Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

flyer prices
« on: July 24, 2008, 09:53:07 pm »
just had a quote for 100,000 flyers A5 full colour 130gsm double sided glossy,
price £897 + vat delivered,
does anyone know any where that may do that cheaper without cutting corners.
every penny counts.

Mike Halliday

Re: flyer prices
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:56:49 pm »
no vat on flyers

but its a good price
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 10:04:39 pm »
I didnt know that either.. :)

Steve Chapman

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 11:10:02 pm »
i would be a bit wary of doing 100, 000 in one hit, what if they dont work or you want to change something, thats a lot of duds to be left with,

just a thought

steve

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 11:45:32 pm »
Good point Steve!

Try www.printcarrier.com 100,000 A5 glossy 135g colour for £832.00 inc delivery

John

derek west

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 08:19:45 am »
it'll work steve, and if it doesn't, its only money.
he who dares steve, thats my motto. well one of em.
cheers for that john, saved me a few kronenbergs there.
any one do better than johns £832

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 08:47:45 am »
i would be a bit wary of doing 100, 000 in one hit, what if they dont work or you want to change something, thats a lot of duds to be left with,
just a thought
steve
Its a good point Derek. Not that I have the experiance in this field, but some who have say not al leaflet designs work with the reader as well as others.
Maybe you have a leaflet that you or somebody else has tried and tested and you CAN be sure they work
BUT - what if they dont!
£850+ down the drain  :o

Some others will do a couple of different leaflets at the same time - just to monitor their effectiveness.

Unless the are dead sure they work it is worth considering.

derek west

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 10:33:20 am »
not to worried about if they work or not, chances are they wont work directly, its more about getting the name out there, the plan is 500k leaflets in 2 years, cost about 25k, this should then establish us as a household name in this area. thats why i'm trying to get the price down on the printing.
so any advances on johns £832, cheers for that john, preciate it.

Jim_77

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 10:47:22 am »
the plan is 500k leaflets in 2 years, cost about 25k, this should then establish us as a household name in this area

Have you researched this properly?!!

Hoover is a household name, so are Vauxhall and Sky.  These companies spend millions of pounds a year on brand advertising, i.e. not direct response marketing.

Brand advertising, if you read around the subject a little, is strongly discouraged for small businesses as it is largely ineffective and prohibitive, cost-wise.

For a lot less than 25 grand over 24 months I'm sure you could hire a marketing firm to create and deliver an outstanding direct mail campaign to a targeted list of prospects.  That would probably give you a much better result and produce a much more amenable type of prospect than simply throwing leaflets all over the place until people are fed up of them.

12.5k a year on leaflets is a bit ambitious for someone who's only just entered the business.  Unless you've inherited a fortune and are just finding ways to chuck it away, I'd have a bit more of a think about wiser ways to spend the cash you haven't earned yet.

derek west

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 11:02:59 am »
i understand all your concerns guys but this is the way i want to go with it, i know what your saying with branding for big companys, totallly agree. this is local branding which includes direct marketing.
i may be new to carpet cleaning but i'm not new to business.
so, to sum up,
me £897.
john £832
can anyone beat johns amazing price.
a can of asda's finest lager on its way to whoever can beat it.

craigp

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 02:01:08 pm »
I agree branding and fancy logos will get you know where, leave branding to coka cola. You will not become a house hold name do not make that your goal, profitable jobs are your goal. Your company name may be a bad idea you'll be excpeted to be competitive with your prices, sometimes people dont want cheap. sorry to critise but just giving my opinon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 02:47:22 pm »
unless you have the flyer already designed and in a PDF format you can't use Printcarrier all they do is print, they don't design.

look for a professional graphic designer, get them to design your leaflet then use Print carrier or use DP design who offer the full package but cost a little bit more

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 02:58:07 pm »
Derek, if you not too bothered whether they work or not.......... whats £60 saving here or there, why be bothered.
Just get them printed and go with it.

clinton

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 03:24:15 pm »
Just about to get mine sorted out and to put an order in..Hope it all goes well derek for you..Joe did you get yours sorted and dropped off as you mentioned when i phoned you.. cheers clinton

Joe H

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 03:37:43 pm »
Hi Clinton
Not all out yet.
Too warm unless its 2 in the morning  :)

derek west

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 04:34:36 pm »
joe, just cos i'm not to bothered if they work, doesn't mean i can't try and save a few quid, £60 is a lot of lager. and when i say i don't think they will work, i mean i dont think i will get my money back directly off the flyers. rough guess, 100 jobs from 100k leaflets, that wont get me a return, what will get me a return is allthe referals from my work to them 100, plus all the work from neighbour nudgers and the work from kitchen sink chat.

craig, the company name is working brilliant for me. we are very competitive with our prices and because off our image we dont portray cheapness.
theres only a minority that actually think affordable is cheap, your mortgage is affordable but it probably aint cheap. we are very affordable but we aint splash and dash cheap. our marketing is driven towards promoting our name along with our quality. our name attracts and our quality of image makes they stay.

mike, all done in pdf format and looking very snazzy even if i say so my self, my idea with a professional marketing company doing the finishing touches, even john gotts gave his approval. thats good enough for me.
now back to the thread,
any more beer savings out there.
any advances on £832.
come on guys there must be slightly cheaper than that.

M.Acorn

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 04:58:22 pm »
Try solopress,very good company and fast turnaround  :)
What goes around comes around

davep

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 07:25:37 pm »
I would get 50,000 off Printcarrier (£426) and then if you want to tweak the flyer your not stuck with boxes of them  :P

derek west

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 07:41:29 pm »
must admit dave, theres not much diff in price between 50 k and 100 k so may take you addy on that one. diff headline on the next 50k to compare responce.

derek west

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 04:47:11 pm »
tried solopress,not good news, £970.
so johns £832 is still in the lead.
anyone else find cheaper,
dont forget, a can of asdas finest lager in it for the winner.