This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobby

tds reading merlin
« on: July 06, 2008, 05:46:58 pm »
just got a full set of merlin membranes and filters my tap water reading is 275 put in the new filters etc with booster pump on it comes out at 88 without the pump on it comes out at 122 any ideas are the membranes faulty

bobby

Re: tds reading merlin
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 05:57:14 pm »
just checked the reading again now at 144 help

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 05:59:45 pm »
I don't have much real knowledge of Merlins but it could be that you need to run it for a while to get the reading down if the membranes came in a sealed bag which I think they do.

The other thing that I can think of is that it's easy not to seat the membranes properly. If the reading doesn't come down quickly unscrew each membrane housing again and make sure the membrane is seated properly. Also make sure the o ring is luricated in each housing. (Vaseline will do) They say not to use petroleum jelly though. Just use as little as poss. Then screw the housing on again making sure it is COMPLETELY in.

That should do it (Hopefully)  :)

Andrew

bobby

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 06:39:38 pm »
thanks andrew

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 06:42:56 pm »
As Andrew said, I would suspect that the membranes have not been seated in properly.  Effectively this allows dirty water to bypass the membrane and come out the product hose.

darragh windows

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 07:27:41 pm »
just got a full set of merlin membranes and filters my tap water reading is 275 put in the new filters etc with booster pump on it comes out at 88 without the pump on it comes out at 122 any ideas are the membranes faulty

do you have the filters in the right order membranes at top and filter at bottem
jamie

Dave Turley

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:19:49 pm »
my instructions said filter at the top and membranes at the bottom  when I had mine  ???

darragh windows

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 10:23:08 pm »
my instructions said filter at the top and membranes at the bottom when I had mine ???
[/quot
my instructions said filter at the top and membranes at the bottom when I had mine ???

sorry bobby dave is right i mixed it up
jamie