Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

How much do you charge for full house cleans?
« on: August 24, 2008, 06:47:14 pm »
As the header says, if your cleaning a full house, what would you charge for the following.

1 Bed -

2 Bed -

3 Bed -

4 Bed -

Paul Kinder Clean

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Re: How much do you charge for full house cleans?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 06:52:41 pm »
£ 3 - £4 per m2

I don't give per house prices. I measure up and charge my normal m2 rate and talk about the possibility of upholstery cleaning or protection. I don't charge extra for spot stain removal.

Steve

markpowell

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 08:23:36 pm »
Is that £100 for an average size lounge Steve?
Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 08:42:54 pm »
My last house was nearly all carpeted 5 beds and bathrooms ensuites and large lounge, hsl and dining room(kitchen, family room and laundry roomhard floor) , in total there was 2200 sq ft of carpeting that means that would be £660.00.

I would have charged £400-450 and have had it done in under 5 hours easily.

Shaun

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 08:52:25 pm »
Mark

I would class an average size lounge around here as being 5m x 4m - so I would charge £ 60, £ 70 if I thought I could get it. My minimum charge is £60 anyway.

Steve

Gerry Styles

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 08:54:09 pm »
Start at £130 for 1 bed then work up to £450 for 4/5 bed depending on state of carpet.r
Premier Klean Limited

derek west

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 09:10:33 pm »
god i'm cheap. no wonder i turn all my surveys into jobs.
shaun
i'm also very  slow, what you just said would take me 8 to 9 hours including furniture removal.
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 09:16:38 pm »
Derek when you have a full week and the week after is half full then add a bit on to your quotes on the time front it takes practice and also when to move furniture and when not to.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 09:55:46 pm »
shaun,
yeah you talked about slowly putting prices up on the phone, hopefully when i start getting booked up i'll be able to do that. my last business worked on the same principles.
as for when and when not to move furniture youve lost me, i move the lot, i ask the customer to move as much as possible then whats left gets moved around the room till its all cleaned, i'll get faster, like u said, it takes practice.
derek

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 10:05:39 pm »
Derek

If something isn't likely to be moved from it's original position by the customer, like for instance a large wall unit that couldn't possibly go anywhere else in the room then I don't offer to move it, especially when it is usually rammed out with glass, china and books.

Steve

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 10:05:54 pm »
Heavy 4 posters is a definate no no ! some tv's, side boards I'm sure you get the drift, knowone else does it I'm sure.

If you want to fast track your prices then get out delivering and marketing OTT, then get booked up quick and then do it all again but this time add £5 a room or something like that, over a week it adds up and then you start to run at a more healthier profit.

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 08:42:36 am »
I have now stopped moving TV units a) due to cost of items should they fall ie flat panel tv's, and b) due to the cables behind. If one goes loose and picture lost then I will get the blame.
Hand tool around most but not all times.

Wal units and sideboards. No way if they full, but dont usually move anyway cause they been there for years and are going to stay there for years.

Beds, mostly move a bit this way then move a bit that way. Mostly not practical to move a bed completely.

craigp

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 08:52:08 am »
shaun,
yeah you talked about slowly putting prices up on the phone, hopefully when i start getting booked up i'll be able to do that. my last business worked on the same principles.
as for when and when not to move furniture youve lost me, i move the lot, i ask the customer to move as much as possible then whats left gets moved around the room till its all cleaned, i'll get faster, like u said, it takes practice.
derek

Remember flat based furniture should not go back for 24hrs, or you may seal in moisture and could get mould/mildew problems then.

carlton care

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 09:05:10 am »
Ikea furniture has exposed chip board on vitually everything and will avsorb like a sponge. Unfortuately, it can be found in any house nowadays, not just the " minimalists "

Nick Vassilev

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 01:19:36 pm »
I never price for a full house clean. Every room is quoted separately.

Jim_77

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 02:14:56 pm »
Why do you do that, nick?

suffolkclean

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 04:01:18 pm »
Do people really pay £400 for a 5 bedroom house for carpet cleaning? We've been charging £200 do the full montey using prochem chemicals - would love to charge more

colin thomas

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 04:57:06 pm »
i price each room seperatley as well, i can refer back if the next time they only want the lounge doing instead of the whole house and i know what to quote without having to go and measure, this is good for letting agents when i am constantly going back to the same houses but cleaning different rooms.
pricing is such a personal thing, shaun asks £450 for a 5-bed and takes up to 5hrs, i have never taken more than 3hrs on any house but would charge around £250 for a 5-bed, i guess that is a similar hourly rate. i don't think i do an inferior clean to shaun, i just move my a**e quicker!!!
as for moving furniture, i tell the customer that what they can move by themselves to vacuum then i will move to clean the carpets.

colin
colin thomas

derek west

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 05:21:11 pm »
colin
a 5 bed house consists of, 5 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms and a hall stairs and landing, + ensuites. if you class the hsl which are usually large + the ensuites as 2 rooms then thats 9 rooms. (minimum). lets say it takes you 10 mins to set up and 10 mins to pack away, that means you clean each room in 17 mins. i'm guessing you don't prevac which is fair enough, but what about edging, do you not edge. are you usain bolt in disguise.
when it comes to speed i'm obviously doing something wrong.

any one out there who have got a 5 bed full house to clean with furniture, and can do it in under 3 hours, please can i come and watch to see how the pros do it. (north westish only)
ps, can i bring norris mcwhirter along cos i reckon it'll go in the book.

please note, i'm writing this with envy and not like i don't believe you guys. i just need to get faster for when the time comes.
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 05:57:21 pm »
Colin I like quite a few cups of tea but 3 hours :o that's approx 1 hr up stairs and 1 hour down and then stairs and set up and set down.

Is there only Kryptonite that can slow you down?

Shaun