Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

copper/brass transfer
« on: August 11, 2008, 10:10:01 pm »
did a whole down stairs for a lady on a red wool carpet throughout, when doing the survey i noticed that there was a big circular stain in the corner, when i asked she said she had a plant pot that had copper or brassbands going around it, the result was that it had turned the carpet a purpley pink colour, i confirmed i couldnt do anything about it and did the clean. she was over the moon with the job and i have been back since to do a bedroom and going back next week to do another bedroom, so no problems for me, but i can't help wondering if i could of got the stain out, in my opinion the carpet looked bleached by the copper, the truckmount wouldn't get it out and i tried with a mild solvent to no avail.
i would of loved to of got it out.
was i right or could i of got it out?
derek

Re: copper/brass transfer
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:23:17 pm »
Hi Derek
I think you are correct in that the carpet is bleached.
If the pink is light in colour and the carpet has also gone lighter then there is very little you can take out.
Did you try a rust eraser(i use a stapro product)in a small area to test clean
But if the custy is happy why worry? by trying you could make it worse.

Daryl

markpowell

Re: copper/brass transfer
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 10:29:27 pm »
Derek,
I have seen this type of damage before, there is nothing you could have done except re-dye the fibres.
mark