This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

hot water idea?
« on: September 12, 2008, 11:02:52 pm »

WCE

Re: hot water idea?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:15:21 pm »
My first question, what about the coolant?
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

LWC

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:19:43 pm »
My first question, what about the coolant?

yes, but i cant see how that would be running around it, your hardly gonna shower in anti freeze are ya, i dont understand how it works

LWC

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 11:46:31 pm »

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 03:29:07 am »
The trouble with them ideas is that you need to have a warm radiator before you can even think about obtaining hot water. Then ideally for wfp use, you would need a calorifier tank to store the heated water. Finally, you need to lag the hose running from the radiator to the calorifier to maximise the benefits of using a calorifier tank as the hose would be mounted underneath the van's flooring.
You also need to make sure the calorifier tank you use has a high pressure relief valve (the higher the pressure, the more expensive they cost) and most importantly, use a water fed pole pump (which will be circulating the water through the calorifier tank) at a slightly lower pressure than the pressure release valve otherwise you will either have all your water dump out of your calorifier or worse, ruin your calorifier tank.
I've done it successfully and it works very well. It's not as straightforward and simple as the adverts make out unfortunately. I'm fortunate as I have both a calorifier system and an on demand heater as well. Best of both worlds.
In principle it's the cheapest way of producing cheap hot water as it's the basic idea behind showers used on camper vans, etc.
The most expensive costs using this method is the actual cost of a decent calorifier tank & pressure relief valve initially.

edd

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 10:20:22 pm »
wayne lets see some pics mate