This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

007 or what

still dirty
« on: September 09, 2008, 01:34:36 pm »
Hi all i've just had a complaint from my biggest commercial job  ???
I spent all weekend cleaning the glass and frames on this office block.
Now when i had finished, the windows looked superb.
Only the client didnt see them untill 3 days later when it had rained all over them.

Is it possible that the rain has washed dirt from the walls back over the windows
making them dirty again??????????? :-\

Re: still dirty
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:35:36 pm »
How many times have you done that place?

Are they aluminium frames?

jaykie

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:37:37 pm »
was that pic taken after you did it

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 01:47:45 pm »
Could be dirt blown onto the windows with the rain
You can't polish a turd

ftp

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 01:50:19 pm »
Have you been in to have a look?

Should have cleaned them in the rain as results are perfect (apparently).

007 or what

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 01:53:21 pm »
I havnt been down there yet as the contact is not in. That was a pic before any work took place. I will take anothe pic tommorrow to see if i can notice the difference.
Not sure how to go about this.

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 01:57:13 pm »
I would go and see the job, it could well be one window is bad, could even be the insides are dirty maybe :-\

Without seeing it you cant see the problem or find the solution, there can be many reasons why this could happen.

Ian

ftp

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 02:00:14 pm »
Don't know about you, but i find it easy to spot if it's general dirt or a fault with the clean, it has a different look about it. From the outside it still gets that lovely shiney look but close up from the inside it's often a different kettle of fish. I cleaned a very recently buillt house the other week and it looked superb - until i got up very close. It had big swathes of stone dust washed on to the lower windows that couldn't be seen fifteen feet away.

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 02:09:35 pm »
On larger jobs i always get signed ok agreement at the end of day, of finishing.don't get comebacks this way

poleman

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 02:51:02 pm »
Nick, we have a job by poole quay, which is where I think this is near by! and it gets cleaned once a month and every time we turn up, they are very dirty! think is to do with the sea and coastal weather!

Andy
PS did you check the windows once you had finished the job!

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 05:28:26 pm »
how can you entertain a complaint if they did not see the windows until 3 days after ???
be polite but dont get pushed around
you must know if you did the job properly
you aint responsible for what happens afterwards
if its not a problm caused by you or you methods then its not YOUR problem

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 05:39:17 pm »
Hi
What pole length so you need to use in the end to reach the top windows?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 05:45:10 pm »
40ft SL2,7 sections.

stevieg

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 06:07:52 pm »
they look like 1970s sash metal windows to me !Very difficult to get clean wfp.When they are old they seem to leach dirt from the sliding mechanisms ,also because one is "stepped back"from the other this is another cause of problems.it is very difficult to get the brush up to the top of the glass but it still disturbs the dirt,on the "inner window"  Just bad luck im afraid with picky customer,i do some of these but i dont think they even know or care what they are like!   However discretion is the better part of valour so unless your not too bothered about losing it ,be careful. Explain that the only real way to be sure is to do them trad but of course that would cost more with cherry picker hire etc.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 06:12:04 pm »
Don`t use fans on those type of windows they will come up awfull,if there ali they will give the leaching effect as described.Sometimes they will only come so good but they do look in good condition although from a picture it`s hard to tell,i would use a square brush and do glass only and try to stay away from the frames.

Tim82

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 06:13:37 pm »
 Id go in and see for yourself if i were you, it could even be inside or inside the double glazing like somone said

Tim82

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 06:17:05 pm »
could even just be one window theyre talking about. Ive had that before. Youd think theyd let it go but lotsa people are petty.

007 or what

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 12:31:09 pm »
Thanks guys for all your veiws it has helped,
I'm going down there now. I cleaned them trad with a 60ft cherry picker.
think i'm going to stand my ground and say that he should of seen them when i'd finished the job. Will be taking pics of the job today.

jaykie

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 01:23:51 pm »
Let us know how you got on.

Chris

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 08:17:38 pm »
Thanks guys for all your veiws it has helped,
I'm going down there now. I cleaned them trad with a 60ft cherry picker.
think i'm going to stand my ground and say that he should of seen them when i'd finished the job. Will be taking pics of the job today.

If it was trad it's pretty much guaranteed good finish, unless you're not good with a squeegee. Probably the rain/wind washed stuff off the walls. Are you using Fairy or a professional liquid? If you're using Fairy, stop using it, you'll get a really bad finish the moment it rains.