This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dudek

What should i do?
« on: September 14, 2008, 06:46:08 pm »
Well this time next year me and my girlfriend are getting married, and we plan on going travelling for a year straight afterwards.

In the mean time i am training to qualify as an electrician which i hope to complete before marriage.

I am confused with what to do with my round, which i have got to a very decent level and i will hate to sell it, my brother works with me and i just dont think he is capable of looking after things while i  am away but i i dont plan on returning to window cleaning when i come home.

So should i just sell it and use the money as a battlechest for my travels?

Pay someone a good wage to run it while i am away with the view to running it for me when i return?

Try to sell it to my brother?

Or have i missed something?

LWC

Re: What should i do?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 06:55:26 pm »
rent it out your bro or whoever maybe?

but if your never gonna go back to it, then maybe just sell it

just let your brother have first dibs

kris martin

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 06:56:22 pm »
i agree, if your not going back to it then sell it..

jaykie

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 06:56:35 pm »
where are you based

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 06:56:42 pm »
If you dont think your brother is capable of running the business while you are away and you dont want to return to window cleaning.........there are only 2 choices surely............

1 Find someone who you can trust to run the business

2 Sell it!

Dave
You can't polish a turd

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 06:57:37 pm »
ps If the round is down my way ill buy it!!! ;D
You can't polish a turd

j burton

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 07:31:12 pm »
if its my way so will i  :) :) :).

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 08:23:21 pm »
running a window round isnt rocket science,trust your brother

ditto that, if your not going to return to it, give him a chance, especially with him going to continue doing it.

dudek

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 09:45:56 pm »
Thanks for your posts guys.

I'm based in bristol.

I think i will talk to bro and give him the offer of buying it from me first if not i'll advertise for sale in the near future.

Tim82

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 08:50:06 am »
Well this time next year me and my girlfriend are getting married, and we plan on going travelling for a year straight afterwards.

In the mean time i am training to qualify as an electrician which i hope to complete before marriage.

I am confused with what to do with my round, which i have got to a very decent level and i will hate to sell it, my brother works with me and i just dont think he is capable of looking after things while i  am away but i i dont plan on returning to window cleaning when i come home.

Pay someone a good wage to run it while i am away with the view to running it for me when i return?

1) weddings and travelling are expensive = sell it

2) youre training as an electrician = selling it would be a good start

3) you cant trust someone else to run your round, not even a relative, it could just waste away = sell it

4) youre not planning to wc when you come back = sell it

5) paying someone else to run your round rarely works and what happens if they want to quit while youre off travelling? Alot of hassle = sell it

Sounds like you have a lot planned. I would just sell it and get as much as you can out of it now and move on. Selling it to your brother might be a good idea, but make sure you sort a contract with him like anyone else.

Well thats my penny's worth anyway.. hope it helps.

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 08:52:15 am »

3) you cant trust someone else to run your round, not even a relative, it could just waste away = sell it

5) paying someone else to run your round rarely works and what happens if they want to quit while youre off travelling? Alot of hassle = sell it

Sounds like you have a lot planned. I would just sell it and get as much as you can out of it now and move on. Selling it to your brother might be a good idea, but make sure you sort a contract with him like anyone else.

So you think he should sell it then Tim  :-\

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 08:54:18 am »
I think sell it.

But before you decide, why dont you try to think of all the good reasons to NOT sell it.

You might also try to think of the good reasons to sell/keep it; then write them all down in columns on a piece of paper, its all in front of your eyes then and easier to make the all important decision.

Matt

Tim82

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 08:57:22 am »

So you think he should sell it then Tim  :-\

LOL!! seems the most reasonable thing to me, thats prob what id do! would you agree?

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 10:07:58 am »
Depends on what you want to sell it for and what it is worth if sold, if you dont need the money then getting someone to run it has got to be a good option.

If you dont want the hassle then sell up.

dudek

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 12:09:33 pm »
Thanks for opinions on this guys i really appreciate that!

I spoke to my bro today and he is really keen on it.

I need to sort out a price but i dont know where to start with this.

This work is compact.

Very few bad payers.

Very good prices.

Most of round is 7 years old, but i will continue to build until the point of selling.

He also has the benefit of his face fitting immediatley with no questions.

Thanks guys ;D