Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

keeps postponing
« on: July 14, 2008, 02:55:40 pm »

what do you think I should do ?

I have a custy who requires her full house cleaning, the job is worth £350, however it wa initialy booked in 3 weeks ago, 2 days after the booking she postponed , booking me in for 2 weeks later no problem but  3 days before the date she again rang postponing saying the plumbers were not finished, this time a little peeved  but hey she still wants the work doing, booked in for this coming friday. Guess what , just got in and a message on my phone can i rebook her in for friday the 1st August .   
now obviously i dont want to lose the job so would you just rebook and hopfully fit in other jobs on the cancelled date, or would you suggest something else.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

Re: keeps postponing
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 03:07:51 pm »
Hi Jeff

I started a job on 19th May, only downstairs done as decorator too busy to finish upstairs.

Still waiting, but am told it could be in hte next 2 weeks.

At least you are being told and you are getting some warning but I can see its a pain.

I would book her in, put other work around her, but at the start of the week 28th July just give her a call. If she still not sure tell her that you may have to overbook Aug 1st and put her back a week.
Would be good to keep the job but you also need the other customers - bird in the hand etc

*paul_moss

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 04:56:49 pm »
Geoff
If you need the work then you will have to hang in and bite your lip. Ive had this a couple of times and end up binning them if they cancel on a second occasion.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Neil Grainger

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 05:08:41 pm »
Geoff, ask her for a deposit, if she is really going to use you she will  happily pay a fee in advance.

cheers

Neil

Doug Holloway

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 05:14:51 pm »
Hi Guys

Geoff, I am a three  strikes and your out man.

I would ring and say that all this changing is playing havoc with your diary and is she really sure of the 1st.

If she sounds confident give her one more chance , otherwise into touch !

Cheers

Doug

markpowell

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 06:39:02 pm »
Im with doug 100% on this one.
Mark

derek west

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 08:34:20 pm »
if shes taking up other customers space then bin it but if youve got gaps to play with then let her get on with it, i'm new to all this and at the moment can easily handle all my jobs with days to spare so i'd grin and bear it. but if i lost a lead because i couldnt do it soon enough then i'd tell her to find someone else. roll on the days when i can tell a cancelling customer to go fish.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 08:45:52 pm »
My feeling with people like this is they don't value you or your time and you devalue yourself when you let them. This can sometimes be my fault because I havn't qyuite conveyed what I'm about and what it means to be messed about.

The answer is to explain, get agreement and then explain the consequences of breaking a mutual agreement (anyone got teenagers?)

The three strikes is a good idea, whatever reasons three time is more than just bad luck. When you chase people like this you are no different than a losing gambling addict.

David_Annable

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 08:53:22 pm »
Hi

The last time this happened, the job was rearranged 3 times & in the end cancelled.

To be honest i didn't want to work for her in the first place, as i thought she would be difficult.

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

des

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 09:26:06 pm »
Geoff its easy just tell her to phone you when the works done and not before as she is taking up appointments which cost you  money .I have this all the time
des at mister clean

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 09:29:23 pm »
I've had both tomorrows jobs rescheduled, one just sounds like an utter messer who just happened to resched after she told her husband the price ::)  but I need the work so I'm bearing with it, the other is a squaddie who's posting has been delayed so seems quite genuine

One minute I have £250 booked in and the next nothing!!!!!! Gutted but I'm determined to get out and leaflet as I have already arranged cover for the little 'uns

Personally though Geoff I think you should not bother with her she's a total messer..... obviously ;)............ Just give me the job, I'd travel for £350 and be messed about all month :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Andy
Www.2venturegroup.com

The Great One

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 09:43:32 pm »
Geoff its easy just tell her to phone you when the works done and not before as she is taking up appointments which cost you  money .I have this all the time

i agree.

If she's having work done, this can easily lead to delays, if painting or plumbing work hasn't been done, or they delay her due to other commitments.

Just tell her to call when she is absolutely ready, get on with your business and if she calls great, if not then the inconvenience is limited to zero.

Regards

Martin 8)

gwrightson

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 06:04:59 am »
well,

spoke custy, jobs is still on for tommorow :)

so hopefuly their will be no last minute changes >:(

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

clinton

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 08:05:19 am »
Let us know what happens :)

gwrightson

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 07:34:15 pm »
 >:(  >:(  >:(

"I dont believe it "

A message on my mobile , from a lady ...... who was ringing on behalf of my custy " sorry but mrs x has asked me  to phone to postpone tomorrow, she is playing in a tennis tournamant in Ilkley " apparently she is a ranked tennis player and has been draughted in last minute :-\
Well I,m just going to scour the net to see if their are tennis games around Ilkely tommorow :)
I dread to nthink what I will say if she isnt there ;)

geoff

Jim_77

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 07:37:19 pm »
Not having much luck with this one are you mate!

gwrightson

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 07:43:17 pm »
For the fourth year running, Skipton Building Society will provide financial support to the JM Glendinning Group Ilkley Open Tennis Tournament.

The Ilkley Open is a huge tennis event held at the Ilkley Lawn Tennis & Squash Club from July 26 to August 2. The tournament includes an international men's singles and doubles competition as well as a number of top grade senior and junior events.

Just copied this from Ilkely lawn tennis club web site!!!!!!!!!

Maybe she isnt lying :-\

but still annoying

geoff

derek west

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 07:43:49 pm »
geoff
just turn up and play dumb, hopefully someone will be in. do the clean and then its sorted, good luck with getting the money though, all though if she wins the tennis tourny she'll be quids in.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 08:00:54 pm »
Had something like this last year, priced up January 07, she cancelled twice on me before finally saying she would give me a call when she was ready.
Approx. 5 months later (yes 5 :o) she called and started haggling the price because I said I was adding back on the seasonal discount.
Eventually did the job at the original price but have since had 3 good referrals from them and she just booked me to go back again later this month.  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 08:44:34 pm »
I have had customers in the past like that, I once had one cancel on me for quite a small job and then re book to cancel and so on, so I booked her in again and the night before the job I called to cancel her (I'd already covered the appointment with a paying customer)

Shaun

PS ask her if the building society would like to cancel your morgage repayment this month and rebook for later.