This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

does anyone work with their parnters?
« on: September 08, 2008, 09:44:38 pm »
well?

how do they get on with the poles? not being sexist, but it is tiring sometimes with the pole

do you get a smaller one and they do downs? can they cope with the ups?

edd

Re: does anyone work with their parnters?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:50:07 pm »
DEFINATLEY NOT  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

jaykie

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 09:50:57 pm »
i can just about work with her in the relationship

LWC

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 09:51:05 pm »
DEFIANTLY NOT  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

now now eddie. will you marry me then we could work together lol!

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 09:53:21 pm »
Ive said it before..........

If you take her to work with you,  at least you wont have to kiss her goodbye in the morning.................. ;D
You can't polish a turd

Tim82

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 09:55:51 pm »
My wife works a couple of days a week. She does downs with a small extender pole. Works great. We get on ok at work (most of the time!) but she does need taking to the toilet every 5 minutes! It's great being able to be together though.

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 10:04:00 pm »
My wife works a couple of days a week. She does downs with a small extender pole. Works great. We get on ok at work (most of the time!) but she does need taking to the toilet every 5 minutes! It's great being able to be together though.

all together now...........................awwwwwwwwww!!!!

only joking mate good on ya
You can't polish a turd

LWC

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 10:17:11 pm »
just my wife isnt having the best time at work at the minute and i think if she came with me, and im having stress with employing people, could just work with me 2 or 3 days, would solve 2 problems...

she just thinks she couldnt cope with the pole all day and the weather cutting both of our wages

least with her job shes got something to fall onto i suppose...

Tim82

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 10:18:17 pm »

all together now...........................awwwwwwwwww!!!!

only joking mate good on ya

well you asked!  :P

LWC

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 10:19:29 pm »
well you asked!  :P

just wondered if it worked...

jaykie

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 10:28:00 pm »
what is a parnters any way, how do they work

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 10:28:25 pm »
just my wife isnt having the best time at work at the minute and i think if she came with me, and im having stress with employing people, could just work with me 2 or 3 days, would solve 2 problems...

she just thinks she couldnt cope with the pole all day and the weather cutting both of our wages

I think it's mostly down to her attitude towards working with you. If she wants to do it, and is positive about it, then it could work great.

The physical  side of it is something you could learn to work with. I'd recommend getting her a modular CF fishing pole to start with, (11mtr ones are about £70 on ebay) and the lightest brush possible. This will allow her to manage the majority of the work with minimal strain (approx 1.6 KG for a 30' pole including brush and hose!)

Anything too high or awkward, obviously you step in,....

LWC

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 10:31:41 pm »

Tim82

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 10:34:47 pm »

Well, the benefits are:

1) You get to spend more time together, and it makes your day more flexible when you're on the same schedule.

2) If she's doing it to contribute to your shared bank account you don't need to worry about paying her.

Downsides:

1) Can be stressful at times when you're in the zone, focusing on trying to get the work done. My wife gets offended when I don't pay her "attention" when we're working. She translates it as being cold (like when you're watching footie at home!). If you're like me as a fella you just want to focus on work and get it done. It's just different from being at home. If she can understand that, great!

2) Women tend to need a decent toilet quite often, especially <ahem> at certain times of the month.(Easier just giving her a week off in the month ;)). They can't go in someones gutter like us!

She seems to cope just fine doing downstairs (and the odd ups when needed). She's often quicker than me!

If I think of any other pros and cons I'll let ya know!

LWC

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 10:36:28 pm »
cheers tim, do you go round and check the windows really patronising lol

Tim82

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 10:43:55 pm »
When i can get away with it yea! but shhh! ;) Actually she's quite a good worker.

I dont think she could cope with doing ups all the time cos she's only got wittle arms but she does a bit if i need to collect or what not.

Doing downstairs she just uses a small extender pole. I'm trying to get her to do the book but she's a bit shy!

Feels the cold a bit more in winter, but she loves it in summer when she can top up her tan(not this summer tho!).

She said she definitely prefers window cleaning with me, even though it's "a man's job" cos she gets double the money she got from working in a rest home (I pay her a third of what we make - probably too much! ;D You could just pay her a set amount like £50 a day. Better than standard wage!)

seandyer2003

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 10:52:20 pm »
My sister did a year with my bro in law, they done trad though! And they got on well, she got bored though about a month ago and got a different job, and hes gutted now as hes got double the work! Women are so fickle :) ;D ;D

Tim82

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 10:55:21 pm »
We did trad together for about 3 years and she worked fine doing downstairs with an a-ladder. The only thing she complained about was having ingrained dirt on her hands! She's loving the pole though and obvisouly finds it a lot easier.

ok cleaning

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 10:55:47 pm »
i took my wife out once she was very tired by midday we ended up at harvester for lunch and i called the day off dont take her anymore

Tim82

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 10:56:42 pm »
My wife was the same to begin with but anyone would be. She got used to it after a bit.