This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

YWCS

. New
« on: September 19, 2008, 08:12:19 pm »

jefftemperley

Re: Coxreel
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 08:19:44 pm »
hang on for a while and you can buy one of mine.

see ''power reel ltd'' string for details

bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

LWC

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 08:36:32 pm »
im sure sherwood window cleaning had something like that

STEVE-UK

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 04:17:33 pm »
I use to coxreels where i used to work and there the best money can buy, when you reel in there really smooth as there are bearings in the shaft as apposed to the cheapo metal one i have,the ones most people have with the plastic shaft

i would highly recommend one if its within your budget

jefftemperley

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 05:13:33 pm »
funny you mention that but i was thinking about a quick release clamp , when things are up and running i want it to be interchangeable with the swivel accessorie too. that way for guys like me that do property maintenance and building work too sometimes its not a hassle going on and off

im meeting some new steel firms next week to discuss  production with laser and cnc machines, so ill be talking with the design teams about it then.
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 09:11:36 pm »
I think what you are doing is great Jeff, but i still think you are aiming too high. Simplicity is the key, any electronic gizmo's with varistream type control of the reel will cause comebacks and refunds. Your margins will be tight so five month old units returned because of some hamfisted clod's clumsiness will eat into profits.

You don't need the battery, the variable speed, or the cut off.Nor the swivel or the quick release.

Get the retail price down as far as you can. Even then the likes of northern tool will be showing it to china who would have a global market.Once launched you have two years at the outside to make your mark.