This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

Bio Desiel
« on: July 18, 2008, 07:24:18 pm »
Just thought i would let you all know that i have started using this in my estate from today ,It cost me £1.12 per a ltr.The car seems to run alot smoother and not so noisey.As far as i know all is well but i will let you know how it go's in the coming weeks.

LWC

Re: Bio Desiel
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 07:36:59 pm »
i thought bio was loads cheaper

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 07:39:07 pm »
does bio diesel go straight in or do you have to have a conversion done?

i thought it was cheaper than that too?
You can't polish a turd

wightsurf

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 07:49:30 pm »
It's up to the person what % you use,i'm trying 100% Bio .But you can do any % if it makes you fill better.
Yes it go's straight in the tank no conversion. You can do a bit of a search on the net to see what cars will run on it,this is what i did and found out that just about any diesil will run on it

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 07:53:03 pm »
ok cheers

do know anything about running diesel vans of cooking oil?
You can't polish a turd

wightsurf

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 08:16:15 pm »
read this
h ttp://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_vehicle.html

crystal pure systems

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 08:38:34 pm »

i have used bio fuel in my van it clogged the fuel pump up the cause was there was too much fatty acids in it, it cost me £360.00 to repair.

Guy Gibson

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 08:43:43 pm »
 ;D Would have been better in one of my Merlins!
Left a bit, right a bit

sherco

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 08:50:05 pm »
My mate who is a mechanic, said bio fuel is the best thing invented, keeps him really busy rebuilding fuel pumps, engines etc when it knackers them, you think you are saving money wait till you get the repair bill!!!!
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

wightsurf

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 10:35:47 pm »
I'm buying it from a HGV company they run it in there lorries and diggers,It's not bodge the money maker making it in there back garden.If you look at VW i think you will find they aprove it for there cars!!

paulscotney

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 10:48:27 pm »
My mechanic mate says it stands a good chance of f***ing up the fuel pump at £1000 a time.

paulscotney

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 10:53:51 pm »
Also I read somewhere that German vehicles are far more suited as biofuel is a big thing there

ok cleaning

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 11:02:35 pm »
 I USED %100 pure vegetable oil on my V reg pug expert 1.9 diesel for a year till i replace it and never coused me any pobs at all

wightsurf

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 11:11:36 pm »
I was going to go for the 100% veg oil,but thought i'll try the bio as it's not much different in price.
Time will tell how the bio fuel goes but don't be one for myths...After all what we buy as diesel is not 100% fossil fuel is it!!! looked at the rain forest lately :o

crystalcleen

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 12:35:45 am »
There was a report about this on BBC news in the last week. Apparently it is fine to run either bio or 100% vegetable oil as long as you install a small filter into the engine which costs between £2.50 and £5.00.

Industry experts won't release this information as many of the major car companies are tied up as shareholders in the large oil companies and don't want people to use the cheaper fuel options - the addition of this filter means that you won't have any problems with your fuel pump.

It's very simple - bio/vegetable oil would not be used by so many people if it caused major engine problems, its been in use for years now so if it was that bad it wouldn't still be such a popular option. Don't follow the scare stories until you have done all the research.

mr merson

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 05:34:56 am »
I was told its ok for older engines , but for new ones , it can do a lot of damage !

pingu

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 07:21:07 am »
I use bio fuels and make it myself and with regards to clogging up....this is mainly caused by 'soaps' not being removed from the biodiesel in the making process...most people who make biodiesel are in a rush to get it into their tanks...I make biodiesel in large batches and this allows 'settlingtime' for these soaps to drop out of the process....

There are many who make bd but do not fully understand the process of making and also washing the soaps out of the mix...this is where the problem normally lies...but also remember you use caustic soda and methanol and these are dangerous chemicals.

I do not use 100% but use it as an addition to keep the costs down....remember the tax man know about this....so claiming can be fraught with pitfalls...

Dave.

Londoner

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 07:41:59 am »
Loads of taxis and minicabs have been running on cooking oil for ages. It works fine, in fact its supposed to be better for your engine than diesel oil. Don't use it in sub freezing temperatures because it goes too thick.
 There are lots of websites telling you how to do it. The problem comes when you try to use old oil from a chip shop or similar because it is contaminated with animal fat and that blocks your pump.

You have to buy the oil from a cash and carry. If you buy it from the supermarket there is no saving and even if you get it from a cash and carry there is not much in it now.

It is legal now.

pingu

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 07:47:29 am »
Vince the best oil funnily enough is old oil from chinese takeaways....the worst is from burger bars....and you're right new oil is so expensive now it is hardly worth the effort....try taking a look back over the last 2 years of the price of cooking oil...you would swear the petro-chemical industry has linked it with the price of fuel!!! ;D

I use oil from chinese shops and once the oil has been allowed to stand and the run through a few filters the solids have all but been removed...then the process can being....whether the oil is new or old in the end makes no difference its the process and % of caustic soda and methanol required which makes the difference.

Cheers
Dave.

Scrimble

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 05:45:18 pm »
bio diesel what a load of crap, knackered my old van up knackered diesel injectors clogged the tank up , it wouldnt start from cold i had to bump start it every day glad i live at the top of a hill, it shags the diesel pump too a mechanic told me its easier to change an engine than the pump so not exactly a easy job as some people make out

the place where i used to buy from is shut down now(i wonder why) was in the local paper that loads of peoples car where breaking down due to the bio diesel, anyone who says its better than diesel is talking out of there arse, you wont save money you will lose money on repair bills and days lost when ur van wont work because of the crap your putting in the tank,

i sacked it off and bought a LPG van, 100 times better and i'm spending half as much on fuel now