Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mattymoos

bonnet buffing machine
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:49:25 pm »
Hi does anyone know of a machine that you put bonnet buffing pads in to heat them up, as i saw a guy using this machine that has hot water in it to put the pads in and heat them up before bonneting carpets

Matt

Joe H

Re: bonnet buffing machine
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 01:00:31 pm »
Sounds like the Texathem system from Textile Cleaning Solutions based near Weston-Super-Mare
texatherm.co.uk   add the www. at the front.
They have a new water heating system now I believe, the "older" one was a stainess steel uit with digital controlled heater.

mattymoos

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 01:08:08 pm »
yep looked at that site not the same, this one was orange/grey looked like a normal carpet machine but wasnt one

Gary Webber

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 03:35:45 pm »
I think you'll find a pic in the new NCCA Newsletter!

Gary

Dave_Lee

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:34:35 pm »
The orange tank is the latest Texatherm System. Im surprised they havent updated their website.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 05:38:21 pm »
I used to use a heater bucket and rotobrite to get a simular effect.

Shaun

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 10:16:08 pm »
i use a prespray, microfibre pads, cold water and get phenominal results-- a lot cheaper too.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Gary Webber

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 07:22:12 am »
What system do you use now Clinton?

Gary

Gary Webber

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 09:15:07 pm »
How is it on stains Clinton, do you have any wick back?

Gary

colin thomas

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 01:24:17 pm »
what is the best way to remove carpet fibres from bonnet pads, the poly-prop type with the green strip across them. is there a quick way?

colin
colin thomas

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »
I wash mine in the washing machine after each use, I don't use much detergent or softener.  I find that gets rid of most of it.  Occasionally I will have a pick at one if it gets bad, sometimes a stiff brush will get rid of some of it.

Only drawback is, sometimes the waste outlet from the machine gets a bit blocked and it doesn't drain very well.  Every couple of months I unscrew the waste access on the front of the machine and suck out all the gunge with my portable and a crevice tool.  I guess half of the crud is just the normal stuff that builds up through everyday use so it's a good bit of maintenance i suppose!

One thing worth remembering is that if you're getting your bonnet really badly caked in carpet fibres, you're causing a bit of damage to the carpet!  Maybe running too dry or dwelling in one place too long.

Gary Webber

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 09:25:24 pm »
Hi Clinton,

I have the Texatherm system, always been happy with the results, plus I have a lot of maintenance and repeat work so I like the fact the carpets neutralised and left ph neutral. It helps now I have the EMV as it doubles as a heater tank so I can clean carpets by either Extraction or Texatherm!

Gary