Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin thomas

Re: How much do you charge for full house cleans?
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 06:44:40 pm »
well ok, not counting setting out your gear but definaltely 3 hours or less for the actual clean. last friday me and my casual helper did:
1 all carpets 3-bed detached
2 all carpets 1-up 1 down
3 all carpets 4-bed detached
4 h/s/l & through lounge
5 h/s/l & lounge + 2 large rugs
some of the jobs were quite a few miles apart.
as far as i could tell, all customers over the moon.
home by 2.30pm
i only use my helper when REALLY busy or job needs to be done quickly, a helper cuts the time on the job by more than half.
colin
colin thomas

colin thomas

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 06:47:16 pm »
ps my last post doesn't mean that a 5-bed takes 3 hours with a helper, i would still say that would be 3 hours by myself

colin
colin thomas

elliott cleaning

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 07:25:10 pm »
Very recently cleaned a 5 bedroom house in a well known London square.  Took me a full day plus a further 2 hours.  God I must be slow ;)
Ok, it did have four reception rooms, a top/attic floor playroom, a basement gamesroom/gym which extended under the garden 8) and there was some furniture which needed doing.  The tab ran well into the 4 figure mark.

Give me an empty 5 bed rental of the "Wimpey Exec. Home" style and like Colin Thomas, I'll be through it in ca. 3 hours

Dave_Lee

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 07:33:41 pm »
Dont forget a lot of CCs mostly clean only the open exposed areas of carpet, not moving any furniture. Doing it this way you can clean twice as much in a day, easy. Also some clean the carpet edges with a hand tool, while others will use the wand. Some pre vac, others dont. Some use air movers, some dont. Some have more powerful equipment than others. Theres a whole load of reasons why CCs times doing jobs will vary considerably, just like the prices for doing it.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

colin thomas

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 07:41:38 pm »
elliot, as you point out, the job you did was a VERY large town house, that would take even me all day, your right to point out that i'm talking an average wimpey type 5-bed and no i don't get the furniture tool out to go around the edges of the carpet but i do move all furniture that i can and i run one of the most powerful truck-mounts so sorry to all porty guys but that does cut time down,

colin
colin thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 09:29:53 pm »
How much ££££££ Colin lend me a couple of quid!

What furniture do you move?

I mean a 3 bed house consistes of 2 downstairs rooms, hsl, 2 med sized beds and a box room minimum, may be 90 sq yards.

a 1 up 1 down is just that plus stairs

4 bed detached is 4 beds inclusing master and small beds, hsl, 2 rooms and a study

jobs 4 and 5 speak for themselves.

What time did you leave that morning about 4am?

Does that include vac? prespray?

I thought I was fit but bloody hell Colin do you have super hero tendancies?

Shaun

colin thomas

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 10:14:38 pm »
shaun, get real, i wear my underpants UNDER my trousers and still get that amount of work done in a day, get a good helper and you will see how much more work you can do in a day, i can't be ar**d with these guys who spend all day with a furniture tool to clean the edges of the carpet, cleaners who use furniture tools to clean rugs are idiots, 99% of customers are realists, they want a good job at a realistic  price, in my opinion most customers don't want you in their houses more than 2 - 3 hours, after that, your a bloody nuisance!!

colin
colin thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 10:21:08 pm »
Colin as usually you don't hide ;D saying that though days like that bring you muchos money!

But you never answered the question, what furniture do you consider moveable?

I ask because I consider furniture moving as half the bloomin job!

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 10:24:34 pm »
colin
did a 10 roomer, 5 bed, 3 reception, 1 bathroom and a large hsl.
there for just over 6 hours, spent 30 mins after that chatting to the women, oh and i had a helper, women gave me £300 as quoted plus a £50 tip,
no complaints about being there too long and she was over the moon with the results, i find people like the fact that there getting value for money by how long i take. not saying they don't get value for money from you, and if i had a choice i'd rather do it a lot faster like you, but my point is people round here don't seem to mind how long i take. i get a lot of tips, all though £50 did make my jaw hit the floor.
derek

dryasabone

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 10:35:22 pm »
I DO NOT BELIEVE IT !!
£400 -£500 for a carpet clean !
Some of you will not move furniture !!
And then I read posts saying " its very quiet "
I regularly take £500 a week cash ,£65 ,£120 jobs every day we are cleaners not brain surgeons.

derek west

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 10:43:05 pm »
i wonder if brain surgeons say.
400k a year, we're brain surgeons, not footballers.
think about it.
derek

dryasabone

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 10:51:18 pm »
Think about what ?

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 10:59:30 pm »
dryasabone
The 21st century, we`re in it, think about that!!!!!

Daryl

dryasabone

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 11:03:04 pm »
Daryl,
I must be on a different wavelength,
Think about what ?

derek west

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 11:06:30 pm »
I DO NOT BELIEVE IT !!
£400 -£500 for a carpet clean !
Some of you will not move furniture !!
And then I read posts saying " its very quiet "
I regularly take £500 a week cash ,£65 ,£120 jobs every day we are cleaners not brain surgeons.
i despair i really do.
you dont need to be brainy to warrent earning good money.
derek

dryasabone

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2008, 11:11:26 pm »
Derek,
I really would like you to share your reasons why a Cleaner should deserve a salary equivalent to a quantity surveyor or solicitor.

derek west

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2008, 11:24:56 pm »
dry
why should a fireman who risks his life or a nurse who works 80 hours a week get pittence compared to tiger woods who just goes for a walk everyday with a stick hitting a ball into a hole.
you get paid what people will pay you, just cos there a surveyor doesn't make them a better person than me.

if your self employed then you deserve as much as you can get, i work 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and anyone who earns good money being selfemployed know what i'm on about.
are you saying you only earn £500 a week cos you don't want to upset the surveyors.
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2008, 11:30:28 pm »
The points of being self employed is that you can either work harder and earn more money or work less and have more time, it gives you options.

Do you think some of the richest men and women in the world are solicitors? Many can't read or write but they have drive and skills theat set them above the rest.

My brother can speak 4 different languages including Japanese, it says Dr on his letter heads but he spends more time farting around (and happy to do so) and earns a good wage (not humungous) for about IMO 10 hours per week (lazy sod!)but he is on the pay roll!

I am NOT on the pay roll so it's up to me to earn what I want, if I work I want paying for it.

Shaun  

dryasabone

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2008, 11:36:06 pm »
Derek,
You say I ONLY earn £500 cash a week.
Find a job in the paper or in the job centre as a cleaner paying that after tax and I will give you my gold medal

derek west

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2008, 11:43:08 pm »
whats that got to do with what we're talking about, you wont get a job that pays that much but ask the person who's advertising the cleaning job (who wont be a brain surgeon) how much he gets paid, a lot, and why? cos he's a self employed cleaner who's got his head on right.
put together a cojent arguement why dont ya.