This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tomy jackson

Re: new supalite brushes
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 06:21:54 pm »
not on topik but why are slugs going up windows at this time of year , do the slugs konw sum thing we dont

Kevin R

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 06:25:08 pm »
I was told they eat the spiders eggs  :P

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 07:07:38 pm »
So which is the better brush single or double trim for doing maintanance cleans and builders cleans?

Personally I would use a single trim for builders cleans unless it was at 40ft+ and then I would use a dual trim.

TDW

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008, 11:48:38 pm »
Alex

Would you say the single trim is better for slug lines? Sorry to go on about it but i really had to put some elbow grease into it on friday to get them off with the dual trim.

Tim

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 09:10:17 am »
Alex

Would you say the single trim is better for slug lines? Sorry to go on about it but i really had to put some elbow grease into it on friday to get them off with the dual trim.

Tim

Hi Tim

I haven't specifically tested either of them on slug lines but I would imagine the single trim would be slightly better.

Dave Turley

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 12:34:53 pm »
tim go hot and never worry about slug lines ever again   ;D :D

jaykie

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 04:36:51 pm »

Youll never have to worry about them as the heat will crack the glass and you get it replaced for £70slug trails all gone.

dd

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 09:52:47 pm »
As they cost 57p each to manufacture I think it's a reasonable cost and will help fund the extravagant lifestyle that I intend to have one day.................
Here is the 57p quote Alex

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 10:06:34 pm »

Youll never have to worry about them as the heat will crack the glass and you get it replaced for £70slug trails all gone.

I'm hot for over a year now,.. no cracked glass at all yet,...

NWH

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 10:08:23 pm »
As they cost 57p each to manufacture I think it's a reasonable cost and will help fund the extravagant lifestyle that I intend to have one day.................
Very tounge in cheek if you ask me,even at 57p each Alex would have to sell loads as he`s got 6 screaming kids lol. ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 07:33:38 am »

;D.  I thought the tongue in cheek was pretty obvious there. The whole thread was a good natured one wasn't it?  Mind you that was back last Summer. The socket, screws and sticker cost more than that before you even get to the stock and bristles!

Dave Turley

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 07:40:11 am »
turn down flow, no cracked glass   ::)

dd

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2009, 08:18:56 pm »
I was suprised at the 57p qoute, but if you can buy a bentley brush for £1.44 from asda, it is not unrealistic to believe an unjetted brush can be manufactured for 57p.

simbag

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2009, 08:24:30 pm »
i have used both the dual trim brush and the single trim brush today and i have got to say i found the single trim the best it seems to have a lot more scrubbing power in my opinion.
   whilst on the subject i think the price of £29.95 + vat is a bit overpriced for a brush but alex will know what it has cost him to get these produced and all his other equipment is competively priced so i guess i will just have to bite the bullet when paying.

Don't know how anyone can think that they're pricey, I had been buying the bentley brushes for 2 years, and recently (as workload has increased) I was getting through at least one a month, since I got the new ones I fitted them in August, and haven't changed them yet! I think that makes them bloody good value! Every pole I have is now fitted with one.

As for which is best, I think I much prefer the single trim.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2009, 08:42:51 pm »
I was suprised at the 57p qoute, but if you can buy a bentley brush for £1.44 from asda, it is not unrealistic to believe an unjetted brush can be manufactured for 57p.

You cannot buy in a Bentley brush at anywhere near cost price of 57p.  With my original post at 57p I thought my subsequent comment of how this was going to fund my extravagant future lifestyle would have given the game away as a joke (even if I was going to fund a future extravagant lifestyle I probably wouldn't post it on a forum  ;D).

Unfortunately it is unrealistic to think that a quality brush can be manufactured for less than a price of a Bentley brush that is sold in the 100,000's.

There are two things that make a real difference to the price of these two brushes (Bentley v Super-Lite):

1.  The Bentley's stock is made from very cheap injection moulded plastic in quantities of no less than 30,000 units at a time (I know because we used to buy a lot of stuff from Bentley).  By comparison, the Super-Lite's stock is made in much smaller batches of 100's at a time from high quality, high density stock material (I'm not going to say exactly which material for obvious reasons).

2.  The bristles on the Bentley are made from very cheap nylon material and held in with zinc-plated staples, both of which cost very little to produce.  The Super-Lite is made from non-nylon, high quality material (once again, I'm not going to say exactly what) and are held in with stainless steel staples.

dd

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 08:45:01 pm »
Will probably buy a sl brush one day, but I would be happy to pay more than the current price if Alex used Dupont nylon bristles, similar to the tucker brush, which IMO is unsurpassed.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 08:50:20 pm »
Will probably buy a sl brush one day, but I would be happy to pay more than the current price if Alex used Dupont nylon bristles, similar to the tucker brush, which IMO is unsurpassed.

Have you tried a Super-Lite brush?  There are a lot of clients that prefer the bristle material on the Super-Lite to the Tucker Dupont nylon. However, there are those that prefer the Tucker to the Super-Lite. Mainly it's a question of personal preference as they both clean the glass very efficiently.

It's worth noting that the flocked bristles are completely different again to the mono-filament bristles.

dd

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2009, 08:55:27 pm »
Alex, I haven't tried your sl brush yet but will one day.

I have seen and examined one and my view is that the tucker has superior scrubbing ability.

I don't mean to be critical as your products get consistently good reviews and you come across as a helpful guy.

Regards, dd

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2009, 09:15:40 pm »
Alex, I haven't tried your sl brush yet but will one day.

I have seen and examined one and my view is that the tucker has superior scrubbing ability.

I don't mean to be critical as your products get consistently good reviews and you come across as a helpful guy.

Regards, dd

I was interested to see if you had tried the Super-Lite as obviously you are a big fan of the Tucker brush (which I also rate highly) and I value people's side by side comparison as I am always looking to improve products.

I like criticism (well, to a point  :)) as some of the improvements we have made over the years have been directly as a result of feedback from clients.  Just because we consistently get good reviews, doesn't mean our products are the best.  However, I would like them to be the best which is why constant re-examining of each facet of each product is important.

windowswashed

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2009, 09:25:53 pm »

Have you tried a Super-Lite brush?  There are a lot of clients that prefer the bristle material on the Super-Lite to the Tucker Dupont nylon. However, there are those that prefer the Tucker to the Super-Lite. Mainly it's a question of personal preference as they both clean the glass very efficiently.

It's worth noting that the flocked bristles are completely different again to the mono-filament bristles.

I use both Tucker & Gardiner super lite brushes. The Tucker definitely scrubs better without a shadow of a doubt, especially on stubborn marks, bood pooh, initial cleans. However, I've noticed, if using hot wfp with Tucker's dupont bristles, they agitate (if that's the right word), a minority of old black rubber seals, (south facing windows) and allows black runs from top seal to run down onto glass, whereas with Gardiners super lite brush the bristles don't react at all when using hot wfp. Can't have the best of both worlds, but it would be nice if the super lite brush had more bristles crammed into the stock giving extra scrubbing power.