This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

Re: Customer wont pay - What should I do?
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 04:14:50 pm »
i get this as well iwas looking to chase them all  no matter what but hey they will know the ins and outs beter than us do u think were the only ones they do this with ,,
i think this is where a contract should be signed at the start when you quote stating the terms and conditions once you have there signiture i think it would be easier to chase them as most of us dont use contracts for  residential  me included do u think it would be worth while doing so i am seriously going to look in to this im sure there was a quote type contract thing on the download page admin help me out please
but when you have 2000 odd exsisting customers that are ok is it fair to ask them now to sign a contract what do u lot think

simon knight

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 04:27:57 pm »
I think that if I asked my customers to sign a contract they'd laugh in my face!

Rob.Hall

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 04:44:54 pm »
I would write a letter including that if payment is not recieved by the next clean date then you will not clean again untill bill is settled.

Regarding contracts. I do them. People comment that It is very profesional and business like.
It gives me the opertunity to tell custys that I am not in the beer brigade.

If I take anyone on or sell then the exact details of what has to be cleaned, and when the clean is, are  documented for them to see. Also included is the price + when an inside clean is due or if the gutters, facia or anything else needs cleaning and when. The custy has a copy and I do. I can then plan my work load accordingly. Custys know where they stand and so do I.

I have picked up a load more work this way.

Davie T

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 05:36:52 pm »
Contact

www.pjcds.co.uk

They will offer you a no collection, no fee service.

They charge a commission if they collect and that is well worth it

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 05:42:59 pm »
Give the girl a break!

How high on the priority list do you think you are when her husband has just left?

Leave a note saying you understand her circumstances have changed, and if she wishes for you to continue to let you know. Put this in with an invoice and see what happens.

If there is no reply, dont call again. More than likely she will reply either cancelling or asking you to continue, but if she dosent pay just write it off.

The last thing she needs now is some aggro from another bloke for £20.

dai

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 05:57:39 pm »
Give the girl a break!

How high on the priority list do you think you are when her husband has just left?

Leave a note saying you understand her circumstances have changed, and if she wishes for you to continue to let you know. Put this in with an invoice and see what happens.

If there is no reply, dont call again. More than likely she will reply either cancelling or asking you to continue, but if she dosent pay just write it off.

Well said William, my thought exactly.

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 06:08:03 pm »
She might be happy to see the back of the old man.

Everyones assuming her husband has left her crying into her tea. She might be the happiest she's ever been.

Id pop along,knock on the door, when she answers jsut say 'Hi, just collecting for the window cleaning'.

Balls in her court, and youve not had to make any assumptions about her marital state, her state of mind or her mental ability to withstand someone wanting payment for services provided.

Its probably a storm in a tea-cup.

Matt

johnny_h

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 06:15:53 pm »
replace her with 2 x £10 jobs you arent the first and wont be the last one she does it to wait till you see another window cleaner doing her windows and warn them she will soon run out  of good decent guys  word soon goes about
AUDI VIDE TACE

RO-Sheen

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 06:26:50 pm »
Give the girl a break!

Give the girl a break?? She has owed me  money since May! I think that is a 'break'. I havent been hasseling her at all, All I have done is when I do her neighbours on a 6 weekly basis I put a polite note through her door reminding her that she owes me money and then followed it up with 2 equally polite emails.
I dont think that is aggro in the slightest.
Because she lives so far from me I cant pop over in the evenings (which I would do to my local customers if they havent had a chance to send the cheque) but I will next Sunday as Im practicly passing her door.

Although I have been very polite I am really quite annoyed that she has just ignored my emails/notes and let me continue to come over to reclean.

Oh, And I've met her husband and he really is a prat so I would be very surprised if she was broken hearted  ;D

Formerly known as GARGAAX

seandyer2003

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 06:28:46 pm »
If she owes you money you are in your right, why should you suffer, knock on one evening, and just ask when she is in, im sure you will get it, or arrange a definite time to go back, ask for a cheque etc

Roger Slater

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 07:40:59 pm »
Yip just write it off, and rotten eggs 6 months later, i think they explode after 7 so be careful.

baldeagle

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 07:54:35 pm »
I don't have many bad'uns, but I always include in my letter, that I will "register the debt on "The National Window Cleaners debt register", and she may then find it difficult to obtain the services of another window cleaner in future"

Yes, I know there isn't, but they don't, and I find it brings a result with about half of them.

If it don't, then walk away, [and warn the other 'cleaners in the area]

Baldeagle
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 08:10:19 pm »
Hi Ady hows you not see you for a while hope all is well

what about this let me know if you want a proper copy email me with your details etc

steve

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 08:18:10 pm »
Give the girl a break!

Give the girl a break?? She has owed me  money since May! I think that is a 'break'. I havent been hasseling her at all, All I have done is when I do her neighbours on a 6 weekly basis I put a polite note through her door reminding her that she owes me money and then followed it up with 2 equally polite emails.
Because she lives so far from me I cant pop over in the evenings (which I would do to my local customers if they havent had a chance to send the cheque) but I will next Sunday as Im practicly passing her door.

Although I have been very polite I am really quite annoyed that she has just ignored my emails/notes and let me continue to come over to reclean.

Oh, And I've met her husband and he really is a prat so I would be very surprised if she was broken hearted  ;D

In future dont bother asking for advice if your going to get upset when it's given.

Tim82

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 08:44:59 pm »
 I found that collections site helpful thanks! I'm using them for my £80, I'll let you know how it goes.

Davie T

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 10:45:28 pm »
If she can afford to run a car, she can affford to pay a debt.    Insurance, car tax, repairs etc are all "up front" payments so these are a priority for her  and you are well down the pecking order.   Hard but true!

pdale

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 10:51:16 pm »
It's only happened to me once. A fiver a few years back, the wife had left the hubby and he said it was her debt.

So i got a bucket of water, put some dirt from the garden in it, mixed it up with some fairy liquid and proceeded to throw it all over his windows.

He never paid me the money but hey i felt good.

Paul
Where am I knocking today?

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 10:59:30 pm »
I don't have many bad'uns, but I always include in my letter, that I will "register the debt on "The National Window Cleaners debt register", and she may then find it difficult to obtain the services of another window cleaner in future"

Yes, I know there isn't, but they don't, and I find it brings a result with about half of them.

If it don't, then walk away, [and warn the other 'cleaners in the area]

Baldeagle
I am guessing the other half are not stupid, personally i WOULD CHANGE THAT SPEECH BEFORE YOU GET IN TROUBLE

RO-Sheen

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 11:12:35 pm »
Hi Ady hows you not see you for a while hope all is well

what about this let me know if you want a proper copy email me with your details etc

steve

Hey Steve
How's it goin? I may ask you for a proper copy. Will see how I get on next Sunday first. Im in Banbury every 4 weeks, always look out for you but you must be busy. Hope all is well.

Give the girl a break!

Give the girl a break?? She has owed me  money since May! I think that is a 'break'. I havent been hasseling her at all, All I have done is when I do her neighbours on a 6 weekly basis I put a polite note through her door reminding her that she owes me money and then followed it up with 2 equally polite emails.

Oh, And I've met her husband and he really is a prat so I would be very surprised if she was broken hearted  ;D

In future dont bother asking for advice if your going to get upset when it's given.

Who's getting upset??????
Formerly known as GARGAAX

tonyoliver

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 11:26:54 pm »
writen it off the next time your in town fill  a bucket with muddy water and throw it over the front door it wont get your money but it sure feels good dont let em f you dont get mad get even one slag and i mean it done me for£670.00 (15 YEARS AGO  A LOT OF MONEY THEN) point blank refused to pay  so when he was out i just got his hose pipe and put it through the letterbox and turned it on i would have paid to see the slags face wheN he got in revenge is best served cold ................................