This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

Silly Boy
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:37:16 pm »
Got to work this morning first job jumps out goes to the back of the van and the doors locked so i go back to the front get the key and unlock it put the keys back (can you see where this is going?) walks to the back again as i try to open the door the van locks itself with the keys in the ignition  ::) two hours of lost work time
The scary thing is it took the RAC man less than a minute to break into the van  :o
Leason learned  ::)

kris martin

Re: Silly Boy
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:57:45 pm »
my wife did the same thing when she had my 3 month old daughter in the car ( few years back) and she had to call the police... they give her a lift home to get the spare key  whilst one watched the car..

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:59:59 pm »
Got to work this morning first job jumps out goes to the back of the van and the doors locked so i go back to the front get the key and unlock it put the keys back (can you see where this is going?) walks to the back again as i try to open the door the van locks itself with the keys in the ignition  ::) two hours of lost work time
The scary thing is it took the RAC man less than a minute to break into the van  :o
Shouldn't lock if the keys are in it. Mine doesn't. ???

Only if you press unlock, but don't open it for a minute.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 04:12:53 pm »
Shouldn't lock if the keys are in it. Mine doesn't. ???

Only if you press unlock, but don't open it for a minute.

Apparently its a common fault with Transits so said the RAC man who turned up in a ...Transit

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:00:03 pm »
Happened to my Mum with her Ford Focus too!!

The AA bloke took out the high level brake light had a fiddle about and hey presto he unlocked it!!

He wouldnt say what he actually did tho :o
You can't polish a turd

Dean Taberner

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 07:02:47 pm »
Whats this got to do with window cleaning admin?  ???

Can we have it shifted please?

Im joking by the way...................... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

LWC

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 07:07:17 pm »
when i used to work for halfords (boooooo) someone locked their baby in a new bmw

she was going mental, understandable and asked us to smash the rear quarter window!!

we did with great pleasure  ;D

tacky

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 10:26:47 pm »
quick one before we get transferred to another departmant .wife knackerd switch on cooker ,few days later we were doing last house on round .we go round back  what do we see ,same switch on cooker unit being thrown out .no tools in pocket only carkeys .i put key under switch to prise off .key snaps .flaming hell i say .had to phone taxi take me in town to have new key made .

Ian W

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 09:19:22 am »
I knew I was going to lock myself out of my fiesta van at some point because the boot locks as soon as it is shut. I started to take a spare key with me to make sure I didn't. You guessed it. I locked both keys in the boot and the RAC man had to break in. And you are right, it is scary how quickly you can open a locked car without the keys.  :-X :)
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Tim82

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 11:45:03 am »
 We all have one of those days once in a while.... I once locked my keys in my car after doing a morning of work and had to take a taxi home to pick up spare key and back again... ended up spending what I'd earned on taxi.... oh well, you live and learn.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 01:00:59 pm »
At least i now know i am in good company as it sounds like lots of you have done it too  ;D

Tim82

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 01:28:09 pm »
 That's why we're here afterall!

Davie T

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 02:45:44 pm »
If you have a spare key, wrap it up it wateproof tape and screw it to the floor somewhere accessible. ( Best buy a simple replica WITHOUT chip for central locking immobiliser. ) Then you only need a screwdriver to get the spare key.

Ian W

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 05:28:54 pm »
I learnt my lesson after that. Now I wear the key around my neck. So, unless my head is also in the boot, I can't lock myself out!  ;D
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens