Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Turley

is this weather for real?
« on: July 06, 2008, 10:04:38 am »
here in wolverhampton, it has been p***ing it down for at least 6 hours solid!

we seem to have been plagued with showers for who knows how long.

I think we've had one decent spell of sunny weather (3 days?) this year!

and we all remember last year only too well.

i've been w/c for 3 and a half years now, what do you lot think of it all, especially you guys who have been w/c for a long time?

I hope this post doesn't get moved cos the weather impacts on all of us (except the "carry on whatever" brigade)  ;D  lol

elite mike

Re: is this weather for real?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:09:31 am »
hi dave

i have just seen forcast for the week, its not looking good

Dave Turley

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:16:20 am »
 ::)  groan  ::)

I don't let it get me down nowadays cos I know you never seem to lose more than 2 days a week due to the weather, and I can manage on 3 days money ok

poleman

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 10:43:04 am »
Dave, I have been going 20 years and the weather does have a impact on us and this only hight lights that you have to price well and put up any low prices, business is business and if you use a WFP then your be able to work in drissal

Dave Turley

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 10:48:09 am »
you're right poleman, I haven't got any poorly piced work left now. i'm wfp and do work if it's spitting or if I know custy is out.

just looked at the forecast for next week...

you're right mike, it's a stinker

mr D

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 11:51:03 am »
i keep a ever growing list of what i call 'wet work', gutter cleans, pressure wasing. i tell customas ''i'm happy to do it but you will have to wait till its a rainy day. never been declined and keeps me busy. in my 1st year i had 1 day off for rain and that was mainly coz i'd been up all night on here :o :-[

its no good having a great weeks work only to blow it back down to an advrage week with a day off.

but i totally agree its a pain when you want to keep work ticking over regualy and a few wet days put you behind. worse is they creat a gap in the following month.

cvdewsbury

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 01:23:07 pm »
Its damp, dismal, grey and totally miserable over here and there's only one solution for that... out for a skinful with the lads and paralyzed from the neck down by 20.00...what are you waiting for brethren ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 02:38:11 pm »
T www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uuris may help plan when its about to stop

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 09:30:18 pm »
i keep a ever growing list of what i call 'wet work', gutter cleans, pressure wasing. i tell customas ''i'm happy to do it but you will have to wait till its a rainy day. never been declined and keeps me busy.

That's exactly what I do.
Between powerwashing, school cleans, the odd carpet clean etc, I just about manage to fill most days. I find I actually earn more powerwashing than cleaning windows too!

Dave Turley

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 10:15:36 pm »
i'm not depresse about it, it just doesn't seem right... no real summer yet and it's july already!

cheers jeff, that radar thingy is now on my favourites on  my pocket pc ;D

NWH

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 11:18:04 pm »
Weather should only effect you getting all your work done on time it shouldn`t really effect you earning a good living,3 days and you should earn more than enough if your prices are right.

cvdewsbury

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 11:26:03 pm »
Its damp, dismal, grey and totally miserable over here and there's only one solution for that... out for a skinful with the lads and paralyzed from the neck down by 20.00...what are you waiting for brethren ;)
you will grow out of it as you get older

i,m not much younger than you!!!nothing wrong with a good blast out with the boys,then a fall out with the Mrs >:(

Dave Turley

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 07:26:28 am »
I can manage fine on 3 days money. my best paid work will ALWAYS get done

i'm not worried about my earnings, I just felt like a moan about the weather!

as for "wet work", with  my hot wfp, cleaning windows is so easy, all that other stuff seems too much hard work.

plus, I don't like working in the rain, I have no room in my van for more equipment, and I don't want to spend on different tools.

I don't need/want to diversify, just to see more sunshine    ;D

Neil271052

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 10:36:47 am »
I like having an enforced day or two off.  :)
Cheers,
Neil