This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

haggis

ripped off
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:55:09 pm »
Has anyone been approached by an english bloke and two lithuanians about buying window cleaning rounds?  My mate has a round that he is selling 1500 pounds worth of work a month all domestic in and around Mansfield for 4500 pound. He's been approached and been offered the cash in two installments and i'm wondering if anyone else has been approached by thes people   Sounds like a scam to me.
God loves a tryer but trying tae clean windaes in the rain - It's a mugs game

Re: ripped off
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 05:02:19 pm »
Why would it be a scam if the work is for sale and someone is interested in buying it?

haggis

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 05:09:05 pm »
 One English bloke, two Lits, two installments,  i might be a bit cynical being a jock but it sounds like a scam to me

MJH

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 05:12:23 pm »
Could be a scam, if in doubt get all the cash up front then everybody is happy!!

alanwilson

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 05:13:15 pm »
buying and selling rounds is always a dodgy business, I think the best way to do it is half upfront and the other half on completion of month 2.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

haggis

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 05:18:35 pm »
Then again my mate is a bit thick he got conned when he bought the round and i had to step in and sort it out for him. anyway his loss i suppose, i just don't like seeing anyone getting ripped of  ;D

Tim82

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 04:58:45 pm »
One English bloke, two Lits, two installments,  i might be a bit cynical being a jock but it sounds like a scam to me

Sounds more like the start of a bad joke to me ;)

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 05:05:04 pm »
Two instalments sounds OK, I wouldn't shell out £4.5K not knowing if the work is all there. If they are offering over £2k up front they are not very good at scamming.

Plus the English speaker is prob there so that his two friend dont get ripped off.

jaykie

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 05:27:46 pm »
Would this be the round in question

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 08:13:32 pm »
If this is the one then £4.5k seems alot for a round that has been "established" for 6 months. If our Lithuanian friends are watching i'd get the price down a bit.

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 08:54:41 pm »
so lets just re-cap, they give you 2k, you give them your list of customers, then they dont pay the rest yes. How hard is it going to be to find them, keep a copy or the round for safe gaurd.

Gerard  :)

peter holley

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 09:20:13 pm »
DON'T DO IT :o

kris martin

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 10:34:28 pm »
get all the money up front, i wouldnt give anybody any work unless i had the whole amount, they want it then they pay for it...

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 11:53:29 pm »
this round selling stuff seems to have passed me by ::)
i have given away loads of work,and have been given good chunks as well
i have helped 4 blokes set up rounds using work i gave em
2 part time 2 full time
never got or expected a penny
just stuff i could not cope with so i let someone else have it
not cream of crop but ok and 2 of em have gone on to expand in the areas i started em off in and built good rounds ;D
if someone gave me 2 grand up front for work i had only done for 6 months and needed a couple of days help i would be well happy,if they then paid 2 and half extra after a month of doing it i would be ecstatic 

mark dew

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 12:03:22 am »
He could show them 1/2 the work for half the cash then the rest for the remainder, if everyone is happy?

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 09:15:44 am »
The work is 6 moths old at best! This is not established, if there is a scam its by the seller.

Sometimes I think Window Cleaners on this forum are among the most stupid I know of. How can the buyer be pulling a fast one. He's made an offer and i'm sure he wants to find out if it's genuine before handing over the other half.

Do you guys do deals in car parks or what, not everything done by non English speakers is dodgy!

This has to go along with phoning up care homes and, when they ask for a quote, refusing to give one because they already have a cleaner.

Wise up boys!

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 09:23:52 am »

This has to go along with phoning up care homes and, when they ask for a quote, refusing to give one because they already have a cleaner.

;)

Anyway, these Lithuanian chaps, why shouldnt they try to change the rules a little, who doesnt, its like bartering, knocking someone down when you buy a car, asking if thats the best price. Who doesnt?

Sounds perfectly legit to me.

I hear a lot of Jock window-cleaners cant be trusted, but thats just hearsay  ;)

Not nice to say it though.

haggis

Re: ripped off New
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 04:27:21 pm »
OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

I've been at it years doing trad and never had a problem and anyway every windae cleaner in scotland has to be licensed and checked by the police !!!!!