Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MNWC

Re: Professional Window Cleaner Magazine - Gone to Press!
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2008, 11:30:26 am »
had one many months ago good magazine

but i will not subscribe £25.00 and for that reason im out !  ;D

matt

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2008, 11:40:10 am »
Didn't realise that this was an old topic at first and thought that here had been a relaunch. There have been a few comments on here that may or may not be true, one was that a big shot helped put it on a business footing but demanded the founder share the risk, which for most of us would mean putting the house on the line. There was another comment about someone selling double glazing in a supermarket entrance......

So basicaly apart from repeating these comments I don't know either.

the story of how the mag happened to fall into the clutches of the dark side are common knowledge, i belive philip explained what happened at the time

poleman

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2008, 01:15:43 pm »
Well going by what Toss said! Mr Hanson is now working in a Supermarket  :o  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2008, 01:26:04 pm »
Well going by what Toss said!

I do hope that was a typo.  It's Tosh, not Toss!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2008, 01:50:35 pm »

Well, I dunno Tossh.....? ;D
It's a game of three halves!

pjulk

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2008, 07:55:11 pm »
Quote from: Poleman on Today at 01:15:43pm

Tosh said

That made my day  ;D ;D ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2008, 08:00:46 pm »
i cannot belive philip is working in a supermarket now, he knows all you need to buy is a ironics machine and you instantly earn 2 K a week  ;) ;) ;)

Tosh

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2008, 08:07:48 pm »
I don't think Philip is actually working for a Supermarket, but I did read on this forum that he was seen in a Supermarket selling double glazing; at the door.

pjulk

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2008, 08:21:22 pm »
Im surprised he did not go back to window cleaning.

But i don't think he did it for long when he did clean windows anyway.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2008, 08:43:25 pm »
I think he is still here but has taken the 5th amendment

Tosh

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2008, 08:44:22 pm »
I think he is still here but has taken the 5th amendment

The right to bare arms?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2008, 08:46:28 pm »
no the right to not speak

Moderator David@stives

matt

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2008, 08:50:25 pm »
might have had a clause in his contract

his soul

no sorry i meant he had to keep quiet about the whole thing

Tosh

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2008, 09:06:54 pm »
no the right to not speak

I know, I know; I'm joking and I've got bare arms in my avatar too!

You can't help feeling sorry for poor Philip though.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2008, 09:39:17 pm »
Tosh

I feel sorry for no-one not even you lol.

At least the lad had a go, you cant put anyone down for trying.

Every enterpeneur has failed somewhere along the line. no doubt he will make a success of himself elsewhere.

Funny thing the window cleaning world, very cloak and dagger , lots of backstabbing and paranoia going on, maybe i should write a book

Tosh

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2008, 10:17:29 pm »
Funny thing the window cleaning world, very cloak and dagger , lots of backstabbing and paranoia going on, maybe i should write a book

No, Dave, it would be a boring one, and I'd need to help you with the spelling 'n' stuff.

Stick to shining those windows, mate.

G & M

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2008, 11:03:27 am »
Phil, have you considered an online versions of the magazine as it would be a lot cheaper to produce and instantly downloadable.
Just a thought
Michael

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2008, 01:51:32 pm »
A good thought too G&M , so can we take it from the know but can't say comments that the publication, or the original concept no longer exists?

I thought the bit about the soul was funny Matt, but the kit is good and the money made is on a par, so it is a little bitter of us to be too critical.

I've always given Phil a hard time on here because i found him long winded (from an editor this drives me mad), but I thought the mag etc was of a very high standard. Two fella's on here had a go and even with lots of support from fellow posters were unable to put together even a mock issue, and managed to put off some potential advertisers before they had even started.So it is a very difficult thing to do.

I suppose the problems are editorial- finding enought interesting stuff every issue without cramming it with only one supplier; being honest and allowing people a say without offending advertisers, and then from the business end something that shifts volume and interests Joe Shrim isn't the same mag as maybe someone with a few vans and wanting to know how service ceo works would want to read.

Of course a pretty girl on the front always helps.

WCE

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2008, 04:05:57 pm »
A good thought too G&M , so can we take it from the know but can't say comments that the publication, or the original concept no longer exists?

I thought the bit about the soul was funny Matt, but the kit is good and the money made is on a par, so it is a little bitter of us to be too critical.

Two fella's on here had a go and even with lots of support from fellow posters were unable to put together even a mock issue, and managed to put off some potential advertisers before they had even started. So it is a very difficult thing to do.
Wrong Discount Just because I haven't posted anything for a while about it does not mean nothing has been going on. The project is still very much alive and progress has been made. The whole reason we haven't shown you anything is because before we have been making sure that everything was thought out and that we don't end up rushing out the first issue, putting out something below standard and ending up out of our depth although you would love that wouldn't you as you seem to want us to fail. As for advertisers who did we put off? If you are talking about Peter Fogwill then what actually happened was he said he wouldn't submit his products for review unless I would guarantee that the review   only contained the positive points about the product and that no mention of negative aspects of a product were mentioned. Thats his choice - maybe he lacks confidence in his products I don't know but to be honest I would never want to review a product with these restrictions in place anyway as I feel that would be  doing a dis-service to our readers. We don't want to do hatchet jobs on anyone but if there was a genuine shortcoming then we would like the option to mention it. Look at Alex Gardiner when he hears a bit of negative feedback does he throw his toys out of the pram? No, what he does is he looks at a problem/shortcoming and then tries to come up with improvements/solutions. This is how is should be IMO and thats the kind of people we want to work with, not people who are going to censor us. Anyway back to the magazine. An announcement will be made shortly regarding development news. This is a project that wont be rushed.  Don't write us off yet, I will agree with you about one thing. It's not as easy as you think  ;)       
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!