Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

will xmas be dead
« on: August 07, 2008, 08:14:12 am »
i'm guessing at xmas time cc will be dead as a dodo, surely no one has there carpets cleaned at this time, as a newbie who has never done xmas in this business ive no idea if this is so,
is it dead?
when does it start going dead?
and when do custys start ringing again

i'm guessing it starts going dead around the 10th when the trees start going up and then around the 12 of jan when everythings back to normal.

i suppose a bit of comercial would help out to keep the money coming in.
or do we all just F-O to the bahamas ;D

craigp

Re: will xmas be dead
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:33:11 am »
Derek, the oppisite is true!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 08:46:54 am »
November & December - the BUSIEST time of the year!
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 08:48:18 am »
It always amazes me how many want to have carpets cleaned in December, just to ask their friends and long lost relatives around to tread mince pie into the pile and spill the wine.
Sensible ones wait till after Xmas - but I take what comes along and always grateful for it.

Last year I did my last carpet clean on the afternoon of Dec 24th

derek west

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 08:57:26 am »
i'm gobsmacked, the 24th, did you have to move the tree joe. some people eh!
oh well, there goes my xmas hols
derek

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 09:21:36 am »
The hard part is working around the tree Derek.

Getting the wand tangled with the electric cable spells disater, also walking backward into the tree whilst wanding!

You need quick reactions sometimes.

R-CLEAN

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 04:03:36 pm »
yes people want a nice clean house for christmas doesn't matter what it is. Am a window cleaner to and people always ask if we will do a extra clean for them on the week running up to christmas or if we'll do the back if its a front only job etc.

This will be the first christmas doing carpets with the windows so i should be rather busy. Hopefully anyway  ;D

Ralph

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 04:32:05 pm »
I'm slightly suprised that somebody who has obviously done a great deal of research on the hardware front to the point of buying a TM as their first CC machine doesn't know when the busiest times are going to be.

Feb-March seem to be the worst time of year for me, and school holidays.

Glynn

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 04:48:45 pm »
Your right there Mike.
What is a good month anyway ?.
Regards
Glynn

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 05:40:07 pm »
I've got December may be 1/2 full, I ask them if they want to book for next year to guarantee their spot (only with A1 customers though)

Shaun

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 05:59:57 pm »
Nice.  :)

markpowell

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 06:16:05 pm »
Yes Derek i think you will be in for a surprise, i lost as much money last december as i made because i simply couldnt fit anyone else in, i was fully booked from the 10th and every other call from then until xmas eve had to be refused.
Mark

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 06:16:11 pm »
Its the same with people wanting new carpet.

Every year December is manic - hope its the same this year with busy cleaning on top.

And they always seem to want the new carpet just in time for 20 people to trapse all over it xmas day - this year I will be asking them if they want it cleaned a week after I have fitted it  ;D

Steve

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 06:37:43 pm »
Steve

Maybe you could offer a 'platinum' package Fit in DEC, spot clean in Jan and price accordingly.

I guess pre-Christmas is another excuse to get a TM, if you lose half your business because you can't cope, that money might go some way to paying for it.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 06:58:17 pm »
From Oct onwards things really start to get busy, also find Jan to be a good month

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 10:01:36 pm »
When I first started, the year followed a pattern- Nov-Dec was manic, Jan & 1/2 Feb was dead ( I used to work in the engineering again) Mar Ap built up, May June July OK, Aug dead, OK upto Nov again.

Now I do as much in Jan & Aug as any month, the whole thing has evened out except for Nov Dec--   God bless Aunty Flo!!

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 08:10:56 am »
Ive never had a Customer on Christmas Day?

Peter Dawson

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 09:54:31 pm »
Last year was my second xmas, Dec was booked up before end of Nov. Xmas trees are definitely a nightmare, Knocked one over last year but got it back up before customer returned, never did find the fairy!
Peter

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 10:19:47 am »
i find i get a hugh increase in calls ,mostly from peasants that want stuff doing cheap cause the auntie is coming to stay, but i have found that there a more smaller py jobs, so it appears to be busier but the last couple, for me takings have been good but not brilliant
my two best months are July and August
August out doing every month by a long way.