Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markpowell

Re: ncca
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 07:23:45 pm »
I have never had a customer ask me about the NCCA in 8 years so as far as i am concerned the NCCA do not do enough to get recognised
Mark

John Gregory

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 07:27:38 pm »
Garyj   when you know you have got a price shopper it's worth pointing out things like insurance etc   Whats happens if someone damages your £1000 tv
explain to customer they should't buy a service on price alone

John

derek west

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 07:36:30 pm »
must admit john, i agree with gary, i show all my customers the truckmount and on carpets to date, ive got 100% hit rate on quotes, the only one i havent got is when i quoted over the phone. so just for the pedantics out there, 99% hit rate.
i do think its wrng that the main body in britain for carpet cleaning hardly ever comes up in search, my betting is theyve never had there site optimised, all though i could be wrong,
but if i'm right then thats not good news for the future of the ncca.
and all though i'm giving the ncca a bit of a ribbing, i'm not ruling them out, i just think maybe they need a wake up call that drags them out of the dark ages.
seo, national press, what about a tv commercial, lets face it, the more exposure they get, the more members they'll get and then the less the so called splash and dash brigade will get work, just my opinion, but what do i know, i'm just a newbie. derek

Len Gribble

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 08:00:20 pm »
Derek

Bit surprised you never done your homework so why beat up on NCCA. ;)

John

You haven’t got a back-up machine. ???

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John Gregory

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 08:02:16 pm »
Len   no  why do you ask

John

John Gregory

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 08:09:56 pm »
sorry clinton no portie i cound do with a back up machine , but not got any spare pennies at the moment

john

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 08:12:34 pm »
The National Carpet Cleaners Association name and the NCCA logo are Registered Trademarks. You need permision to use them. Permission is given to those who have completed the required training, shown proof of Public and Treatment Liability Insurance, paid the membership fee and been accepted as members by the Board of Directors.

When you attend the NCCA Training Course, you will sign a form whereby you agree not to use in any way the Registered Trademarks without permission. But even without this signiture, the law covers the use of Registered Trademarks and successful prosecutions have been made against persistent offenders.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

mark shannon

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 08:13:02 pm »
Derek do a search for Carpet Cleaning.

Ncca does a good job considering its run by volunteers with a couple of admin staff.

If you sell the benefit of membership to your custys it works.

I always make a few hundred a year from direct leads.

IMO all carpet cleaners should support the industry's Trade Association.

John Gregory

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 08:18:31 pm »
Ken , I've got 2 local competitors both claiming to be members of the ncca , is there anything that can be done about it

John

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 08:38:42 pm »
John

Check if they're on the database on the NCCA website. If not phone the NCCA Office on 0116 271 9550 and report them. You will need evidence such as adverts, flyers etc.  If it's a customer who has been decieved, then they will need to make a complaint.

Safe and happy membership :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Len Gribble

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 08:43:02 pm »
John

With the up-most respect why do you get rid of your porty? ???

Derek

The is the key just use NATIONAL CAPRET CLEANERS ASSIOSTION NO ABRVEATION  ;)

Len

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

garyj

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 09:05:56 pm »
Hello Ken,
Derek did ask the question could he say he was NCCA trained and not use the logo.
Surely the answer to that has to be yes!

John Gregory

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 09:14:14 pm »
Len  I've never had a portie , I could do with one as a backup plus sometimes I come across jobs with no access , or I have to turn down flat work etc ,

John

Ray

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 09:16:59 pm »
The NCCA logo is a trademark as is the words National Carpet Cleaners Association

He could say trained by the leading carpets cleaning  industry's Trade Association in the UK.

He then does not have the mention the NCCA.

Ray

Mike Halliday

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 09:24:29 pm »
just typed 'carpet cleaning' into google, the NCCA was at the top of the page, the first free listing.

anything can be used as an advantage when doing quotes, if you know how to sell it.

the best one is being a Limited Company ;) ;)

tell the customer , nowadays when cowboy companies can change there name every week its reassuring to know there are  some reputable companys that can be trusted, as a Limited Company , all our company details are logged with companies house and can be checked on the official government website'

this (I think) sound better than saying I'm in the NCCA, most people have heard of companies house

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 09:29:06 pm »
So for a tenner I can see how much you make ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 09:31:26 pm »
why pay a tenner,  just ask me ;) ;)

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 09:31:55 pm »
I'm doing the NCCA course next week as I intend to become a member.

I'm a firm believer in supporting your own trade organisations, I do it with the NICF.

If you're not a member and you have no desire to be a member then what is there to complain about ?

garyj

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 09:32:12 pm »
I just Googled NCCA as well, and there are other organisations using "NCCA" as an abbreviation. That tells me it is NOT registered or if it is then no body gives a hoot.
I bet no one will come out and say Derek cannot say he was NCCA trained in his literature or website and if he did what could they do anyway?

garyj

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 09:33:51 pm »
How much do you make then Mike  :'(