Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

Re: Who has been pricing these jobs up
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 09:30:06 pm »
nice part of the world that :)

Tim82

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 11:51:05 pm »
Yes it would but I've had this discussion before on here. The price divide between north and south is unbelievable! Theres no way I would move up north with those prices - sounds like to much hard work!

Im up north and my prices are much better than that. I think it's just the old fogeys with their pram frames and scrims.

Tim82

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 11:52:38 pm »
that cheltenham house
£6 at most
how do you know which house it was?!?!?  :o

Tim82

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 12:02:01 am »
PS...........

john tomkins

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 10:32:13 am »
Some more additions from MSE........

Wow, mine feels pricey now. £7.50 for a 3 bed - 14 windows. In Hertfordshire.

I stopped my window cleaner as he wanted £10  last time for 9 windows and a glazed front door on my 3-bed semi in Bedfordshire. My younger neighbour paid £6. Why do some people seem to think that because you're a bit older than them you're stupid and they can rip you off

I didn't ask for the quote but came home one day to a card through the letterbox about 18 months ago...Offering to clean our windows once every 4 weeks for £15 (now we are slightly out of the way and do have some big windows). In all honesty I was gobsmacked... our last place was a 4 bed which cost £4 every 2 weeks.

This is the Money saving expert site though, so if there are cheap W/C about, then they are gonna find them :o

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 10:44:23 am »
If they get a window-cleaner for those prices what are the chances of him hanging around though. The others say they are paying whatever they are, but they havent said for how long.

Everyone on here I guess is assuming these window cleaners are regular, reliable, insured, and produce recommendable work.

Perhaps those people on the money-saving web-site get their windows cleaned by the beer money brigade.

jaykie

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 10:44:32 am »
im going to post a reply what shall i say any ideas

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 10:54:56 am »
take that 9 window job

I would be about £10, but at £6 and doing one every 30mins, plus travel say 40 mins, I would only clear about 9/10 per hour, and I would have to pay holidays, sick days, petrol, licencing, mots, road tax, wear of equipement, consumables like liquid, cost of flyers etc... from that £3 if I took £6 per hour.

I would be too tight financially and would end up eating into my hourly rate puting me below the MWage.

no thanks

Dean Taberner

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 10:57:53 am »
take that 9 window job

I would be about £10, but at £6 and doing one every 30mins, plus travel say 40 mins, I would only clear about 9/10 per hour, and I would have to pay holidays, sick days, petrol, licencing, mots, road tax, wear of equipement, consumables like liquid, cost of flyers etc... from that £3 if I took £6 per hour.

I would be too tight financially and would end up eating into my hourly rate puting me below the MWage.

no thanks

Same here mate. No thanks, :-\
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

jaykie

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 11:00:59 am »
ive posted reply

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2008, 11:06:21 am »
Now youve done it Chris, those Womens Institute coffee mornings will never be the same again  :D

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2008, 11:14:07 am »
nice one jaykie, I would still like to get the name of the guy who is doing three windows for a pound, and what method do they use.

Hit each one with a water balloon, job done!

lol

gerard  :D

jaykie

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2008, 11:25:38 am »
think cleaners will come out the wood work now and post

jaykie

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2008, 11:58:52 am »

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 12:22:42 pm »
I have given a reply on there as well now, that checky git, I qoute 'its window cleaning, not rocket science'.

Maybe I should ask him to explain reverse osmosis, what a fool.

Tim82

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008, 02:11:33 pm »
nice one jaykie, I would still like to get the name of the guy who is doing three windows for a pound, and what method do they use.

Hit each one with a water balloon, job done!

lol

Now theres an idea!!! pure water in balloons!

Mike_G

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »
Funnily enough my mums cleaner is crap!! she would be interested, i live in Leeds so its a bit far for me to go!!

Hope it's not me ;D

MJH

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 04:24:14 pm »
Funnily enough my mums cleaner is crap!! she would be interested, i live in Leeds so its a bit far for me to go!!

Hope it's not me ;D

And me, are you of largish build ;D ;)

Rob.Hall

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2008, 05:04:40 pm »
If anyone is in Edinborough you had best look at the above site coz the guy is now looking for someone with insurance. His previous w/c has let him down twice.

Jake, sounds like some of those guys are disrespectors of people.' The lowest price at any human cost'!

Some good replys defending you though.

jaykie

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2008, 05:33:37 pm »
ive been out since i replied to that post but thanks to the guys who added to it aswel, how funny, would anyone be willing to do that job in Edinborough.

Chris