This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

" Leave my leaflet in the window if you require a quote"
« on: September 08, 2008, 09:03:23 pm »
Does anyone use this method , and what % do you get,... in comparison to  simply leaving  a standard leaflet.?  ;)

Thanks.

geefree

Re: " Leave my leaflet in the window if you require a quote"
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:09:44 pm »
 :D.... i do prefer to try and hand pick my round .... as much as i possibly can.

but thanks.  ;D

geefree

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 09:12:42 pm »
Hi,

no i dont, only cleaning the plastic outside.  :)

geefree

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 09:19:46 pm »
i may be... but i dont carpet clean either.. i suppose some will say attach as many strings to your bow as poss..

but i window clean, conservatory roof clean... facia boards etc and pressure wash.

i think you can do too much , and lose your way.

not knocking it... not at all... its just not a service i want to provide

;)

RO-Sheen

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 09:50:23 pm »
If Im doing a street and if there are houses on it that arent on my rota I sometimes do the 'leaflet in the window' thingy. I usually get 1 or 2 in 5 that joins the rota.
If one of my customers move away I always do it once the new owner moves in and this is probably 75% successful but I always mention that I used to clean for the previous owner.

Did it today actually so will see tomorrow if they leave it in the window!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

davids3511

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 09:59:33 pm »
Yes, my full round was built with them. I have 265 current customers since August 2007. I have had 7500 leaflets dropped and in all I got over 320 customers. As usual with any new round about 20% dropped off after a few cleans but I was still left with 80%.

For me it was about 4.25% response rate, however, you can cover far more ground with leafletting than you can canvassing. You can also leaflet at any time you like(within reason) where as you can really only canvass with any success when you would expect people to be home from work.

Personally I think the success of this leaflet is that the customer has to make a decision. I say on the leaflet I will be back within 3 days, they then need to make a decision rather thn throw the leaflet in a drawer and forget to ring.

I have posted a copy of what I use below. I know it is very simple and not very pro looking but I know it works for me.

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 10:02:41 pm »
No but i will ......brilliant idea
You can't polish a turd

jaykie

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 10:08:43 pm »
im going to try this and put it in the areas ive leaflet dropped before and in areas that canvassing is not allowed.

jaykie

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 10:10:20 pm »
Whats with the ::)

davids3511

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 10:16:29 pm »
im going to try this and put it in the areas ive leaflet dropped before and in areas that canvassing is not allowed.

I find it is great for consolidating an area, trying to fill in the gaps between houses you already do. You will also know very quickly if a whole area is without a window cleaner. They will be popping up everywhere. I remember I got 18 new customers from one Saturday alone. It was a nightmare doing all the first cleans.

jaykie

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 10:18:43 pm »
Cool sounds good, probs be as good at canvassing but also quicker, ill get 5000 printed and start dropping, might even keep tabs on how many i drop  to how many custys i get.

davids3511

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 10:21:21 pm »
I'm surprised you have so much time to spend on here if you are such a shooting star success.

brett walker

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 10:28:33 pm »
Ive used this methord and found it very good, i had put my cards through peoples doors several times when canvassing and they had not rang either because they have not got the time or could'nt be bothered.

our local window cleaning shop do a card which is bright yellow you just leave your price on the card and they place it in the window which on the other side it says yes please, it saves them ringing i just staple my business card to it so theyve got my details.

Brett. :)

jaykie

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 10:43:25 pm »
where can i get this sort of thing printed as was going to go back to cheapleaflets.co.uk but theyve put all there prices up

peter holley

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 11:25:36 pm »

I find it is great for consolidating an area, trying to fill in the gaps between houses you already do. You will also know very quickly if a whole area is without a window cleaner. They will be popping up everywhere. I remember I got 18 new customers from one Saturday alone. It was a nightmare doing all the first cleans.
Same here , I got 26 new ones in an hour !

my thoughts exactly :o

j burton

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 12:03:02 am »
i have also been going since august 2007 and have 300 custys . i only put out 3000 leaflets   
it is just word of mouth . but i am very good at what i do , and i know i will get slagged off for it but you need to charm your custys and make them feel good about what you are doing for them, i.e a little extra every now and then.

davids3511

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 10:16:40 am »
where can i get this sort of thing printed as was going to go back to cheapleaflets.co.uk but theyve put all there prices up

I use www.printcarrier.com/gb/ A6 300GRM (5000) card is only £66.00 if you don't mind waiting a week for delivery. I always gethem to proof my upload though, I had a batch arrive once with a spelling mistake and don't want it to happen again.

geefree

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 12:37:07 pm »
thanks for all your replies..

do you get them printed or is it possible to print both sides on a normal printer.  :)

geefree

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 07:43:04 pm »
professionally or home printer, for those without an expansive mind  ::)

geefree

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 05:40:19 pm »
does anyone know any decent company where  i can get ... the above leaflets prited, as if i do them... and they pop it in the window.... it will run and smudge.

thanks.

Gary.