This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tolzy82

Driveway and patio cleaning!
« on: September 12, 2008, 10:03:54 am »
Thinking of in investing and going into driveway and patio cleaning aswell as my window cleaning.
Could anyone reccomend a driveway and patio cleaner?
Thanks

tomy jackson

Re: Driveway and patio cleaning!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:20:05 am »
thers one in machen mart £528 , 13 hp 18 ltm it in new cat it not on ther web yet

niceandclean

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:45:35 am »
Bought all my gear from Merrill Fox in the U.S.
Got honda machine, wand, lots of different tips including turbo tip, flat surface cleaner, hose, bin feed kit ect ect. All delivered to me for £1800.00 including VAT Customs charges.

tolzy82

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 10:37:26 am »
cheers!

tomy jackson

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 06:12:04 pm »
the one in machen mart is a honda 13 hp

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 09:11:37 pm »
You can hire these machines from most hire centres.

I would suggest that you hire one first, do a few jobs and then you'll see if you really want to do it.

I did that and I'm really glad. After a week of power washing, I'd had enough. I'm so relieved that I didn't invest the money in what appeared to be a good idea but was actually work that I didn't like.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 09:20:16 pm »
No offence intended but if I gave up the first day I tryied to clean windows with a squeegee, I would be doing the job I love so much today. Maybe you should have given it a bit more of a chance Wally the Window Washer.

gerard  :)

good luck tolzy82 hope everything goes ok

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 06:49:43 am »
The other question is can you get enough work? I know of someone who started up doing pressure washing and struggled to keep going. Every job is a one off.

karygate

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 07:20:19 am »
we started doing it as an add on in april. we only do driveways and slabs and tend to get the smaller jobs because our mimimum charge is a lot less than others . we do them when we expect a bad day for window cleaning. we bought a 13hp but it is not honda to start us up. we have already made our start up back ,perhaps twice as much. we do approximately 1 to 2 jobs a week but it all helps and it releives the boredom because its different. we have never advertised ,only work by word of mouth but its getting better. same as everything else. quality is the best advert going.  hope this helps
gary

Dave Turley

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 12:55:35 pm »
i've thought about this as well.

it would surely be easier to teach an employee to do this rather than how to do a good job with wfp on all the different windows we encounter?

after the first year I reckon you'd get good repeat business.

I think the misus could pack in work and go leafleting?

Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 01:08:09 pm »
we started doing it as an add on in april. we only do driveways and slabs and tend to get the smaller jobs because our mimimum charge is a lot less than others . we do them when we expect a bad day for window cleaning. we bought a 13hp but it is not honda to start us up. we have already made our start up back ,perhaps twice as much. we do approximately 1 to 2 jobs a week but it all helps and it releives the boredom because its different. we have never advertised ,only work by word of mouth but its getting better. same as everything else. quality is the best advert going.  hope this helps
what would be  the charge per sq mtr and minimum charge? 8) Syd

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 01:27:16 pm »

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 10:40:58 pm »
No offence intended but if I gave up the first day I tryied to clean windows with a squeegee, I would be doing the job I love so much today. Maybe you should have given it a bit more of a chance Wally the Window Washer.

gerard  :)

good luck tolzy82 hope everything goes ok

OK I can take your point - and do so without taking offence. However, after a whole week, I found that it really doesn't appeal to me, so why should I want to do it? And I reckon that a week is quite enough.

If other people want to do it, that's fine. It's not for me.

As you note, it's still on my web site. If people ask me, I'll put in a quotation with a good-for-me price. If I get it, fine. If I don't get it, that's fine too.

seandyer2003

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 10:49:11 pm »
thats what i do with work i dont like put a daft price in, surprising how you start to like a job if you getting good money for it :)

geefree

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 11:02:51 pm »
i started pressure washing , before window cleaning... and it would never be full time or , nor would i get any work after sept , but i kept my full time job for a while and did pressure washing around it.... and in the end it was every saturday through the summer.... nothing in winter.

but then i didnt market it full time either as i was busy with my day job , so to speak...

but it can be a good earner as an add on to your current business.

thats just my view. ;)