Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johns window kleen

Advice Please
« on: September 11, 2008, 07:44:38 pm »
Any one able to advise on this problem i've got with my RO.
I didnt flush for 8 weeks {stupidity on my part) out read 137ppm, on flushing for 2 hours it went down to 7 ppm, changed resin in DI and got down to 5ppm. Came home tonight and the out read 137ppm again.
Flushed again got to 5ppm, so will come down to 2 or 3 through Di for tonights fill up. But have I messed up my membranes by not flushing for such a ing period?
Any one else done this?

Re: Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 08:15:44 pm »
Any one able to advise on this problem i've got with my RO.
I didnt flush for 8 weeks {stupidity on my part) out read 137ppm, on flushing for 2 hours it went down to 7 ppm, changed resin in DI and got down to 5ppm. Came home tonight and the out read 137ppm again.
Flushed again got to 5ppm, so will come down to 2 or 3 through Di for tonights fill up. But have I messed up my membranes by not flushing for such a ing period?
Any one else done this?
What RO do you have and is it static or van mount ??

gsw

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:25:57 pm »
how long are you letting the out water run before you test with tds meter???

it will be a high reading to start with until the membranes are working and the tds will come down to a static level

mine  (4040) starts high but after about 2- 3 minutes its down to about 9 (water in is about 360)

and why is your resin not turning 7ppm down to 0ppm if its only going from 7ppm down to 5ppm the resin needs replacing

hope this helps

geefree

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 09:49:47 pm »
change your filters .... i had the same problem.. sorted now.

geefree

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 09:53:31 pm »
mine is a ro-man 300 gpd.

sometimes my water is well over 100.. other times is below.  but even if my water imput reads 150.... my ro will still get it down to 000... without di vessel.

sounds like filters .. more so if its really slowed to a trickle.

seandyer2003

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 10:26:50 pm »
I have a trailer with ro mounted and havent used it for a few weeks....i dont know ow to flush it, do you just fill it and wait for water to come out 000 or is there a proper method??? Sorry its a simple question but never thought of it before?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:53:40 pm »
I have a trailer with ro mounted and havent used it for a few weeks....i dont know ow to flush it, do you just fill it and wait for water to come out 000 or is there a proper method??? Sorry its a simple question but never thought of it before?

On the waste outlet there should be a flush valve fitted.  Simply turn this full open and allow to flush for 5-10 minutes.

johns window kleen

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 08:09:10 am »
Sorry had to get off computer last night b4 I got any replies, {as priority was 4 daughter to talk rubbish to her mates on Bebo}.
Mine is a static 300 GPD Roman system, with a flush valve and  TDS fitted to it.
Flushed system for 50 mins last night and got it to 5ppm.
Its not my resin I changed it on Wednesday. Looked this morning and out was reading  75ppm, having gone up from 5 overnight!!!!