Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Have you ever, been warned or warned another window cleaner off an area?

Been warned off an area
Warned someone off my area
both, been and warned off area's
never had any problems myself, but have heard of someone who has
never had any problems that way

Tim82

Re: window cleaner wars!
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 05:51:21 pm »
We used to get warned off and threatened all the time by the old window cleaners. I'm talking about 35 years ago, but thats how it was then and we were a pair of 18 year old Saturday part timers.
The old window cleaners were a lot tougher, all old soldiers etc.

In the centre of Harrow all the shops were done by a couple of infamous Irish families and if you crossed them you would get done over.

This may sound silly but coming from a northerner, what  does "done over" mean exactly? ???

i think its like a make over, maybe they tickled them with the applicator? ;D ;D

LOL

Tim82

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 05:52:42 pm »
I know what I think it means.

I once seen 4 cars pull and about 4 times as many people jump and go for a couple of guys sitting about, needless to say they all ran like fk. Unfortunately one got caught and it wasn't pretty.

He was taken away in an amulance, and his face looked like a scene from a slaughter house. I think it was over drugs or something.

This was a good few years ago maybe as much as 8, so I must have been about 15/16.

Well I guess thats done over.

:-\

Ok, I got the picture.

s.w.c

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 08:01:28 pm »
different phrases for different areas around here we call that being served up, or some would say its a gypsy warning.

Londoner

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2008, 07:29:31 am »
Sorry I didn't realise I was using a local expression.

Done over means, given a beating, put in hospital etc.

Us cockneys thinks that everyone speaks likes wot we doz.

Tim82

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 07:39:28 am »
It's alright Rodders!

seandyer2003

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 08:31:47 am »
It s them irish families!  ;D Theres a few round my way in manchester who think they own everything, now WC mind thankfully but pubs, security firms(thats a laugh) and that kind of thing, luckily i know a few very well but still woudnt get on wrong side of them , theyve all been champion boxers etc

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 04:16:33 pm »
got threatened to get my throat slit once was the last warning that guy dished out  ;)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 07:47:20 pm »
Marcus

Customer testimonials

Mrs Bently said "A truly professional job from start to finish" (Brush)

"I never realised just how dirty my window frames were until you cleaned them" Said Miss Roman (RO unit)

"Wow thats amazing" responded Mr Gardiner (suppliers)

Marcus they are some seriously dubious customer names on your website ;D

Rob ;D ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 07:58:41 pm »
got threatened to get my throat slit once was the last warning that guy dished out  ;)

I'd never let it go to that, I dont mind a scap if someone back me in a corner, and wont listen to any threats or orders, but what people who behave like that dont realise, is if it becomes acceptable behaviour as I believe it once was in this industry, no window cleaner is safe, because there is always someone bigger than them. They will have to watch there back as well. So whats the point?

gerard

because there thick.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2008, 08:09:21 pm »
I've just lost two stone. I'm only 20 stone now!!

I worked on the doors for 3 or 4 years and have seen some big fights and seen bigger people knocked to the ground by much smaller men.

I have far too much respect for peoples stupidity to think that they give a toss how big someone is. You will never beat a piece of wood round the back of your head, a knife in the stomach or a gun.

If people are prepared to kill someone for looking the wrong way then the wrong person protecting their 'patch' may just be your worst nightmare.

Rob ;D

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2008, 11:40:01 pm »
Marcus

Customer testimonials

Mrs Bently said "A truly professional job from start to finish" (Brush)

"I never realised just how dirty my window frames were until you cleaned them" Said Miss Roman (RO unit)

"Wow thats amazing" responded Mr Gardiner (suppliers)

Marcus they are some seriously dubious customer names on your website ;D

Rob ;D ;D

lol Love it!

Thats got to be the best Customer testimonial names I have seen to date   ::) ;D :-X

Didnt see Sue  perl - ite om there though  :(

Tim82

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 11:34:15 am »
Is there a Mr. W. F. Pole on there too?