Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tatman

ALEX my opion on superlite brush dual trim
« on: September 15, 2008, 10:01:52 pm »
Got my brush weekend and used it today for the first time. My first impressions were WHERES THE BRISTLES? Anyway after first day my feelings are too few bristles and a bit soft could do with more scrub power. Thats my honest opion. ;D

NWH

Re: ALEX my opion on superlite brush dual trim
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 05:51:52 pm »
The new version is a lot better although i would still fill it with more bristles,it would only improve it even more.

kris martin

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 06:47:50 pm »
Got my brush weekend and used it today for the first time. My first impressions were WHERES THE BRISTLES? Anyway after first day my feelings are too few bristles and a bit soft could do with more scrub power. Thats my honest opion. ;D
whats your choice of everyday brush?

tatman

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:06:58 pm »
Still looking for my ideal brush. Been using ionics and also have a couple of vikans and now the superlite. I still think the ionics is good for the upvc work. Used the superlite today on some georgians alot better than the others on that.

s.w.c

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 08:16:37 pm »
The new version is a lot better although i would still fill it with more bristles,it would only improve it even more.

thats fine but what about us that brought the first version, myself i brought two this is not cheap, to find out there have improved on it, so what we got to spend more money again,

NWH

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 08:19:41 pm »
I have also made that known in different posts,come on Alex we should at least get some sort of discount i had 2 of the first ones to and they just sit in the van now.

kris martin

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 08:21:54 pm »

thats fine but what about us that brought the first version, myself i brought two this is not cheap, to find out there have improved on it, so what we got to spend more money again,
its life, new things are meant to be improved else why make a new one.... i bought a nice samsung tv theres a better one now, should i get a discount on the new one?

wightsurf

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 08:24:14 pm »
I think it depends on the time between the sale of the old one and buying the new one, and if they where not made aware that a new brush was just about to hit the shops

s.w.c

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 08:30:24 pm »
i think they should have been field tested for longer then the upgrades would have all ready happened then it wouldn't be at our expense, saying that i also brought a single trim at same time, this i cant fault i use it all the time, i just hate wasting 80 quid ,  I WOULD RATHER HAVE SPENT IT ON MY KIDS.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 08:41:31 pm »
I do understand that it's frustrating when a new version comes out only three months after the original but this is the nature of manufacturing.  The original brushes are still very good and will actually suit some types of work and people better than the current one. 

I personally am still using three of the original dual trims on several of my poles and feel no need to upgrade to the latest version although it would cost me nothing!  I fully anticipate having to produce another batch of the original dual trim for those that prefer the slight difference. 

My advice, if you are using one of the original ones and are still getting on with the way it works, is to not bother upgrading.  With a lot of manufactured tools, there are constant incremental adjustments in specification and performance. This doesn't mean that the original is substandard or unable to function, just that certain changes have been made. 

I knew that the latest version would appeal to NWH more as I knew what type of brush he was specifically looking for (from numerous of his postings).  The flip side of this is, that someone may buy the latest version and find they actually prefer the previous one more. 

The point is, both versions will clean windows efficiently with minimum of weight and maximum longevity.

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 08:44:22 pm »
so what we got to spend more money again,

Dont have to if you dont want to.

s.w.c

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 09:14:21 pm »

that's fine but when you have kids and putting them through school you tend not to like to waste money,
Alex i thought you would answer in that way and your right, its still frustrating and would make you choose your next purchase very careful , as for some time Ive watched you slx pole with interest and still watching its progress before i consider, as i made my own modular over two years ago and its still perfect , I'm waiting for the right time to look at the slx need someone in herts or beds to have one i can look at with my own hands, as i said the single trim brush is faultless, i found the double trim not as good, you say the suit some types of window cleaning but i find they don't suit mine, the single trim suits mine perfect.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 09:24:01 pm »
I think I need to stand up for Alex here, because brushes are such a personal thing. The original Super-lite brush is still very good. Infact just as good as the new one IMO. i have 2 mark 1's and 1 mark 2 Super-lite brushes. I am using them in combination. I think the mark 2  is good for 1st cleans but takes more energy out of you caus it doesnt splay as easy. The mark 1 is a softer brush, great for everything and especially maintenance cleans. I was a bit miffed when the new brush was updated too, but come on, the mark 1 is a brilliant brush, only a Tucker is better IMO, same with the mark 2....their just variations of the same brush. Loads of people that love the mark 1 would hate the mark 2......whatever version you have, you have a BRILLIANT brush, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 09:27:18 pm »

that's fine but when you have kids and putting them through school you tend not to like to waste money,
Alex i thought you would answer in that way and your right, its still frustrating and would make you choose your next purchase very careful , as for some time Ive watched you slx pole with interest and still watching its progress before i consider, as i made my own modular over two years ago and its still perfect , I'm waiting for the right time to look at the slx need someone in herts or beds to have one i can look at with my own hands, as i said the single trim brush is faultless, i found the double trim not as good, you say the suit some types of window cleaning but i find they don't suit mine, the single trim suits mine perfect.

That's very interesting..... it confirms my feelings that brush opinions are very subjective based on your work and methodology. For my own technique I prefer the original dual trim and cannot get on quite as well with the single trim. This is the exact opposite of you.  Neither of us are wrong and neither of the brushes are wrong - it's horses for courses.  

Over the years I have built up a large stock holding of brushes that I have tried and found haven't worked for me. I now have a big plastic tub in the garage full of them and I have sold others on eBay.  Some of these brushes were recommended by experienced window cleaners and yet I just couldn't get on with them.  I am sorry you feel your money has been wasted and I do understand that with bringing up a family the money is always better spent on the kids (all six of them in my case!).  

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 09:31:08 pm »
Infact I think will be putting the mark 1 back on my sl-x after a couple of weeks.....while I like the mark 2, I still love the mark 1. I love having the choice of different brushes for different jobs. I have the following:   mark 1 & 2 super-lite brushes, 12 inch tucker, ionic multipole brush, oval vikan, mono vikans, rect vikan flocked, addis, bentley. And I can say that the mark 1 and 2 are the second best brush after the Tucker. But I use the SL brushes all the time because their lighter. Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

s.w.c

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 09:51:06 pm »
Alex I'm not picking on you directly it just got to me of the upgrade to the double trim, it seemed to be very soon after as though the mistake was noticed or it looks that way. as for brushes being a personal thing you are so right i just worked out how many different types i have an i am shocked to realize how many i have, considering all i use is the single trim for all my general work except first cleans i still use a ionics crinkled mono, i suppose i just wish i brought all single trim first, but that will teach me for rushing in as at the time all you had was double trim the single version wasn't out then but it followed shortly after, there is no need for anyone to stick up for Alex as he is capable of doing it by himself and he should know that me smithy's window cleaning don't pick on people but if i have something to say i will, and i have enough experience in this game.
saying all that still want someone local ish to me to have a slx i can look at an feel.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 10:13:11 pm »
I praise Alex for going out of his way to manufacture a brush to suit us WFpeople. He listens to feedback and tries to improve his products in the same way Paul Sanders listens to feedback for his George window cleaning program. It may not suit everyone perfectly but it's very good and makes life easier at a modest price.

Kevin R

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 10:43:48 pm »
I have been using the original dual trims since they came out and I have covered many square meters of commercial glass and frame with them. I have just ordered another as they are in my opinion the best "rinsing on" dual trim brush on the market and worth every penny.

I think they are fantastic brushes but I do prefer the red Vikan for ground floor work as the weight is unimportant, rinsing on is not a priority, and I believe I am more "heavy handed" with the ground floor brushes as I trash all ground floor brushes very quickly (Gardiners single trim lasted less than a week) Vikans do much better but I dont like them on 1st floor and above work.

So for me there is no "one" perfect brush for all jobs but the combination of the two brushes is for me is the way to go.