Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Customer wont pay - What should I do?
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 11:37:58 pm »
you may want to change some of the wording on your post  ;)

baldeagle

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 08:34:36 am »
In trouble with whom, Window washers?
Baldeagle
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

Tim82

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 11:32:44 am »
just got his hose pipe and put it through the letterbox and turned it on i would have paid to see the slags face wheN he got in revenge is best served cold ................................

ha ha, ill remember that one along with muddy water and my favourite... eggs injected with super glue!!!

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 05:19:23 pm »
just got his hose pipe and put it through the letterbox and turned it on i would have paid to see the slags face wheN he got in revenge is best served cold ................................

ha ha, ill remember that one along with muddy water and my favourite... eggs injected with super glue!!!

Both of you guys should just walk away, if people get word of that sort of stuff, you might find your service getting harder and harder to sell. Its also illegal to damage someones property like that, even though they may deserve it and could if you are in scotland end up losing your licence.

Some customers are abit of hassell and can at times end up costing us more instead of making any money off them, but the best solution is just to black list them and dont return. Let other window cleaners know about the hassell you had with them as well, just as a courtesy.

Dont let people agravate you, and cheer up, we all get them.

Gerard  :)

RPCCS

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 05:43:27 pm »
2 eggs, into a blender,add some sour milk, blend, pour into a garden  pump up sprayer or squirt bottle, go round 1 night late on ,and leave a deposit on the windows!! It won't get your money but it will give you the satisfaction of knowing that she hasn't got the better of you ;)
Cheers Rich

tomy jackson

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 05:47:11 pm »
wos that you who did that to my cuson

RO-Sheen

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 05:50:37 pm »
Ha Ha, These replies are so funny!! I wouldnt ever do anything to the customers windows but it is making me lol.

My favourite is the glue in an egg method!  ;D
Formerly known as GARGAAX

RPCCS

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 05:55:22 pm »
wos that you who did that to my cuson
No , it s not my invention, someone on another forum thought it up, I wouldn't have the bottle to do that  lol :)
Cheers Rich

Tim82

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 10:31:34 pm »

Both of you guys should just walk away, if people get word of that sort of stuff, you might find your service getting harder and harder to sell. Its also illegal to damage someones property like that, even though they may deserve it and could if you are in scotland end up losing your licence.

Some customers are abit of hassell and can at times end up costing us more instead of making any money off them, but the best solution is just to black list them and dont return. Let other window cleaners know about the hassell you had with them as well, just as a courtesy.

Dont let people agravate you, and cheer up, we all get them.

Gerard  :)

Thanks, gerard  ;)

peter holley

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2008, 10:50:18 pm »
£ 11    for 2 months £22.... waste of energy... let it go its less than an hours work....youve spent  more time whinging on your computer....

Tim82

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2009, 10:20:48 am »

I have a similiar customer that owes me £80!!!(well off estate) she avoids me like the plague and Ive left countless reminders. Im going to leave her a letter saying im sending the bailiffs round next time I go.

Is there no way we can force them to pay?

Update:  Finally got paid from her after over a year of knocking when I was cleaning next door! She paid me £40 (half of it) and said she had complained and cancelled (which she hadn't) after the first clean. And just didn't bother cancelling "again" and let me keep coming a few more cleans! All the while with a smug look on her face. She even had the nerve to say she preferred her previous window cleaner because he was "nicer"! (I'm a very polite person). Anyway, just shows persistence pays off sometimes!

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2009, 07:24:03 pm »
To be honest I think you're a bit naive letting her bill run to £80 in the first place. I'm surprised the alarm bells didn't start to ring a little earlier than that ::) ::) ::)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Tim82

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2009, 10:27:37 am »
To be honest I think you're a bit naive letting her bill run to £80 in the first place. I'm surprised the alarm bells didn't start to ring a little earlier than that ::) ::) ::)

Well, yes maybe but it was only about 4 or 5 cleans and she was one of those never-see-you-pay-you-every-few-cleans business women that had had a good track record previously. It just proves you should never put yourself out on a limb for customers though, just in case.

windowswashed

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2009, 07:34:46 pm »
Don't keep cleaning a customers house if you aren't being paid regularly. Pick a limit of 2 or 3 washes and stick to it. If they owe phone or leave a letter stating that you've temporarily suspended their window cleaning until payment has been received in full. If you let a bad paying customer run up a debt you stand less chance of getting your money owed than if it was just a single wash.

Trust your gut feeling about whinging customers of shady character who you feel will be more trouble than their account is worth.

Tim82

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2009, 09:14:36 am »
Don't keep cleaning a customers house if you aren't being paid regularly. Pick a limit of 2 or 3 washes and stick to it. If they owe phone or leave a letter stating that you've temporarily suspended their window cleaning until payment has been received in full. If you let a bad paying customer run up a debt you stand less chance of getting your money owed than if it was just a single wash.

Trust your gut feeling about whinging customers of shady character who you feel will be more trouble than their account is worth.

Yes, wise words... I have actually always had a policy of not letting people owe me more than £10, but the odd special case customer I have let owe me a few cleans (say if they are usually busy doing long work hours, never see them but are quick, enthusiastic payers when they do see you). I've definitely become more hard in this area though! :)