Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Timmy Boy

Black marks on doors
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:34:38 am »
Good morning all
I was wondering if you guys know of a good product for removing those annoying foot scuffs on the bottom of doors. I have tried various different products, some marks come off, some don't. Any ideas as i have got to clean about 50 doors this weekend!!
Regards
Tim

keith b

Re: Black marks on doors
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:17:25 am »
I would use `upvc solvent cleaner` from Everbuild £2.98, .........just put a little on a rag and wipe the stain off (mind you it stinks and evaporates quickly........you should wear a mask and gloves).

Do test on doors made from other materials or colours (wood/varnish or composite) before use........its strong stuff!

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 01:24:05 am »
Good morning all
I was wondering if you guys know of a good product for removing those annoying foot scuffs on the bottom of doors. I have tried various different products, some marks come off, some don't. Any ideas as i have got to clean about 50 doors this weekend!!
Regards
Tim
Sugar soap works a treat

Timmy Boy

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 11:34:01 am »
Thanks for the responses all
Regards
Tim

nick p

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 02:33:03 pm »
i use bac-clene if there bad marks i do where a mask with this stuff though great on grease to

Billy Russell

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 03:18:50 pm »
i've often used Traffic Film Remover it works a treat on upvc! you just have to make sure it's rinsed throughly!