This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Alex and your brushes
« on: September 11, 2008, 05:32:11 pm »
Just wondering how they manufacture these new Superlights? Are they produced in long lengths and then cut into individual brushes? The reason i ask is because i'm just curious how easy it would be to produce different sizes or even different widths?

Alex Gardiner

Re: Alex and your brushes
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 05:48:21 pm »
I can have produced anything you want.  It is relatively easy to produce different sizes and widths but the minimum order would be 200-1000 (depending on which manufacturer you use).  We are working on three new brushes in addition to the dual trim and the single trim.  Brushes to come are:  flocked, sill and large brush.

ftp

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:05:30 pm »
Mmm i see, they look to have been sawn from a larger sheet and cut to size. I tend to use a very small Bentley probably only five inches long with the jets as close to the centre as possible purely for cleaning outside guttering. Bentley bristles don't last five minutes with hard cleaning, whereas yours seem very hard wearing, a nice length with a handy narrow stock, would seem a shame to hack a full brush down but if you ever bring out some varying sizes it might be interesting.
 Do you think there would be any advantage in a deeper dual trim? Say with another row or two or do you feel that you have the optimum dimensions?

matt

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 06:13:56 pm »
Mmm i see, they look to have been sawn from a larger sheet and cut to size. I tend to use a very small Bentley probably only five inches long with the jets as close to the centre as possible purely for cleaning outside guttering. Bentley bristles don't last five minutes with hard cleaning, whereas yours seem very hard wearing, a nice length with a handy narrow stock would seem a shame to hack a full brush down but if you ever bring out some varying sizes it might be interesting.
 Do you think there would be any advantage in a deeper dual trim? Say with another row or two or do you feel that you have the optimum dimensions?

cut a full size into TWO smaller gutter cleaning brushs, bingo, you are sorted  ;D ;D ;D

ftp

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 06:17:41 pm »
Yes i've already thought of that one but you don't get that nice splay both ends. AND you only get ONE sticker!  :'(

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:18:38 pm »
Mmm i see, they look to have been sawn from a larger sheet and cut to size. I tend to use a very small Bentley probably only five inches long with the jets as close to the centre as possible purely for cleaning outside guttering. Bentley bristles don't last five minutes with hard cleaning, whereas yours seem very hard wearing, a nice length with a handy narrow stock would seem a shame to hack a full brush down but if you ever bring out some varying sizes it might be interesting.

They are cut from large rectangular sheets of material and then drilled and punched to take the bristles.  Having used the latest batch of dual trim batches over the last two days I feel it would be very hard to beat the current brush.  I realize my comments need to be taken in context with the fact that I have designed and supplied this brush ( :D) but having used it, I really would not want to go back to any of the other brushes I have tried.  I even was able to scrub off bee spots from a notoriously bad area of glass on a building today and it's the only brush I've ever been able to do that with.

Is anyone else interested in us bringing out an even smaller version as you suggest?  I'm always open to new ideas.

Yes i've already thought of that one but you don't get that nice splay both ends. AND you only get ONE sticker!  :'(

We can send another sticker to you.  We're even thinking of bringing out car stickers!

NWH

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:18:53 pm »
Vikan do what your looking for,Luke will post a picture if he reads this.

ftp

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 06:26:26 pm »
I know but it's going to be "chunky" no doubt.

Alex, when is my Gardiners Superlight fleece going to be ready? I need to tell the embroiderers so i can hve my logo printed on to it. ;)

matt

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 06:34:13 pm »
AND you only get ONE sticker!  :'(

im sure alex would send you a free sticker

if not, my daugther got a sticker today with " good work " on it today

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 06:35:19 pm »
I know but it's going to be "chunky" no doubt.

Alex, when is my Gardiners Superlight fleece going to be ready? I need to tell the embroiderers so i can hve my logo printed on to it. ;)

I'll get the kids to start weaving  :D

ronnie paton

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 06:37:35 pm »
i would be intrestted in a smaller brushes for getting between bars and im sure there would be a few takers!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 06:51:01 pm »
i would be intrestted in a smaller brushes for getting between bars and im sure there would be a few takers!

My thoughts exactly.  A mini brush would be helpful as it's not always possible to squeeze them through by turning them when the gap between the bars is very narrow.
I was interested in what Alex said about removing bees stuff.  I had previously believed that only a hot water system could remove that stuff and, even then, not always.
I'm still on my Bentley but that doesn't look like it has a great deal of longevity.  Nice light one to get started with though.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 06:53:42 pm »
That brush goes through railings you just have to have a G fit gooseneck on the pole,i done 2 houses today with railings and no problem.You have to go in at an angle and come out at an angle.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 06:57:55 pm »
NWH, what pic do you want me to post?

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 06:59:17 pm »
Vikan do what your looking for,Luke will post a picture if he reads this.

That predicatable?

;D

NWH

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 06:59:54 pm »
NWH, what pic do you want me to post?

A selection of vikan brushes,the 1 with the mini brush in.

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 07:03:26 pm »
NWH did your dual trim arrive. If so, what you think?

Matt

NWH

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 07:04:32 pm »
I think i must of got sent the wrong 1 or thing.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 07:10:50 pm »
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 07:12:24 pm »
I made my own small brush, cutting up a bentley. Luke