This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

new water pipes
« on: July 19, 2008, 04:09:32 pm »
IM  going to have a problem soon as to how i can purify my water , the water board are going to be fitting new mains supply to the houses around my area , this means they are going to put tempory water supplys to all the houses in the area all outside taps are to be shut off by the water board while the work takes place . THE outside tap is what i use but im going to be without this for 6 weeks , i use on average 3000ltrs per week can anyone suggest a way how i could still carry on to produce the water i need ? would using di only work with tds from tap of around 320 ? if i was to use di only how long would it take to produce 500 ltrs a time ? any help thanks ive got until the 28th july to get sorted thanks .
where theres muck theres money

tomy jackson

Re: new water pipes
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 04:19:17 pm »
have you not mates or famly to help out

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 04:19:54 pm »
have you got friends/relations near by, with a garage/shed, and not on a meter, that you could set up a temporary static tank.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 04:33:51 pm »
IM  going to have a problem soon as to how i can purify my water , the water board are going to be fitting new mains supply to the houses around my area , this means they are going to put tempory water supplys to all the houses in the area all outside taps are to be shut off by the water board while the work takes place . THE outside tap is what i use but im going to be without this for 6 weeks , i use on average 3000ltrs per week can anyone suggest a way how i could still carry on to produce the water i need ? would using di only work with tds from tap of around 320 ? if i was to use di only how long would it take to produce 500 ltrs a time ? any help thanks ive got until the 28th july to get sorted thanks .

why dont you just attach a hose pipe to a tap in your house and out of window, not ideal but better than not working, resin di only would cost loads

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 04:37:31 pm »

Dave, you can use DI only and will get around 2100L of water from a bag of resin, so around £15.00 per day.  You are purifying water as fast as it comes out the tap with DI, so it depends on the tap water pressure.

Peter

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 04:37:49 pm »
yes ive mates who can help out but a lot of these are in the same boat as having there water supply done at the same time . is there any type of hoselock fitting that would fit on a mixer tap ? so i could run a hose from the inside and connect to the outside hose that i use .

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 04:40:50 pm »
yes ive mates who can help out but a lot of these are in the same boat as having there water supply done at the same time . is there any type of hoselock fitting that would fit on a mixer tap ? so i could run a hose from the inside and connect to the outside hose that i use .

It would be very difficult to fit something to a mixer as it has to be full pressure with no leaks.  If the water happened to find a way out you would have a flood on your hands.

You could however easily use a self piercing saddle valve, straight on to your water supply pipe under your sink.

Peter

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 04:50:26 pm »
where could i get 1 from peter , im going to b&q in a bit would i get 1 there thanks .

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 04:54:13 pm »
I wouldn't think so, but they may have.

I could send you one if you give me your address, I have quite a few lying around.

Peter

tomy jackson

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 05:01:53 pm »
biy on of thos self taping taps for washing mashen , if water bord is doing manes will that not mean howse tap out of action not just the one in garden ????????????????/

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 05:57:58 pm »
Fit a 4040 and filters in your van and fill up on commercial jobs if you can whilst you're working if practical. Would be cheaper than DI on your TDS. Have a word with your customers ,(those not on water meters) if some of them will allow you to top up your water whilst you're working.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 06:00:33 pm »
biy on of thos self taping taps for washing mashen , if water bord is doing manes will that not mean howse tap out of action not just the one in garden ????????????????/
there will be tempory pipe work being fitted as you can not be left without water to your house but all outside taps are being capped off until the work is complete which is taking 6 weeks , peter i will e-mail my address thanks .

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 07:50:55 pm »
there will be tempory pipe work being fitted as you can not be left without water to your house but all outside taps are being capped off until the work is complete which is taking 6 weeks , peter i will e-mail my address thanks .
Are the allowed to cap off your tap if your a business ? I would be asking that question

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 08:04:34 pm »
Are the allowed to cap off your tap if your a business ? I would be asking that question
i will look into that ian , im only going on what the wife told me when the waterboard people were going round and informing of what was going to be happening and when the work would be starting but i will find out when they open monday .

matt

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 08:08:47 pm »
daveshaw

if peter finds he hasnt got any, i have a few in the garage

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 08:31:48 pm »
cheers matt

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 08:36:00 pm »
just checked my e mail matt and peters going to send me 1 on monday , thanks for the offer matt and thank you peter .

macmac

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 07:07:06 pm »
just checked my e mail matt and peters going to send me 1 on monday , thanks for the offer matt and thank you peter .

I would just cut the pipe & fit a 15mm compression "T" piece then a valve/tap. The self cutting taps (the ones i've used anyway) only pierce a small hole & very much restrict the flow of water. I also find them a bit cheap & unreliable. Just IMO. ;)
If you go DI, I would have it on the van & fill tank from tap, this way you can fill up anywhere & not be restricted to your own home.

Tony

matt

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 09:39:13 pm »

no probs, i got 1 out incase, it can go back ;)