in x days. How many days is reasonable to request if money has been outstanding say for a month or two? Any help on drafting a reminder please? Cheers guys :)

Re: Payment Reminders
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 11:55:08 am »
Can anyone advice on what to say for customers who havent paid. I collect payment once a week and for those not in i provide a sae,but you still get a few that just dont send it on and really hard to ever find them in. So want to print out a payment reminder and ask them to pay in x days. How many days is reasonable to request if money has been outstanding say for a month or two? Any help on drafting a reminder please? Cheers guys :)
I charge a later payment fee if money is not sent within 28 days of clean, this seems to get them to remember to pay,

Could you not post your terms and conditions and post if with a payment slip.

simon knight

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 12:20:54 pm »

3 weeks is my maximum then a phone call to remind.

I don't think (most) people deliberately avoid paying; It's a bit like when your gas bill comes in...you don't immediately reach for your cheque book...then you forget all about it until the red reminder comes in.

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:55:53 pm »

Oh yes sorry; In answer to your question. I do the sae system and give 3 weeks because they may be on holiday. But when I have to phone I say: Hello Mrs Smith, I'm sorry to trouble you but your cheque seems to have got lost in the post (I then mutter something about the "bloody postal system") and could you please send another cheque and if the original turns up I'll destroy it.

Of course they've not sent it in the first place, but it's just a diplomatic way of saying: "Oi I want me dough".....and gives them a bit of face.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 05:55:52 pm »
First clean - leave envelope with request for payment.  If not received by next time, do again and leave invoice for two lots with message: "Please forward in SAE left last time"

Rarely have to give a further reminder, but if not received in 14 days, phone them.

KLEEN-ZONE

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 09:36:26 pm »
This is what we use:

REMINDER
Dear

We write to inform you that we have not yet received payment of invoice [Number] for [Amount] due on [Date].I'm sure you must have mistakenly overlooked this but could I ask that you give it your prompt attention now.
If payment has already been sent, please disregard this letter. If you have any queries about your account, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 11:09:40 pm »
Thanks guys for advice