Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trike

pay another window cleaner
« on: September 14, 2008, 03:08:01 pm »
i know you can do your own,but do anyone pay another window cleaner to clean there windows if he does were you live.i did but wife was ill while i was looking after her,i was in all the time window cleaner came,i opened back ect,but never went out.anyway three times he only done fronts,when he called,i ask did you do backs knowing only fronts were done on three occasions,i paid him next time told him were to go,ripping me off,it must have been the lad,i was you all the time,you are taking my money and not doing job well do my own now anyway rant over

Re: pay another window cleaner
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 03:29:18 pm »
I have heard this from customers loads of times and cant believe anyone would try to con there customers like that. However I have at times only did the front, if the customer wasn't in and I couldn't get access to the back. However I do only charge them for the work done, or come back when they are in, finnish the job then collect payment.

I guess this is something some kid might try if you brought someone else on as an employee. Unfortunately everyone doesn't value good ethics and biulding a good repuation as much as other, and its exactly this behaviour that makes our job even harder conviencing potential customers, that you are not going to let them down and are in anyway are comparison to there last window cleaner.

there you go there's my rant too

gerard  ;D

seandyer2003

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 03:34:03 pm »
I have heard this from customers loads of times and cant believe anyone would try to con there customers like that. However I have at times only did the front, if the customer wasn't in and I couldn't get access to the back. However I do only charge them for the work done, or come back when they are in, finnish the job then collect payment.

I guess this is something some kid might try if you brought someone else on as an employee. Unfortunately everyone doesn't value good ethics and biulding a good repuation as much as other, and its exactly this behaviour that makes our job even harder conviencing potential customers, that you are not going to let them down and are in anyway are comparison to there last window cleaner.

gerard  ;D

I took over a round once from a guy who was scared of heights, he was working for someone, else but was absolutely petrified of going a ladder so he didnt do ups when the house was empty!! It took awhile to get customers to trust you on there!!

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 03:42:13 pm »

gerard  ;D

I took over a round once from a guy who was scared of heights, he was working for someone, else but was absolutely petrified of going a ladder so he didnt do ups when the house was empty!! It took awhile to get customers to trust you on there!!

stories like that give new meaning to the often heard phrase from people, "Its really hard to find a good window cleaner".

gerard  :)

kris martin

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 03:46:28 pm »
i have  somebody do mine for me because my other half got tired of asking me to do them so asked someone else...    there good lads and i often have a good old chin wag with them, i think they have had me over a couple of times though... so the wife says..

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 03:49:25 pm »
 :D hee hheeee heeeee

I dont get nagged that much, but it a good idea to see the kind of service that your competitors are given customers.

gerard  :)

seandyer2003

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 03:53:26 pm »
theres a guy on my road does windows but he turns up when he wants, and doesnt do a good job, i do my neighbourd for him but im just as unreliable as can never be bothered when im home, but he doesnt trust the other lad....Goes to show how many bad wc's there are, i always am baffled that the chap who does the round near me always wears denim jeans and denim jacket :) how do you work in that???

kris martin

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 03:54:30 pm »
i have never really noticed a bad job done, but the boss tells me from time to time his staff are not doing a very good job all the time..   i want to start doing my own so i can keep an eye on the job im doing on my own house wfp... see my results if ya like.. dont like to get rid of them though...

kris martin

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 03:55:36 pm »
i dont like wearing jeans full stop never mind at work...

seandyer2003

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 03:57:50 pm »
I know...mad innit, surely youd start a fire in your crotch with the friction as you go up and down ladder  ;D ;D ;D

kris martin

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 04:01:43 pm »
there sound lads, the wife did she stuck a note on the front door saying services no longer required because were moving which we were but i put moving off for a few months whilst dog had pups and we decorated the other house so i got chatting to him again and one thing led to another and he is doing them again

seandyer2003

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 04:03:11 pm »
Well i let you make your own mind up  ;D No i like jeans when im not cleaning but couldnt work in them no way couldnt move quick enough. I used to wear tracksuit bottoms with waterproofs over but started wearing work pants like what joiners etc wear, as they look a bit better, but still wear waterproofs too must of time..

glen parva

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 04:12:58 pm »
i get a another window cleaner in he is  cheaper than me
he does odd  custys windows for me when im bussy eleswhere

maybe im lazy but it works for me
john
glen parva cleaning services leicester

kris martin

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 04:16:12 pm »
my window cleaner charges me £3.50 every fortnight....

It's not being lazy mate it's just you have had enough by the time you get home...

seandyer2003

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 04:17:53 pm »
£3.50...what size is your house kris??

kris martin

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 04:20:20 pm »
3 windows and door on the front and same on the back...

seandyer2003

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 04:24:16 pm »
3 windows and door on the front and same on the back...

that cheap then eh!

kris martin

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 04:29:46 pm »
he charges next door but one £3.00, it is cheap but i think it generally reflects what WC charge where i live based on the people i know who have window cleaners...

my wifes mum pays £2.70 (wfp)

seandyer2003

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 04:34:39 pm »
he charges next door but one £3.00, it is cheap but i think it generally reflects what WC charge where i live based on the people i know who have window cleaners...

Your in manchester arent you kris, because thats where i am, but my prices are more than that!

kris martin

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 04:38:37 pm »

Your in manchester arent you kris, because thats where i am, but my prices are more than that!
nah mate i'm from manchester and have the majority of my work there but i live in west yorkshire... (out in the sticks the quite life)