This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevef

backpack cutting out
« on: September 14, 2008, 03:25:02 pm »
My backpack has started cutting out after a few seconds i can start it again after a few moments, but it cuts out again, any ideas why

Steve

Stevie G

Re: backpack cutting out
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 03:30:01 pm »
battery problem mate.

stevef

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 03:40:04 pm »
Thanks

where is the best place to get a new one from?

Richy L

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 03:49:29 pm »
i got mine from window cleaning warehouse. I had the same problem as you. now mine works fine

stevef

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 03:52:39 pm »
Well done lads i will get one now!

Steve

dmlservices

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 04:05:06 pm »
also check battery is charging right , the supplied charger is crap.

daz

Pittmonkey

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 04:17:04 pm »
I wouldn't be to sure it's the battery, mine and a few others I've fixed ended up being the PCB Switch. If you switch on and the red light starts to flash after about 5 sec and you know your battery is charged then it will point to the PCB being damaged (probably due to getting wet) You can replace the PCB but I bypass this now and have a simple on/off switch wired to the pump.

You only have the one setting doing this but only cost me £6 for the parts from maplins. If you dont wear the BP and use it on the floor this method makes life easier. Jeff1 also did a tutorial on how to do this but included the PCB switch in his extension. I'm sure he will post the link if he See's this.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Jack Avery

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 05:09:14 pm »
I had that problem a few weeks ago. I charged the battery with Halfords trickle charger and its fine.

tomy jackson

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 06:36:04 pm »
my window cleaning werhouse it wos swich

LWC

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 07:04:14 pm »
ive had the battery and the switch go

does the light flash red underneath when it turns off?

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 07:27:05 pm »
I wouldn't be to sure it's the battery, mine and a few others I've fixed ended up being the PCB Switch. If you switch on and the red light starts to flash after about 5 sec and you know your battery is charged then it will point to the PCB being damaged (probably due to getting wet) You can replace the PCB but I bypass this now and have a simple on/off switch wired to the pump.

You only have the one setting doing this but only cost me £6 for the parts from maplins. If you dont wear the BP and use it on the floor this method makes life easier. Jeff1 also did a tutorial on how to do this but included the PCB switch in his extension. I'm sure he will post the link if he See's this.

Wayne
I still have the tutorial but it was written in Microsoft word, if anyone wants it I'll have to email it to you.

Before you add any switches to your backpack and your sure the battery is fine, disconnect the wiring to the battery and wipe dry all the connectors, I had the same problem a couple of times and I knew my battery was fine, I wiped all the connectors and it run fine.

Roger Slater

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 07:28:38 pm »
ive had the battery and the switch go

does the light flash red underneath when it turns off?

Definatley PCB wet i have two shurflo backpacks, and both did the same thing to me when i did a commercial job in the rain mounted on trolleys. When i took the battery out it was very wet and so was the pcb. I left up against a radiator for a few days and all is fine now.