Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

ALLERGY STOP - Any Good???
« on: August 24, 2008, 06:44:08 pm »
How many of you guys make money from selling this product or similar?

Does it actually work?

Has anyone with allergy symptoms such as dust mite allergies or rhinitis used it in there own homes with any success??

Paul Kinder Clean

markpowell

Re: ALLERGY STOP - Any Good???
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 08:26:24 pm »
I have tried it on my own carpets Paul because my son suffers with allergies to dust.
It does no more than a thorough vac every couple of days.
Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 09:01:03 pm »
I agree with Mark, but AS is a marketing exercise IMO depends on how good you are at selling it??

How's your YPages going on Mark? mine is poo!!

Shaun

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 09:01:35 pm »
Hi Guys

I still have the same reservations I always had, that using an enzyme is likely to cause further problems in the future.

Lots of asthmatics are sensitised by enzymes, catlysts which enhance / enable a reaction but are not themselves changed, so remain for further cataltic action.

Enzymes are effective at very low concentrations, like 1 part per million.

Cheers

Doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 04:29:04 am »
Doug will you be raising your concerns at the reluanch?

Doug Holloway

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 09:32:24 am »
Hi Ian

It's something I would raise on the forums and if I go I will speak to Gunter about it but pretty much know what he will say.

The thing about the whole allergy situation is there are many different  opinions and people selling different products.

I am of the view that every treatment has side effects and that by minimising the amount of chemical, such as by thorough vacuuming must be better in the long run.

Cheers

Doug

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 09:37:07 am »
Strangely, i have testimonials from customers praising the products and it's benefits  ::)

One customer had all carpets cleaned with AS and literally stated "That night was the first night her husband slept in the same bed for whole night" ............ normally has snoring woke them up and he went to spare room!! Her 2 yr old daughter was also coughing through the night and that stopped instantly .............. continued effect was maintained with Room Spray product.  The same customer had all new carpets in her new build house treated at a cost of £900+, before they moved in............ i recovered my investment in AllergSTOP from one customer alone!!

That is why i wish to maintain my supply  ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 09:42:57 am »
Chris

I'm not disputing that enzymes work, I had some amazing results on a urine soaked nursing home bedroom, just by spraying an enzyme based product I developed.

It was during this development that I became aware of sensitisation issues from talking to chemists at the enzyme manufacturers, technical guys know how to talk to other technical guys, it's suprising how forthcoming they can be.

My instinct tells me that the enzyme approach is going to lead to other sensitisations, of course I may be wrong.

Cheers

Doug

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 09:44:10 am »
Well done Chris.

You "sold" a service and it has paid off for you.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 10:08:40 am »
Chris

A question for you, If you cleaned using conventional products could the same benefit not have happened to your clients. Lower dust levels, all horribles taken from carpet can and does have same results. Have had customers come back to me saying similar whilst using non allergy products.

I am just asking because I am not convinced and I have used Alltecs products alot for this type of work when customer has asked for it and am not at all sure whether I am selling a service that makes no difference to any normal cleaning.

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 10:38:30 am »
Possibly but as i said, AllergSTOP usage lasted longer and room spray had continued effect. One off clean then i supply sprays as and when the customer feels they need them. 
Similar situation to customers that tell me they feel that my use of microsplitters means they notice carpets/sofas take longer to resoil .................. even though the 'detergent boys' will be screaming that they leave NO RESIDUES  ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 12:37:51 pm »
Im now wondering where Promite fits in

The Pre Spray was designed to kill Mites

And the Protector to provide 18 months to the carpet.

I presume the Room Spray protects the air in the room

markpowell

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 12:54:30 pm »
I agree with Mark, but AS is a marketing exercise IMO depends on how good you are at selling it??

How's your YPages going on Mark? mine is poo!!

Shaun

To be honest Shaun the YP and is up and down, 1 day can get 5 calls then none for a fortnight. Wont be re-newing next time.
I am going to throw all my marketing spend into the internet and carry on with the leaflets.
Mark

Doug Holloway

Nick Vassilev

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 01:04:33 pm »
Did not make any money from AllergStop  :(

kinder clean

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 01:37:40 pm »
Hi Doug

I suffer with eczema and have dust mite dropping allergy, are there any products you would recommend for use in the bedroom, to seal the mattress and maybe treat quilt and pillows?

Paul

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 02:15:56 pm »
Put pillows in plastic bag then into freezer for couple of hours  ;)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 02:33:57 pm »
Hi Paul

Thiinks Chris's idea is to slow down mites activities.

One idea I came across when looking at this was to reduce the realative humidity, dust mites become virtually inactive at 50 % RH.

Also worth washing cases, sheets in non biological powder, those enzymes again.

Cheers

Doug

garyj

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 03:22:48 pm »
One of the reasons that make these products harder to sell at a high price is they are readily available through the internet and shopping catalogues in the Sunday Papers.

A high percentage of people suffer from allergies and hay fever in this country and on paper it looks like we are in a great position to be the ones to apply any product and carry out the service, but the reality is it is not asked for very often. Why?

When I first started carpet cleaning I advertised Promite quite heavily, being an allergy sufferer I thought it would be a no-brainer and while I was in the house spraying Promite would be an easy add on, but it never happened. Why?

I could get a pretty good response to selling carpet protector but never Promite ( forget the difference between the products, it does not matter ).

There are a couple of franchises that sell mattress protection, and again on paper it looks good, but again the up take is very small and you get the impression that these guys are struggling to make a living.

I think I am right in saying that AS was advertised in a national magazine, I can only guess it did not do to well because to my knowledge it was never repeated due to cost. But if it had of worked then I can only assume that the people involved would have paid to have it running.

It does look like a product that is worth having on board and mentioning to your customers, especially now it is available without the large licence fee. But for one reason or another the public just do  not want to try this product.

Most allergy sufferers and people particularly sensitive to mites will already be using non-allergy bedding and pillows, most have been brainwashed into getting rid of their carpets in favour of hard floors (a wrong assumption I know, but you still hear it being banded about on these tele programmes) and it looks like they are prepared to live with the condition rather than shell out any more money, or they are buying similar products cheaper from the Magazines.

To me it looks a huge market but the general public just is not interested in giving it a go, there will always be the odd few that will try anything but on the whole no matter how hard you try it does not seem to sell. I wish I knew why.

Joe H

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 03:30:41 pm »
Good post Garyj.