This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

filling a water fed pole system New
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:41:47 pm »
bb

alanwilson

Re: filling a water fed pole system
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 09:47:05 pm »
what about onboard ro/di filtration and fill up from an outside tap?  As far as I am aware most water authorities will issue you a hydrant license for a fee - this allows you o use the fire hydrants which tend to have very good operating pressure thus faster fill times if you are using onboard RO
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

jaykie

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:12:24 pm »
Where are you based gerard mcmanus

matt

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:14:10 am »
i once helped a guy set up a system in a flat

he fitted the RO under his kitchen sink and ran the 6mm pipe around the top of the skirting into a tank in a cupboard ( he got a 400 L upright tank ) it fitted and worked well enough

ive also on the DIY WFP forum advised another guy, he fitted his RO in the bathroom  ( fitted it at the end of the bath and built a cupboard around it, he then ran the 6mm pipe though the wall into the bedroom and in the bottom of his wardrobe

one of them ran a hose pipe ( with a tap on the end to stop the flow ) out of the window and in the van ( gravity did the filling ), the other 1 just used 25 L barrels and would fill them every day ( he made a drip try to catch any spills when filling )

also come to thing of it, another guy on the DIY forum fitted a RO under his kitchen sink and ran the 6mm pipe down the wall into 2 X 210 L rainwater butts right under his window

it can be done, even from a flat

Helen

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:16:52 pm »
ok I know of you live in a home with a garage, its fairly simple. But what do you do if you live in a third floor flat. The only thing I can think of is to rent a garage with a water supply because they take so long to fill, but them what about pressure washing companies etc.

Has anyone got a WFP system and what do you do about filling it, and is there anyone who doesn't have a garage and does have a WFP system and how do you get such a large supply of water each day?
 ???

thanks

gerard
How much do you intend to use a day? Could you not for the time being, purchase what you need from a local supplier....a business expense on your yearly figures.

spark1

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 03:56:37 pm »
Use 2 di bottles and swop around .Cheaper than renting a garage.Also fill up any place of your choice if  you run out of water.

cybersye

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:00:01 pm »
I live in a first floor flat. I have a merlin ro and 240 ltr wheelie bin in what used to be the airing cupboard until I switched to a combi boiler .  Drilled hole through floor to feed delivery hose from sub pump in bin down to hallway. 10 meters of hose coiled and hung on wall is just enough for me to double park van up early in morning and fill.
How I envy those with driveways, garages and outside taps!  >:(

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 11:08:59 pm »
I live in a first floor flat. I have a merlin ro and 240 ltr wheelie bin in what used to be the airing cupboard until I switched to a combi boiler .  Drilled hole through floor to feed delivery hose from sub pump in bin down to hallway. 10 meters of hose coiled and hung on wall is just enough for me to double park van up early in morning and fill.
How I envy those with driveways, garages and outside taps!  >:(
GOOD ONE YOU M8, you will have the benifits in time, Some will say they cant do it, you have just proved without knowing it can be done  ;) for that you get respect from me and I guess many other  :D

Ian

cybersye

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 11:37:11 pm »
Thanks Ian,
I shall try taking some pics and post em up, to show others just how little space you can utilise with a little thought
Simon

spark1

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 11:48:55 pm »
I think for me if I move over to WFP at any point, I will probably just start with a trolley system, even of I bought a brand new ionic van mount, I would only use it on 30% of my customers, due to parking etc. But think i would still have to get a new vehicle as I just use a car, maybe need a berlingo or something.

[qoute]
Use 2 di bottles and swop around .Cheaper than renting a garage.Also fill up any place of your choice if  you run out of water.
[/qoute]

Can you give me any more info, not too sure about DI bottles and how they work, I though you have to feed a supply through a DI Tank, with resin in it, no?

buy a tank for water maybe 300l .Buy 2 di bottles,the blue ones.Fill both bottles with resin run hose through one to fill tank,use other as a polishing for outlet.when the polishing one gets a tds of 5 change the polishing one for the inlet one , then refill the other one with resin ,and so on. simple really works for me ,

Tim82

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 10:40:59 am »
ok I know of you live in a home with a garage, its fairly simple. But what do you do if you live in a third floor flat. The only thing I can think of is to rent a garage with a water supply because they take so long to fill, but them what about pressure washing companies etc.

Has anyone got a WFP system and what do you do about filling it, and is there anyone who doesn't have a garage and does have a WFP system and how do you get such a large supply of water each day?
 ???

thanks

gerard

How about a hose out your kitchen window from your tap.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 10:45:03 am »

How about a hose out your kitchen window from your tap.

;D
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Dean Taberner

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 01:35:56 pm »
I seriously wouldnt consider this option mate,

Are you on a water meter? If not you may get a few grass snakes trying to put a spanner in the works with regards to how much water you are using as it is on full show.

People cant help themselves. :(

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

cybersye

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 05:14:46 pm »
Heres my water filtering set up (sorry not great pics) . As I said before I live in a first floor flat, it used to be my airing cupboard until I got rid of the dated hot water tank and went for a combi boiler, Theres a hole drilled through the floor with a length of plactic drain pipe to feed the transfer hose through (about 10 meters) Its just enough for me to double park early in morning and fill the van up. Its not a perfect solution, was meant to be temporary, about 3 years ago lol. When i can afford a decent quick filling double 4040 system in the van then thats what I shall do. Hope this is of help to somebody in the same predicament.
Simon