Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Alex and your brushes
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 07:38:08 pm »
Well done Luke,the 1 that would be good for gutters is the 1 on the top right.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 07:41:21 pm »
omnipole sold them  little ones off on ebay...wish i had bought them...argg

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

trevor perry

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 08:12:26 pm »
hi alex
how long will it be before you get the flocked brushes in stock, and will it have the same number of bristles.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 08:42:53 pm »
Alex,

how possible would it be to have one of the new dual trim brushes at twice the length for commercial work but without any holes cut for the jets as I would like to fit 4 jets and a swivel onto it.

stevieg

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 08:45:50 pm »
i need a larger brush ,about a foot or so,very light( to go on a modular ),and must be able to clean properly without "lift off rinsing"It also needs to be a cross between a vikan (which disappears into the glass)and a salmon (which scrubs well,but does leave lines if your not attentive)   off you go then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prestigeclean

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 08:49:45 pm »
can we have the 4 pencil jets on all your brushes as an option , its the only reason i,ve not bought any yet regards alan

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 08:50:38 pm »
I can have produced anything you want.  It is relatively easy to produce different sizes and widths but the minimum order would be 200-1000 (depending on which manufacturer you use).  We are working on three new brushes in addition to the dual trim and the single trim.  Brushes to come are:  flocked, sill and large brush.
hi alex could you get 1 made with a scraper type edge for the baked on bird crap ?
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 08:55:20 pm »
Can you design one that puts the kettle on and makes a cuppa every 20 minutes?

:-*

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 08:58:23 pm »

Those that have their missus working with them already do, just to make them feel important and to keep them warm ;D

Spruce

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 09:00:01 pm »
Can you design one that gets on with cleaning the windows whilst I sit in the van please - cold weather coming?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 09:02:04 pm »
can we have the 4 pencil jets on all your brushes as an option , its the only reason i,ve not bought any yet regards alan

Do you have 4 pencil jets on most of your brushes including small brushes? How do you get on with them? Do you turn your water flow down or do you work quicker? I'm curious as I can see the benefits on large glass with large brushes but not with small brushes.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 10:15:24 pm »
Alex, can you mention again what is changed to the new brushes? I can't find where you posted it in the other thread.

Thank you. :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 10:32:51 pm »
hi alex
how long will it be before you get the flocked brushes in stock, and will it have the same number of bristles.

If we decide to go with a flocked version, it would be 8-10 weeks before it was on the shelf.  It will have the same bristle quantity.

Alex,

how possible would it be to have one of the new dual trim brushes at twice the length for commercial work but without any holes cut for the jets as I would like to fit 4 jets and a swivel onto it.

It would be possible. I would not be happy though building a brush that was over half a metre wide as it would have to weigh 1/2 a kilo which would limit the poles that could cope with it.  We are looking at having a larger version made but more in the region of 36-38cm wide.  We are still thinking about what jet positions would work best with this size of brush.

i need a larger brush ,about a foot or so,very light( to go on a modular ),and must be able to clean properly without "lift off rinsing"It also needs to be a cross between a vikan (which disappears into the glass)and a salmon (which scrubs well,but does leave lines if your not attentive)   off you go then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new dual trim does give a very good cross between a Vikan and a Salmon but is lighter than both.

We find that two x 2mm pencil jets provide a very even spread of water on the width of brush that the Super-Lite is.  We are considering more jets if we decide to make a larger brush.  It is fairly easy though to drill extra jet holes on any of these stocks, just a question of removing a few bristles and drilling the hole.  In fact, I believe we provided the very first commercial example of a 4 jet brush over two years ago for one of our clients.  This had 4 x 1mm jets.  There is always the option of paying us more for us to customize the brush if need be  :)

hi alex could you get 1 made with a scraper type edge for the baked on bird crap ?

Yes it is possible. However, in reality this would end up damaging frames as which ever side you put it on, it would come into contact with the frame of the window.

No.  :)

Can you design one that gets on with cleaning the windows whilst I sit in the van please - cold weather coming?

No.  :)  :)

Alex, can you mention again what is changed to the new brushes? I can't find where you posted it in the other thread.

Thank you. :)

Interestingly looking at the two brushes, there are very little noticeable differences.  The differences become immediately apparent when using the brush however.  Whilst the original dual trim Super-Lite offered great splay and cleaning, the new brush betters this by keeping both of those aspects and adds better scrubbing power.

The bristles are 3mm shorter than the previous model and have bristle tufts that are 0.4 of a mm closer together.  Not a big alteration but makes enough of a difference.  I still like working with the original dual trim but suspect that the new version will appeal to slightly more users.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 11:10:59 pm »
If fitting 4 jets to a brush, the best place for jets would be:

2 jets near the edge of the brush so that when the brush sits resting against the side of the wall, the jets sit directly over the frame of the window. Too far in on the brush and it's very awkward to clean the window frames properly (especially on new cleans). The othe two inner jets would be proportionally spaced between the two outer jets.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 08:14:07 am »
If fitting 4 jets to a brush, the best place for jets would be:

2 jets near the edge of the brush so that when the brush sits resting against the side of the wall, the jets sit directly over the frame of the window. Too far in on the brush and it's very awkward to clean the window frames properly (especially on new cleans). The othe two inner jets would be proportionally spaced between the two outer jets.

Thanks Wayne.

S.A.J

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 10:28:13 am »
Alex what about the sill brush, how soon could we get our hands on one of those??

Stuart

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2008, 10:44:30 am »
Alex what about the sill brush, how soon could we get our hands on one of those??

Stuart

They will on the shelf in 6-8 weeks and will weigh about 390g.