This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

Ladder feet
« on: September 19, 2008, 04:36:51 pm »
Can any traditional guys advice on what ladders are best in terms of good feet? I use a zarges ladder at the mo, great ladder but with constant use the feet dont last that long. Looking for a 3.5 metre and not too heavy duty. The zarges only weighs 11 kilos. Hell on earth trying to change the feet, it took me a whole afternoon last time trying to get the buggers out. Any advice please ;)

Rob_Mac

Re: Ladder feet
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 04:51:41 pm »
You want to get the polar feet. They are about £20.00 a pair and they pivot.

Flat base and two arms that go up the outside of the ladder legs. Lots and lots of deep grip.  These need drilling and a couple of bolts and nuts.

I have never seen a better foot on a ladder yet!!!

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 04:56:03 pm »
On the FWC website

ARF Lyte ladder Feet  - £30.00

Rob ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 06:52:17 pm »
www.midlandladder.co.uk   Go to "Window Cleaners" on the menu, then the sub-menu "Accessories".  The ones you want are the "oval" swivel feet (though Midland call them "rectangular").  They work perfectly well on splay footed ladders, all ours have them fitted.

If you're buying new ladders, they'll fit them for you.

CC Windows

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 02:47:42 am »
put spikes on ,no need to mess with feet and ladder safer

Always wondered about spikes, how do you go on when the floor is concrete with nowhere for the spikes to 'bed' in?

kris martin

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 08:20:52 am »

Always wondered about spikes, how do you go on when the floor is concrete with nowhere for the spikes to 'bed' in?

the only floor that is extremely anti spike (in my opinion) is the concrete floors that are shaped into like a block paving, death trap...   i think spikes are by far the best option though...

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 08:23:10 am »
What are spikes?

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 08:35:39 am »
A device used to prevent ladder-slip in lawns

Tim82

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 11:51:17 am »
I don't know what make they are but we always used the type with green feet. They last for ages.

Tim82

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 11:54:42 am »
A device used to prevent ladder-slip in lawns

They'll make a lovely mess of the lawn!  :o Wouldn't like to foot anyone using them!! ;D

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 12:12:31 pm »
Can any traditional guys advice on what ladders are best in terms of good feet? I use a zarges ladder at the mo, great ladder but with constant use the feet dont last that long. Looking for a 3.5 metre and not too heavy duty. The zarges only weighs 11 kilos. Hell on earth trying to change the feet, it took me a whole afternoon last time trying to get the buggers out. Any advice please ;)

Why buy new ones straight away??
On your ladder you have another 3 sets, Take a good set out, you may have to drill the bit of alley thats been pressed in to hold them in place but just add some small bolts in its place instead.

Remove the old ones, relace with the good ones, then stick the old ones back from where you removed the good ones from, All the above is very simple.

dave0123

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 02:30:28 pm »
How are the spikes safe on drives then?

i use the LYTE  feet and they still work a treat on grass because theres a bigger are articulated a on the grass and they grip to anything.

Soon as you stand on the ladder they grip to the floor like glue! worth every penny, they rave on about ladder safety why dont they make it law to have the articulated    feet fitted by the manufacturers.

Dave
Dave.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 02:51:38 pm »
We also drilled holes in ours - one or two per foot. We could then push a long screwdriver through them - into the ground. This would be used on damp or wet grass or softer ground. The best of both worlds.

Rob ;D

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 03:26:48 pm »
Don't forget the Rojak Ladder Stopper; it's great for dodgy windows; and I'm sure it's saved me on one occasion when I had my ladder at a silly angle.

kris martin

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 04:01:31 pm »

the only floor that is extremely anti spike (in my opinion) is the concrete floors that are shaped into like a block paving, death trap...   i think spikes are by far the best option though...
i find its best to get spikes in the gaps on that kris, the worst is damp decking,if its laid the right way get spikes in a groove the other way and the ladder needs footing or the window gets missed
what i do on damp decking is give a little jump on the ladder and the spikes sink a cm or so...