Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Unger Neoprene Gloves Review
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:07:41 pm »
I just though I would give this one a review: -

...img...

I bought these about a year ago and though they where good but not shaped to your hand very well, but that might just be the firmness of the material.

The material itsself is fairly good, not completly waterproof but does do the job and keep your hands warm

Another less attractive point about these gloves is that they do smell abit and did get a few complaints from the misus about this.

Probably the worst thing is...

the rubber grip pads have came off over time and although when attached does a great job, they never really stood up to the heavy work.

I should say that these are 12 month old and for most point I have used them and they did do a good job.

One other thing is some of the stitching has also came loose around one of the fingers.

out of 10

I would say 4

gerard  ;D

q: has anyone else got these and what do you think and if not what do you use, where did you buy them cost ect...

NWH

Re: Unger Neoprene Gloves Review
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 07:12:29 pm »
The best gloves you will get for WFP is sealskinz ski type gloves,they`ve only been out just about a year or so.The palm part has an abrasive texture and the velcro strap goes up over the wrist.

darragh windows

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 07:22:25 pm »
i had the older unger gloves they were just okay aswell better fit to your hand than what your saying , also smelt had to turn them inside out at the end of the week, but they were still well worth it when you consider they allow you to work in colder conditions that bare hands could not hack
jamie

NWH

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 07:24:42 pm »
All the other gloves ie unger normal sealskinz etc i do about 5-6 shops with them anf my hands are wet through and cold.

j burton

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 07:36:12 pm »
bare hands for me summer or winter ,cos in winter after a couple of houses your hands get used to it ,and actually start to warm up.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 07:52:28 pm »
bare hands for me summer or winter ,cos in winter after a couple of houses your hands get used to it ,and actually start to warm up.
Yeah but do you honestly think that is good for your hands,it`s not.

john tomkins

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 09:01:25 pm »
These are the same as the omnipole (showa) ones I paid £26 for last year.
These cost £13.99 + 3.95 P&P. Free P&P if order over £14.95.....
www.mstore.co.uk/products?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=53&category_id=26

I used them over last winter and admitted they are a touch bulky, but they are still as new, totally waterproof, thermal, and lined so they dont stink.

ps outthere

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 09:12:48 pm »
I used SealSkinz last winter and they kept my hands warm as toast, but they are bulky. I like the look of Showa PVC Gauntlet 460; I will order a pair to try out.

geefree

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 09:26:09 pm »
someone said divers gloves are the best , anyone use them

tacky

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 10:25:59 pm »
when is the last time we had a  COLD winter .any one who has worn gloves to keep hands warm these last 4 yrs . should see a doctor .

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 10:27:38 pm »
page not found on that one gazza!

seandyer2003

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 10:30:28 pm »
when is the last time we had a  COLD winter .any one who has worn gloves to keep hands warm these last 4 yrs . should see a doctor .

I am really good with the cold, i usually work in a tshirt all year round, but i had one or 2 days last winter around xmas where my hands wouldnt move, it was the ladder that did it, as it gets freezing! and as you touch it it just conducts any bit of warm away so i had to wear gloves, the wet doesnt make too much difference i dont find so long as they are warm!

ps outthere

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 10:40:00 pm »
I found a site selling PVC cold resistant thermal gloves for 7.88+vat.

h ttp://www.safetysupplies.co.uk/trolleyed/6/18/index.htm

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 10:53:10 pm »

I did see a doctor because I never wore gloves until I got a sceptic thumb. I managed to get a carbon splinter and dirt in my thumb through cuts which lodged under my thumbnail which I didn't notice until it turned sceptic. As a result I had a very sore thumb and many sleepless nights. Had to take several days off work as I wasn't able to deal with the intense pain and sleep deprivation. Antibiotics cured the problem. However 5 weeks later, I am still having to bandage my thumb daily and keep it dry whilst working as I have no thumbnail until it grows back again. I for one, will be wearing gloves as a result of this unforseen problem from now on as I don't wish to go through this again.