This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: does anyone work with their parnters?
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 10:57:11 pm »
My wife works with me 2 to 3 days a week, doing her own places. It's easier that way other wise you just get knotted up. She even reels in on occasions but gets the hump if I tell her it's not near enough.  :o

She uses a xtel 17 at full height or the sl-x when she can prize it out of my hands.
All in all she's a good girl.

Simon.  

Tim82

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 10:58:03 pm »
she sounds like it! ;D

Tim82

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 11:26:49 pm »
We tend to get loads more male customers too, hmm wonder why that is? ::)

LWC

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 11:27:58 pm »
We tend to get loads more male customers too, hmm wonder why that is? ::)

hmm yeh thats one thing i wouldnt be too happy about mind, without bragging my wife is gorgeous lol!

pingu

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 07:47:35 am »
My other half helps me on 1 job every 6months it is a inside clean for her and I do the outsides...this way we work well.. ;D

But she does so much more for our business with regard to chasing debts, dealing with the accountant and all the other 1million and 1 things I do not notice ;)
I am secretly putting away a little money each week so at the end of next year I can get her what she really wants....a little bling, bling.

Cheers
Dave

Tim82

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 10:19:10 am »
 Still loving working with my wife, especially in the recent hot weather!

pjulk

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 04:29:07 pm »
I have my wife with me all the time now.

For me it works great.

I mainly do the upstairs with the pole while she is doing downstairs by hand and i will finish downstairs with my pole.

She has use the pole upstairs but she say she don't like it even though she does a good job.

She prefers traditional and is good at it so she does that i use the pole and it seems to work well.

Tim82

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 04:34:29 pm »

I mainly do the upstairs with the pole while she is doing downstairs by hand and i will finish downstairs with my pole.

Flippin eck! If i "finished off" my wife's windows she'd wet me! ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 06:39:19 am »
my partner works with me all the time and we get along great, she uses the pole no problem at all, even up at 35 feet, she can lug the back pack in and out of the back of the van, even when it is full of water, oh, my back pack is sat on top of a car battery and all fixed onto a sack truck so it is pretty heavy, Carla is one strong girl!

I generally do all the higher difficult stuff but we usually do one side of a house each, I'll go off around the back with the back pack and she will do the front with the van system.
She is comfortable with both trad and WFP, though I won't let her do any ladder work...not that I use a ladder for working off! Access only for the most part, though she will use the pointer ladder.

She isn't too keen on window cleaning in the cold weather though, but is loving the summer!

Also as a result of having a female working with me I have picked up a fair amount of work as a direct result of that... ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 06:53:37 am »
It must be good for 'bingo wings'

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 11:01:39 am »
My wife does all the admin, recording rounds, preparing work lists, answering the phone etc etc.

Did you know you can pay them up to about £100 a week without them having to pay any tax/NI provided they don't have any other income?  It's a legitimate deductable expense, so reduces your taxable income by £100 a week.

seandyer2003

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 11:13:05 am »
So long as they dont have a job already you can, otherwise its taxable if there comnined earnings are over 6000 pa

Collybolly

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 01:57:22 pm »
I work with mine; we're both directors (commercial cleaning). He deals with 'operations', is very hands-on & gets to travel around, I'm stuck up in Lancashire doing the payroll & admin for around 200 regular staff a week...with all the attendant queries from housing benefit, Jobseekers, CSA  etc bla bla

He went to one of our customers 4 weeks ago on an overnighter but while away, he got a call from another of our sites, our manager was taken seriously ill, he's been covering for him and running the job since...on the Isle of Wight.

Pros...I get a "man-smell free" zone, absolute control of the nightly TV schedule and no teaspoons that seem to breed in the sink when he's around. More room in bed, less washing....

Cons...It's business 24/7. We've no time to do the things we used to. Normally we would've gone to Le Mans last weekend or at least to the IOW Festival ! He grafts & might do over 1000 miles a week so just wants to kick back when he's home. Whereas I have to bore him with whats been happening with the business at my end. The customers and staff think I'm a figment of his imagination, because they never see me.

And its our wedding anniversary on Saturday  :'(

Personally I don't think it works.

Tim82

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 10:24:54 am »

And its our wedding anniversary on Saturday  :'(

Personally I don't think it works.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! ;)

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2009, 07:17:08 pm »
Typical, you give a success poster account of your lives, and then add that you don't think it works. I've always worked with my wife (market trading).Now she does that and i wc.

windowswashed

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2009, 07:50:24 pm »
They say never work with friends or family. For some people it works well. For some it could be the start of the end lol. Absence makes the heart grow fonder is another saying and women in general have smaller feet, ideal for standing close to the kitchen sink lol

Tim82

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2009, 09:18:16 am »
They say never work with friends or family. For some people it works well. For some it could be the start of the end lol. Absence makes the heart grow fonder is another saying and women in general have smaller feet, ideal for standing close to the kitchen sink lol

We do have our moments, but working with your partner, it's so satisfying getting a job accomplished together and spending time with the one you love (if you get on normally that is)and is very rewarding!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2009, 11:01:56 am »
WARNING-- Working with your wife can seriously damage your relationship.

I worked with my wife for about four years, the first couple were alright, but after that we started to hate each other,

Some days we had full on arguements in customers gardeners   ;D   Now thats funny when the customer comes out to pay when you didnt realize they were in , and starts to give you marital advice.  ;D

sometimes we argued on the way to work, so i used to just turn round, go home and both of us refused to work.

Since we have both given up the tools we get on fine again, in fact we have not had a serious arguement in about 12 months.

My advice would be if you  have to work with your partner is DONT DO IT.

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2009, 11:31:10 am »
Yea!! to what Dave said.

I worked with my missus for 4 hours once and we split up later that day  ;D

We got back together 4 months later but dont work together anymore.

Tim82

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2009, 11:59:53 am »
Well, like anything, if you spend TOO much time doing the same thing together you will start to grate on eachother. My wife works with me just monday and thursday (just enough so that she doesnt pay tax)

Matt - No offence intended, but was that not just the tip of the iceburg?