Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CARPET KNIGHTS

Rotovac 360
« on: August 12, 2008, 04:11:26 pm »
I Bought one from Solution uk yesterday and first impressions are very good!

Cleaned my tiled kitchen floor with it last night and used it on my jobs today. Results were great.

Still need to get used to it though as it is a bit more awkward than a normal rotary as you have all the associated plumbing to it.

It also seemed to lift the pile a great deal too.

I will keep you all updated but so far i like it.

Comes with a marketing cd too which has loads of different photos you can use for leaflets and stuff.

there is a bloke on you tube that says he uses his on stairs but don't really see how this would be possible, the over spray from the portion not touching the step would be rediculous.

Cheers Goron

Ps. everybody get one

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Rotovac 360
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 04:13:44 pm »
Goron if you take off the front plate or head then it will reveal the stair cleaner which is actually the 'swinger'  :o

Shaun

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 04:20:58 pm »
Steady now shaun,
Last night it was Wash and go and other shampoo's now well need I say more! :-\

Goron,
I too have looked at the 360 and thought what a nice bit of kit this would be, as you say ideal for the domestic market.
I've had the RX 20 all singing with the hard floor head and have still got a Power glide ( double what you have there) and thought Hmm maybe a 360 would be good.
Lets us know how you get on with it.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 05:33:05 pm »
If you can remember (I know you're getting old) Dave we had a long conversation about rotovac about 12-18 months ago, we'd sussed that the 360 was just a swinger with a hat on to stretch the vacuum ports to a wider area.

Goron

h ttp://www.rotovaccorp.com/stairpro_powerhead_machine.htm

Shaun

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 05:55:36 pm »
didnt no you were a swinger shaun.......jsut shows you eh it takes alsorts... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 05:58:48 pm »
Look forward to some feedback Goron, both for carpets and head floors if you can.
Like....
how well does it clean
is it easier then a wand
quicker then a wand
drier then a wand
whatever...

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 06:11:46 pm »
To answer you Joe, it may be damper but that may depend on you, domestically when I had a drimaster it was cumbersome as you are stuck with all of the pipes around you with a wand you seem to be more in control.Speed depends on soiling but it will out clean a wand on bad areas.

Shaun

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 06:52:32 pm »
Spot on Shaun we did say it looked like the swinger, The be truthfull the only way I'd go back to machanical cleaning is if I was to start running Chemical through my machine  rather than an acid rinse.
I still prefere the Scub & dwell aspect of the cleaning pie!
I think its an age thing myself, besides though I've moved south I'm a northerner at heart and tight with it.
How much again did you you say that half a Rota vac was :-\

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 07:03:49 pm »
I agree Dave but you just haven't got a bit of power you have TM power which elimates a % of the pie, power heads are great if you have open carpet IMO like Simon on his Jane McDonalds but in the home I'd rather run in with a rotary if required and then HWE after.

Shaun

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 07:42:59 pm »
Now your talking kid,
Thats where I pull the old power glide and pretend I'm mowing the lawn.

What I could do with is a small rotary something like a 12" for the domestic enviroment. I was looking at  clenecare's light weight  one,  the one without the rear wheels. If anyone has use one of these it would be handy to know how it performs on carpet?

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 07:51:32 pm »
Goron

You brought one???????? think I will give another company a ring had a 360 on loan for a week gave it back, lets see if they have the swinger

Can you elaborate? (as you have all the associated plumbing to it.)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 08:03:57 pm »
Can't find clenecare's rotary but powrflight do one 13"

ht tp://www.amtechuk.biz/floor_machines.php

Shaun

mark_roberts

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 05:05:17 pm »
Alright Dave, is the English division of Ultraclean making a come back!!

Texatherm have a new 13inch rotary which comes with a 20kg weight you can add or take off depending what your doing.  Really handy Id say for hardfloors.

Mark

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 05:11:06 pm »
Thanks Shaun

Think i will stick to my stair tool for now though, can you imagine taking the machine apart to come down the stairs!

Been playing with it again today and am still very impressed, really shows what the wand isn't doing!

As for dryness, i had always heard that rotovacs left the carpet really wet bet then i was shown how to use one properly by the head honcho from safeclean and it blew me away. The carpet was dryer than with the wand. Yesterday the carpet that i did was okay for dryness but todays was very good for dryness which i put down to me getting used to the machine.

Results are outstanding as i have already said really shows what the wand isn't doing! Today did a hall and it brought up that bit outside the kitchen with ease :o.

Dave £1,495.00 which includes the hard floor head!

Len

Yes i bought it on the understanding that i could take it back after a week if i couldn't get on with it! When i say plumbing i mean vac hose and solution hose which obviously aren't there on a standard rotary machine. Like shaun said you do tend to get a pile of hoses around your feet which doesn't seem to be there when wanding for some reason but no doubt i will get used to it!

Cheers Goron

Jim_77

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 08:37:52 pm »
Try chucking them over your shoulder?  Maybe that would get annoying or a bit heavy, I don't know... That's what I do with my rotary cable to stop it getting under my feet, bit different with solution and vac hose, and possibly a bit hotter!