This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trevor perry

new supalite brushes
« on: August 01, 2008, 01:55:11 pm »
i have used both the dual trim brush and the single trim brush today and i have got to say i found the single trim the best it seems to have a lot more scrubbing power in my opinion.
   whilst on the subject i think the price of £29.95 + vat is a bit overpriced for a brush but alex will know what it has cost him to get these produced and all his other equipment is competively priced so i guess i will just have to bite the bullet when paying.

better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Alex Gardiner

Re: new supalite brushes
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:05:00 pm »
As they cost 57p each to manufacture I think it's a reasonable cost and will help fund the extravagant lifestyle that I intend to have one day.................

ftp

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:13:25 pm »
Funny that i was also thinking they were a bit pricey! BUT i also think Alex could easily have chucked another £100 on top of an SLX and got away with it!

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 06:17:34 pm »
Funny that i was also thinking they were a bit pricey! BUT i also think Alex could easily have chucked another £100 on top of an SLX and got away with it!

don't say that ive only a couple of weeks to go untill i can order one  ;D

Kevin R

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 06:17:51 pm »
I used two dual trim brushes on both my poles today and i have to say I think it is an excellent and well designed brush. Not just for the Superlite poles either but any pole.

I have tried many brushes in my time but this one beats them all , no contest  

You can tell that this brush was designed by a window cleaner for window cleaners. Its light, not too stiff or too soft, jetted perfectly and splays beautifully. Doesn't hold dirt which makes rinsing on a dream. Also seems unaffected by hot water.

I guess Alex will be supplying all my brushes from now on.  Well done Alex, another top product  

brett walker

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 10:45:02 pm »
used my new superlite dual trim brush today must say its the best brush ive used to date and i cant believe how light it is, cant wait for the sill brush to come out 8)

regards

Brett

jaykie

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 11:06:25 pm »
Going to try both superlite brushes tomorrow on my new slx  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pj

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 11:15:45 pm »
Next week I have some ideal work for trialling the new dual trim supalite.  I will be comparing it with what I like best ......

I will report back...

TDW

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 11:18:50 pm »
How is the single trim for getting slug lines off?

I have a dual trim on my slx and find it alot more effort than it was with the bentley or vikan.

I want to find out if the extra effort is because it is dual trim or because of the bristles.

Otherwise its great.

Tdw

NWH

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 11:39:42 pm »
A little tip for slug lines,you don`t need to scrub and scrub them till the cows come home.Take your brush and follow the the slug line with it you don`t need to press hard,by brushing it in the line it takes on the glass it will just disapear without hardly any scrubbing.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 11:46:13 pm »
Now that is a tip I can use, that's excellent! Thank you so much for that. :)

Any more tips like that? :)

jaykie

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 10:09:28 am »
Alex have you still got any single trim brushes left as i want to replace my vikan rectangulars.

Chris

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 10:19:14 am »
A little tip for slug lines,you don`t need to scrub and scrub them till the cows come home.Take your brush and follow the the slug line with it you don`t need to press hard,by brushing it in the line it takes on the glass it will just disapear without hardly any scrubbing.
Correct.

10 points. ;D

TDW

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 10:22:25 am »
Thats a good tip generally but yesterday was doing some houses that were covered in slug lines, they always are. They definitely used to clear quicker with the bentley brush.

I was just wondering if the single trim sl brush is any better with slug lines.

ftp

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 11:55:44 am »
Not much, not as quick as the Vikan mono. Can't have everything.  :)

TDW

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 01:38:55 pm »
Might be worth swapping to the vikan for the worse offending slug-affected houses.

sair

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 04:34:14 pm »
Alex, I know you liked VW  crew cabs, but this is no way to get one  ;D
Essentially Pure Ltd

Kevin R

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 04:42:05 pm »

Might work if they went in straight ish lines. I decided to try the tip today but the snail / slugs go in small wiggly lines so very hard to follow  :-[

dmlservices

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 05:23:42 pm »
i find if you switch off water and rub , easily done if you use a trigger they come off a lot quicker

daz

Dean Aspects

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 06:15:09 pm »
So which is the better brush single or double trim for doing maintanance cleans and builders cleans?