This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kris martin

Do you think she is lying?
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:57:15 pm »
collected a customer tonight who loved the wfp as she works in A&E and has seen poeple who have fell so said anything that saves you climbing is good for me...

anyway collected it tonight and she said "im not impressed with your new system"
so i said "i thought you were all for it"
"not any more" she said
why,       oh its leaving like smears that comes down in levels   (never heared that one before maybe spots)

so i looked up at the windows and they were absolutely gleeming not a mark on them, these windows are done every 2 weeks and i know there spotless..
i said there spotless
she said i done them myself yesterday ...
she said she used a jetwash to clean them from the ground...

what do you think do you think a jetwash could clean windows from the ground with a spotless finish using normal tap water...

L.J.Thorpe

Re: Do you think she is lying?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:00:13 pm »
does that really need an answer ???

NWH

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:01:02 pm »
Leaving smears at different levels,this has happened to me before now but i saw it before i left.Are they brown putty window`s,it can happen with these because they have linseed oil in the putty and when it dries it looks like dried waves on the glass.

kris martin

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:01:40 pm »
well i dont know ive never tried it but she was adement she had done it.....   i might sound numb but she made me think...

NWH

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 09:01:48 pm »
Don`t ask me how but isopropanol helps with this.

kris martin

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 09:02:31 pm »
Leaving smears at different levels,this has happened to me before now but i saw it before i left.Are they brown putty window`s,it can happen with these because they have linseed oil in the putty and when it dries it looks like dried waves on the glass.
upvc in very good condition and like i said cleaned very regular

jaykie

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 09:03:50 pm »

you should of asked for a demonstration

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 09:05:40 pm »

you should of asked for a demonstration
;D ;D ;D and then filmed it for you tube

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 09:06:21 pm »
dont know about the waves, but she definately didn't jet wash them without leaving a mark, and also if it happened with pure water, it will surely happen with tap water. Ergo there was no marks.

I had a customer like that before, telling me things that just didn't add up. Just drop them, and get a customer that isn't going to cause you any hassell.

gerard  8)

kris martin

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 09:06:26 pm »
im thinking she was just moaning, im gonna go back round and ask her if she would rather clean her own windows with a finish like that (with a jet wash), why pay me if she can do a job like that...  she might think she is loosing a wc considering there isnt another wc in the area and hasnt been for 6 years..

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 09:10:26 pm »

Agree with you and also the same on natural preserved (tanalised ?) wooden frames on outbuildings

trevor perry

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 09:17:54 pm »

what do you think do you think a jetwash could clean windows from the ground with a spotless finish using normal tap water...

it may be true depends what the tds of the water was, i did a commercial job with aluminium frames it hadnt been touched for years and was absolutely full of cobwebs i thought to make the job easier i would powerwash it first using a long extending lance 22 ft and then do a final quick scrub and rinse with wfp , when i got all the way round the building with the washer and then got the wfp ready to start work i couldnt believe it they had dried perfect and didnt need wfpoling i even went inside to check close up, the tap tds was 49
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

steve bell

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 09:34:30 pm »
Hmmm.... very suspicious. I've been using the wfp for a bit now and after doing some soffits with my long bendy thing (as some customers would like to call them) I found that even that left streaks and stuff. Nothing a good wash out of the brush didn't solve, but frustrating as to have to do the job again.
Have found that pure water with a tds of >10ppm can leave marks so tap water with around 46ppm would probably leave some residue unless the windows were clean to start with. Hey I'm guessing here, not knocking it if you can do it.
I've been collecting rain water in an IBC then feeding it through my RO and DI. Theory being less going in means longer filter life. Been working so far.
Jet wash on tap water.... Jury out on that one.
As for wavey lines??? Does she live near a chippy exhaust flue? Had windows open when using excessive amounts of hairspray? Live next to a power station?

I blame aliens!
Steve Bell,
SB Cleaning.

(also; HIP & EPC provider but with this climate.....)

johnny_h

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 10:31:03 pm »
yes shes lieing to you a jet wash using tap water will leave all sorts of marks on the windows just simply walk away dont fret about her or go back
AUDI VIDE TACE

trike

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 10:31:55 pm »
yes she is a big liar

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 10:41:47 pm »
Hmmm.... very suspicious. I've been using the wfp for a bit now and after doing some soffits with my long bendy thing (as some customers would like to call them) I found that even that left streaks and stuff. Nothing a good wash out of the brush didn't solve, but frustrating as to have to do the job again.
Have found that pure water with a tds of >10ppm can leave marks so tap water with around 46ppm would probably leave some residue unless the windows were clean to start with. Hey I'm guessing here, not knocking it if you can do it.
I've been collecting rain water in an IBC then feeding it through my RO and DI. Theory being less going in means longer filter life. Been working so far.
Jet wash on tap water.... Jury out on that one.
As for wavey lines??? Does she live near a chippy exhaust flue? Had windows open when using excessive amounts of hairspray? Live next to a power station?

I blame aliens!

pure water is 000, 010 is not pure some can get away without spotting but if anyone reading this starting out do not fall into anything over 000 as it is not pure, keep it pure you cant blame the water only operator error

kris martin

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 10:43:41 pm »
my water is always 000 thats all im ever going to use...

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:54 pm »
my water is always 000 thats all im ever going to use...
good on you, it is as it should be, as you advertise pure and you are doing right  ;)  ;D

gsw

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 07:05:18 am »
you mean all i had to do was buy a Karcher!!!!!!

pingu

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 07:25:01 am »
I think that this ladies pants are on fire....

Jetwash...yes you should have asked to see a demo....hey I reckon you could have sold tickets for the show...

Cheers
Dave.