Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

For those who use flyer marketing
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:14:06 am »
I have read some threads saying with flyer marketing, they hit the same area over and over -

A - Is this a hard & fast rule, or do some try different areas with each batch

B - If so how long between each hit

C - No disrespect to C/H owners, but does anyone hit council estates with any success

Cheers

Paul

davep

Re: For those who use flyer marketing
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:28:55 pm »
A - Try different areas but not as a one off, they only work at there best if recovered.

B - Between 4 - 8 weeks

C - You get just as much from smaller houses, the more money people have the harder it is to get it off them!  People with smaller incomes dont replace things as often as big earners and so may want things cleaned.

Can you tip me off to that sign writing site again as cant find it..

Ta

Dave

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 03:14:31 pm »
You find Social housing on all new estates as 20% to 25% of the developments have to be dedicated to Sociial Housing.

Depends what Market you go for but I have just been To a Council flat and come home with £150.  The one I did before that I came out with £120

davep

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 03:44:33 pm »
Funny business, i did a job and agreed £95 with the lady of the home.  Turned up and there is a nice Ferrari outside.  Not exactly skint..

Did the job and he asked 'how much was it?'  he was gobsmacked when i said £95..  asked if he could use my 10% discount flyer!   ::)

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 04:41:59 pm »
Yeah Dave ive been to houses like that before...the more money they have the tighter they are! It's the little old dears who wanna tip you the odd tenner...and do I take it?

Too right I do!!!

John

clinton

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 04:43:23 pm »
 :) some people are like that dave ;D

Depends what council estates you target.

Some big estate in a district about 5 miles away from me and i never had any work and would not want it either.

Another a bit futher away and i get a little bit of work fron it.

Would not bother with leaflet distribution mind you on there.

markpowell

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 07:21:29 pm »
Same Leaflet, same houses once every 6 weeks.
mark

John Kelly

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 07:59:49 pm »
During the floods last year some of the lads were working in Hull, Tewksbury and the Cotswolds.
On some of the council estates in Hull people were offering them 20 quids to get a pint in appreciation of the help they had been. Awfull, dirty backbreaking work.

One lad in the Cotswolds, he's a big strapping lad with a few tattoos but salt of the earth, asked the lady of the house if he could use the toilet. She let him and when he left she rang the insurance company and complained that he had been intimidating. Some of the poshies don't even offer you a cup of tea. Some do, but on the council estates its as soon as you walk in the door.

Born and bred on one of the roughest estates in Newcastle.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 10:01:16 pm »
John

When I was a retail Manager in Newcastle I got a verbal warning for giving sombody off  one of the rough Newcastles estates a job.

I resigned 3 months after that/

Forgot to say the ones I did today one gave me a £10 tip the other a £5

Plus I had 3 cups of coffee made from Coffe Nero Beans

spindle

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 08:39:23 am »
2 jobs yesterday
1=£140
2=90

and i got coffee at both...........although the £90 job was in a million ££ house....

no tip >:( ;) ;D
life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!

carlton care

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 08:55:52 am »
Interesting point about council estates..................C/D have always leafleted council estates around my locality and I've seen them working in them frequently.

You can get a false sense of reality from some individuals postings when it comes to targeting prospects.

The reality is and always has been.............

Working class people have always been more cleanlieness conscious and have, in recent years, more disposable income. Fact !

In other words and this was illustrated clearly by a regular poster over the past year, or so, a successful business can be built on servicing these areas.

You might have to price at the middle to lower end, BUT the customer's expectation will be lower and you will spend less time per job, so your hourly rate will often exceed the other guy, who targets private estates.

You may have to treat the job as FULL TIME but you will get paid FULL TIME.

Another point...........

The clients you service in council estates will, in most cases have friends / relatives / wokmates who live elsewhere.

If you offer an honest pricing policy to everyone, giving options, to include / exclude vacuuming, turbo drying, protecting, you can get work from all sectors.

robert m

derek west

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 10:57:28 am »
robert
in my view you should never exclude vaccuuming.
derek

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 07:21:14 am »
Derek

If you are charging a high price you are correct, but on budget type cleans somthing has to give.

davep

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 11:14:41 am »
But if you miss out the vac then maybe the rinse will take longer due to the debris left behind.  Vaccing just makes the whole job easier?

Jim_77

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 02:02:34 pm »
I think what Ian means is that you get the customer to pre-vac, i.e. you get them to do some of the work for you, to lower the price.

Jim_77

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 02:16:53 pm »
And we know how to use them better.  Which is why I don't ever cut deals to exclude pre-vacuuming!

I think a lot of truckmounters do this when taking the high-volume approach, because the extra power of a TM can remove that dreaded tide-mark of sediment that you can sometimes be stumped by with a porty.

derek west

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 02:47:10 pm »
ian
when i first started i wasn't going to pre vac because i had a tm. cleaned my own deep pile carpet for practice then the next day gave it a vaccuum, you wouldn't believe what i got out of it, i was gobsmacked and for that reason i dont offer a cheaper no vac option. for me, if you dont pre vac then your not doing your job properly even if you are offering your services a bit cheaper. its like getting a full service without spark plugs and saving a tenner, doesn't make sense.
derek

kinder clean

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 03:05:19 pm »