This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Re: Do you think she is lying?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 07:48:24 am »
Did she do it like this?

Dave Turley

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 07:59:16 am »
she's lying through her teeth, bin her and move on

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 08:46:07 am »
ive got a customer whos just had a new drive and patio laid i cleaned the windows on monday the previous month i left them due to the work taking place i could see the windows were getting covered with dirt ,dust & cement . When i went on monday the windows were really clean and i asked the woman if she had cleaned the windows herself "no the contractors did them with a JETWASH " i for 1 couldnt belive it but after seeing the state of the windows from the previous month how can i say they havent been done with a jet wash and the customer who ive cleaned for for over 6 years assures me they were done with a jet wash and not a mark or spot in sight .
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 08:52:56 am »
Did she do it like this?

Does the cowboy hat bear any relevance ?

???

Tim82

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 10:25:50 am »
collected a customer tonight who loved the wfp as she works in A&E and has seen poeple who have fell so said anything that saves you climbing is good for me...

anyway collected it tonight and she said "im not impressed with your new system"
so i said "i thought you were all for it"
"not any more" she said
why,       oh its leaving like smears that comes down in levels   (never heared that one before maybe spots)

so i looked up at the windows and they were absolutely gleeming not a mark on them, these windows are done every 2 weeks and i know there spotless..
i said there spotless
she said i done them myself yesterday ...
she said she used a jetwash to clean them from the ground...

what do you think do you think a jetwash could clean windows from the ground with a spotless finish using normal tap water...

No way! not even if she had pure water on tap I don't think

Tim82

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 10:28:15 am »
Did she do it like this?

What method are you using there? no brush? ??? Is that a power washer or wfp?

ronnie paton

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 10:30:27 am »
why clean every 2 weeks with reac ad wash??? no need two sometimes after 4 weeks they still look clean, out of intrested what do you charge her?

kris martin

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 10:51:45 am »
why clean every 2 weeks with reac ad wash??? no need two sometimes after 4 weeks they still look clean, out of intrested what do you charge her?
£4.50 front only, 3 windows and door

and why tell the woman your windows will stay clean longer so ill do them monthly, i dont think so would you???

Tim82

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 11:14:46 am »

If theyre still clean, to keep on top of it every 2 weeks you'll only need to do a quick job!

kris martin

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 11:17:19 am »

If theyre still clean, to keep on top of it every 2 weeks you'll only need to do a quick job!
i know its too easy every 2 weeks....   who out of you all would tell customers to go monthly because there windows will stay cleaner longer

ronnie paton

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 11:26:58 am »
i did and up my prices, had the odd complain adn lost a few but gained more back in the long run, i actually doubled my price risky i know but i gambled to be fair you have to gamble to be in business.
explain there not paying any more  ayear but there getting better quality, but to be honist you should of done thid from the start may be a little hard ow you have changed over to try this.

kris martin

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 11:31:00 am »
you would have to increase your prices by 100% to carry on getting the wage your acustom too, thats £9 for this ladies front from £4.50, alright granted you will have more time on your hands but like people say fortnightly work is too easy..

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2008, 01:12:19 pm »
Where I live it would not be possible to clean windows with a jet wash and tap water, the tds is around 400.  But whats the tds where you live, also if the tds is fairly low and if the impurities are made up by dirt that won't stick to the windows then it might just be possible that she has cleaned the windows with a jet wash, very unlikely, but not impossible.

Did she say she cleaned them and then not pay you the money, obviously if she is telling the truth then you could understand she might be slightly cheesed off, however most of my experiences of people doing this kind of thing are that they're trying to pull a fast one.

Seeing as it looks like a reasonable earner, it might be worth giving her another chance and then you might be able to quote the famous words of president Bush, "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Simon.

ronnie paton

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2008, 05:59:25 pm »
kris  i just feel your leaving your self open most WFP do 4 weekly mimimum so if they were to canvass on a arae you work and tell them the windows stay cleaning for longer so there is no need to do then less than 4 weeks customers will feel you have been ripping them off getting you a bad rep........but its your business.

granted £9 seems very expensive fro a front but the extra time you get will help your business be more profitable, im proof doubling your prices when going WFP can work!!!

ftp

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 06:48:02 pm »
Triggerhappy guy with the cowboy hat isn't me by the way. He's local and cleaned my old print firm like this. I never saw the results so don't know how they turned out. Apparently he charged loads of money for the job. I cleaned the windows recently and they leaked so i'd imagine the receptionist would have been swimming around her desk after that lot.

kris martin

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 09:35:54 am »
kris  i just feel your leaving your self open most WFP do 4 weekly mimimum so if they were to canvass on a arae you work and tell them the windows stay cleaning for longer so there is no need to do then less than 4 weeks customers will feel you have been ripping them off getting you a bad rep........but its your business.

granted £9 seems very expensive fro a front but the extra time you get will help your business be more profitable, im proof doubling your prices when going WFP can work!!!
im not ripping people off im making sure 66% of my customers have clean windows 100% of the time and i dont think these customers which i have had for 10years+ are going to listen to any window coming to canvass work they have tried it before (many times) and never succeeded, not once have i lost custom to another cleaner and i think over time if the customer notices there windows are cleaner longer and there paying the same price i think they will be happier if there not there more than welcome to go monthly..   I work 3 days and a couple of hours and already have a VERY profitable business with nearly 2 week days to expand so finding more time is not really a necessity..

come on admit it you wish most of your custys were fortnightly... ;)

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 09:55:36 am »
I have shops that are weekly, but I dont think any of my residencial custies would want 2 weekly, however have done it with a couple but they requested it and I actually tried to talk them out of it, just though is was a little to frequent and would be fine month.

But I guess it all comes down to, how dirty you want to let them get before you clean them.

Also if your average customers is say £10. thats £260 if count it as 26 cleans a year. Credit crunch in all, you might see them going monthly soon.

ronnie paton

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 09:58:53 am »
kris  i just feel your leaving your self open most WFP do 4 weekly mimimum so if they were to canvass on a arae you work and tell them the windows stay cleaning for longer so there is no need to do then less than 4 weeks customers will feel you have been ripping them off getting you a bad rep........but its your business.

im not ripping people off im making sure 66% of my customers have clean windows 100% of the time and i dont think these customers which i have had for 10years+ are going to listen to any window coming to canvass work they have tried it before (many times) and never succeeded, not once have i lost custom to another cleaner and i think over time if the customer notices there windows are cleaner longer and there paying the same price i think they will be happier if there not there more than welcome to go monthly.. I work 3 days and a couple of hours and already have a VERY profitable business with nearly 2 week days to expand so finding more time is not really a necessity..

come on admit it you wish most of your custys were fortnightly... ;)

Kris not getting into an arguement but i would never want it to be 2 weekly my prices reflect it being monthly like iv alraedy said, you have never lost a customer from some one canvassing .......now come on be real.

you can be the nicest and best window cleaner in the world but some one can come along be cheaper and thats it they will move on not all customers that would do this but there are still never the less customers that do.

if my windows are still clean after 4 weeks your not really cleaning windows after 2 cause they will already be cleaned so yes this is a rip off just as bad has collecting when you havent cleaned.....just my opinion no offence.

kris martin

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 10:14:51 am »
bottom line your calling me a con man so really it is starting an argument, windows in manchester do not stay clean for 4 weeks and most of my fortnightly's have some dirt on them, and no in over 10 years i have never ever ever lost even one customer to anoter window cleaner, it has never happened and that is with a huge customer base so i feel my customers are extremely happy with the service i give but occasionaly you get one (THE ORIGINOL TOPIC) that likes to have a winge.. and why it got a little up your nose that my work is 2 weekly i dont know

by the way my WC comes fortnightly, my mother in laws WC comes fortnightly (WFP) and my mums WC comes fortnighly... mmmm

ronnie paton

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 10:35:11 am »
mmmmmmm.....i live in manchester and my customer base is 4 weekly so i must have an even bigger customer base. ;)
i live in manchester and i know they stay clean for longer WFP and this is a selling point by the distrubuters.
Hey look lets agree to disagree.have a good day