Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dryasabone

Re: How much do you charge for full house cleans?
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2008, 11:47:37 pm »
Derek,
You said in your last post that you work 7 days 24hrs so I suppose it s not worth saying you should get out more ??

derek west

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 12:00:19 am »
dry, you put your point across so i answer that point, so instead of a reply ou put another point across, i answer that one so you try another point. if you can't back up your points then i'm wasting my time. your boring me now,
good night.
enjoy your walk tommorrow,
think of me working hard and upsetting the surveyors who earn peanuts compared to a thickit carpet cleaner. who doesnt deserve £145 for 3 hours work.
derek

dryasabone

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 12:06:34 am »
Derek,
Now now,
read this tomorrow.

Jim_77

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 12:14:22 am »
Mr. Bone,

How long have you been in business?

dryasabone

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2008, 12:25:00 am »
Mr Neal,
I have been in business for just over 2yrs and I trade fairly sucessfully,through honesty and sensible pricing.
I also have no delusions of multi millionaire status as I am aware of my trade standing.
However I do enjoy an above average income based upon my skill basis.
I am a realist.

Jim_77

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2008, 12:40:51 am »
I totally agree with you, honestly I do.

Whilst your skill basis hovers around the level of an average road sweeper, you don't deserve more than the 250 quid a week you earn (you forgot to deduct your fixed costs, variable costs, income tax and national insurance so I'd predict you're working to around a 50% profit margin).

But please don't try to tell the rest of the industry that they're doing it wrong.  You're making a laughing stock of yourself in front of guys who've been nurturing their businesses for many many years.

You do things your way, if that works for you great but please cut out the jehova's witness-style preaching, we don't buy it :)

dryasabone

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2008, 12:52:55 am »
Mr Neal,
You state that I am making a laughing stock of myself,
would you please point out what everybody is laughing at ,
so that I can intelligently respond as opposed to you being abusive whilst sitting safely behind a computer screen ( or delivering leaflets  )

stuart_clark

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 12:57:43 am »
I cleaned three flights of stairs this morning and two rus and a large bedroom, charged the custy £350 I was more than happy with that and it only took me three hours

Jim_77

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2008, 01:10:13 am »
OK.

You seem to have failed to grasp the concept that as a business owner you are no longer "just doing a job".

You can't compare the turnover generated by your business to a salary earned from employment.  As I said above, you haven't deducted any costs from the amount of money you "earn" per week.

I'm sure many other seasoned professionals in this business would share my disdain for your opinion that we are "just cleaners" and don't deserve to gain any higher income than you'd get from a minimum wage job.  The type of services you offer may require minimal amounts of cerebral capacity but there are a lot of us in this industry who go a lot further than you do, in terms of utilising a comprehensive range of equipment and products in conjunction with a great deal of training, learning and self-development.

To describe this metaphorically, you're like a mobile mechanic who only has an adjustable spanner in his pocket and only offers to do work involving tightening up bolts.  Anyone can tighten bolts up, but you need a whole lot more knowledge, training and skill to be able to strip an engine down and rebuild it.

dryasabone

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2008, 01:20:08 am »
Mr Neal
I know it took you nearly 20 mins to respond and get the dictionary , why you are being abusive is beyond me.
It can only be your lack of syntax and fear of  intellectual engagement, I bet you can not clean carpets either. (you started it )

Jim_77

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2008, 01:25:54 am »
What have I said that's "abusive"?  Please point out any abuse against you and I'll delete it.

I'm not sitting here pressing the refresh button every 10 seconds mate and I don't need a dictionary because I listened  sometimes at school when they taught me stuff ;)

You seem to have forgotten to respond to any of the points I raised, whilst at the same time being extremely hypocritical and directing abuse at me.

I'll take that as a concession :)

Jim_77

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2008, 01:28:00 am »
P.S. Are you drunk?  If so please don't delete your posts tomorrow or mine won't make sense :(

dryasabone

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2008, 01:29:29 am »
by the way it is an analogy not metaphorically .
I hope you do not get your chemicals mixed up ( probably )

Jim_77

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2008, 01:45:35 am »
Mate thanks for your concern but you sound like the kind of guy who'd put his trousers on backwards, don't forget the zip goes at the front! ;)

dryasabone

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2008, 01:47:02 am »
Mr Neal
It has taken me 20mins to respond not that I am searching for a dictionary but  just that I have finished laughing. Keep it up ,if anybody needs advice they now where to go .
P.S.
I am away on holiday and it aint Blackpool.

Jim_77

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2008, 01:50:46 am »
A tent in the back garden doesn't count!!

;)

dryasabone

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2008, 01:56:21 am »
is that a council house oop north

Neil Grainger

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2008, 06:29:20 am »
Dry as a Bone/clean as my footpath

If your just using dry system I can see why you are happy to earn what you do, some carpets can and should be dry cleaned but most need HWE as it gets them clean.

Dry has its place but why do most wet clean, its because it works better.

We are business owners not just cleaners, we do marketing, sales, design, repair, accounts, administration and cleaning. Show me a cleaner that can do all that.

I have put my minimum up to £100 with no loss of business and always work around £100 an hour, why, because I do lots more than just clean carpets.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2008, 07:05:42 am »
apart from Neils last post, the last 16 posts have been off topic so we'll take it that  everything on this topic has now been said, so I'm locking it  :) :)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk