Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sherco

leaflets
« on: August 21, 2008, 05:35:04 pm »
I had to meet a builder today to look at cleaning a stone floor, anyway he phoned me to say he would be late, so i was parked up near a housing estate and i had some cc leaflets in the van so i thought i would deliver some, i probably put about 50 through letterboxes this was at midday, well i have just got in and i have had four people phone me up already...either I'm very lucky or its a very grubby estate  ;D
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

derek west

Re: leaflets
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:51:11 pm »
how many of the 4 have you converted?

sherco

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 05:55:47 pm »
What to having a tiled floor?

derek west

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 06:27:30 pm »
i despair, i really do.

sherco

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 06:52:54 pm »
i despair, i really do.
You have lost me now! what do you dispair?

Bob Robertson

Bob Robertson

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 07:03:05 pm »
He means how many of the 4 calls have you booked in as jobs.

sherco

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »
I'm looking at them tomorrow evening, all I'm saying is that i'm surprised i got that many calls, i know i havent got the jobs yet and they might be complete time wasters.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 04:00:10 am »
On Tuesday I had a team of three putting out fanous Pink Flyer on High End Estates

For a total of 9  man hours

Not one reply

I know it happened I was there

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 07:53:42 am »
Not a good time Ian just before a summer bank holiday. May get some response after Monday.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 12:52:08 pm »
Yep

I did think of that before we did it, but decided to carry on

Out again Next week.

I try to keep a day free for Marketing if not I would not do it.

clinton

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 12:55:05 pm »
Ian what sort of ratio do you get from the flyers?

Did i read in a post that you printed your own ???

Am sure they will keep them and you might get calls in september from them.. :)

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 01:30:29 pm »
I've been leafleting Granny estates last few weeks.

I think this was an idea I read from Mike Halliday. Certainly helps smooth over the hols, that and some commercial.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 07:57:31 pm »
Yes i print my own

Usually 3 in a thousand

Funny thing is most of my work is coming from older terrace houses rather than the new estates

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 08:20:25 pm »
Ian have you ever worked out the costs of printing your own?

wondered what teh costs were and what size are you printing on and what colour?

Shaun

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 10:30:12 am »
I print my own and find it cheaper to fill up mycartridges when empty. The secret of filling up cartridges is not to let them run out completely or the built in jets burn out causing streaky printing.

I have an old HP deskjet 6127 that uses the big cartridges. I bought this printer new around six years ago and these were found in offices. It does not have all the functions available on account there not being the correct driver for it in Vista, so i picked the nearest driver that Vista had and it works adequately.

The two cartridges are about £18 on ebay and will print around 2500 pages @A4 and i print two leaflets per A4 page. The ink is £20 on ebay for four colours and will refill the cartridges around 4 times.

A box of 2500 A4 sheets is £12 in Tesco so again cheap.

Another project that i am working on is my other printer which is a bigger office jet printer with 4 seperate print heads and 4 cartridges and i have bought a continuous ink system for this where you just keep filling up the ink reservoir outside of the printer when running low instead of filling the cartridges direct. These systems are around £30 on ebay for 4 replacement cartridges that reset themselves when the printer is turned back on, the reservoir and the ink.

They are available for a lot of printers. The only problem with inked leaflets is the wet weather of course when they will run. We have given out around 7000 leaflets in three weeks only and have pulled in £2600 approx of work which we were surprised at and as Ian has said, most of this is from the street houses.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 11:43:22 am »
Shaun

When the rotary printer is working I have two colour drums  on A4 both size ink is as cheap as chips job does not take long

At present using Lazer buy toner on ebay so works out at about £6 a thousand  on A4 80g or £7 on 90gm white £9 on pastel paper if  you buy in bulk but only one colour print  but production a bit slow
OK if you have DVD on etc or on Cleanitp  while you doing it.

derek west

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 11:57:54 am »
i get my cartridges brand new for 50p each, epson compatibles, epson are the best printers for cheap compatible inks, and most epson models take a continuous ink system like someone else mentioned. lexmark and hp are the dearest inks, but you can refill them 1 or twice before they start to clog up. and be careful when filling up coloured ones cos if you fill to full the chambers get contaminated with diferent colours and then youve haad it.
derek

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 04:27:25 am »
Derek

How do you set up Epsoms for continuous feed

I have  success  refilling Hp and get about 6 refils out of cartridge but never had much luck with epsom

But would like to for printing Guides etc

derek west

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 07:56:40 am »
continuous feeds are specific to each epson, they cost between 30 and 60 pounds then u need to buy the seperate inks, some epsons can't use them, what model epson do you have,
you can also refill epson cartridges if you dont want a continuous feed but you need a chip resetter, you could also benefit from stopping the in built cartridge counter cos when you have put in a certain amount of cartridges your epson will shut down and tell you, you need a service.
continuous ink systems have a bay of cartridges which slot into where your normal carts go then have a feed of plastic tubes which leed out of your printer to refillable pots, you just top them up, never used them myself but i sold plenty when i was in the game.
derek
ps, don't go for the cheapest bottles of ink, there usually inferior and block your heads.