This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

glisaglaze

Trad: Leaded Windows
« on: September 17, 2008, 03:34:42 pm »
Can some of you pro's share with me and the forum good technquies for cleaning them?? Do you just just a cloth and wipe if there not too bad?? Or is there diferent ways other than WFP and using damp cloths??

Many thanks
Henry

MJH

Re: Trad: Leaded Windows
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 04:05:22 pm »
If you don't have wfp, best method is to use a damp scrim or microfibre- wipe window with the damp one and before the water drys on the glass rub it off with a dry scrim or microfibre!!

Simple as that.

Ian_Giles

Re: Trad: Leaded Windows
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 04:18:50 pm »
Or....

Use a propitiatory window cleaning spray, and a really top one to use is Sainsbury's own brand window cleaning spray (or Tesco's own brand) I've been using this one in conjunction with microfibre cloths and I reckon it is the best one I've ever used, slightly more expensive than the tesco one, but still under a quid to buy.

Anyway; just a very light mist on the glass, leaded or Georgian and buff dry with a clean microfibre.

Either method works fine, you can also use the wet cloth/dry cloth technique when the microfibre cloth starts to get too damp to buff the glass dry.

I was doing a very large georgian house today, WFP outside but inside was of course done trad, exactly as described above.
Windows were stinking so a lot of spray was used and when cloth was too damp to buff dry, the spray was still used but after going over with the now damp microfibre cloth, the glass was given a final polish with a bone dry one....if the windows had not been so filthy then the damp cloth would have sufficed without need to have been gone over again with the dry one.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES